• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

O ring size on valve train oil pipes size?

JerBear

There are several o-rings on the three oil transfer pipes in the top end near the chain. The next valve adjustment I’m replacing all the rubber parts. Partzilla has them at nearly 3.59 each! I could buy Viton for half that. Anyone know what the actual size is? I’ll buy them at McMaster for 15% of that!

Ive never replaced those and never heard anybody else replace them. But the size is 13mm O.D x 2mm cross section. The one I just measured has about 50k miles on it and actually measured 12.75mm. so thats about .005" per side deformation.