• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

OCT and NOV overnighters?

OMoaC

Recently sent a email message out to the SW group for the Wild Wasatch Regional and some teasers for a Kernville CA. and Prescott AZ overnighter. Starting to firm these up. Please chime in. Looking at Kernville overnighter Oct. 14,15 and Prescott Nov. 11,12. Now my Bday is Nov 10. Anybody wanna help me celebrate. Lemme know who is interested and I'll get to work on lodging discounts.
Mark Hartman
COG/SWAD
2017 OtP Traveler

Boom! Dibs on top bunk!!!

I'm in for Kernville in Oct. Probably ride in through Paso or SLO Town on Friday.

Prescott sounds interesting, but can't commit. That may be a waterpolo tourney weekend (sons play NCAA). Plus, that trip looks like it may exceed my daily range of 300 kilometers -- oh wait, nothing is ever more than 80 kilometers...  :rotflmao:    (stupid OtP inside joke)

I'll watch for details on Kernville. SO already on board -- not going -- just happy to be rid of me.  :great:

SantaCruzRider said:
Boom! Dibs on top bunk!!!

I'm in for Kernville in Oct. Probably ride in through Paso or SLO Town on Friday.

Prescott sounds interesting, but can't commit. That may be a waterpolo tourney weekend (sons play NCAA). Plus, that trip looks like it may exceed my daily range of 300 kilometers -- oh wait, nothing is ever more than 80 kilometers...  :rotflmao:    (stupid OtP inside joke)

I'll watch for details on Kernville. SO already on board -- not going -- just happy to be rid of me.  :great:
Brother from another Mother! Bunks are OK. Band Camp sleeping arrangements are a no go. Not that there is anything wrong with that.

I could be inticed to either. Need to be closer to the date to commit but both area have great riding.

DGOLD said:
I could be inticed to either. Need to be closer to the date to commit but both area have great riding.
You Sir introduced me to a new route into Lake Isabella years ago. Hope to C U and Deb soon.  :beerchug:

Always interested! Both trips sound pretty good to me! Be good to see David again too! Hope you can make it!
DGOLD said:
Old Man on a Connie said:
Recently sent a email message out to the SW group for the Wild Wasatch Regional and some teasers for a Kernville CA. and Prescott AZ overnighter. Starting to firm these up. Please chime in. Looking at Kernville overnighter Oct. 14,15 and Prescott Nov. 11,12. Now my Bday is Nov 10. Anybody wanna help me celebrate. Lemme know who is interested and I'll get to work on lodging discounts.
Mark Hartman
COG/SWAD
2017 OtP Traveler

I usually ride Prescott area a couple times a month, can be a bit cool in Nov. but I'm in. Probably wife will come up as well.   

Kool.  :great: :beerchug: I will check into lodging discounts and a place to support us for food and adult bevs after the ride of course  ;) Just to be clear for everyone though these are just a meet up, show and go, sit and BS events (Though the Area may throw some suprises). Not sure if to classify as a meet and great or a ride to eat so no fees, no insurance, no banners etc. Just a good ol' get together of new and old friends. Lemme get to work!  :motonoises:

OMOAC-

Still darkening the doorway of this place? You need to check your emails once and awhile. I was about to send out search party.

captainmarko said:
OMOAC-

Still darkening the doorway of this place? You need to check your emails once and awhile. I was about to send out search party.
Aye Cap'n. Received said email. Waiting on ya to confirm your social calendar  ;) :beerchug:

Follow this thread Thomas. I'll post up when we have something firm. Several folks down in the Dago area.

Seven and a half weeks from now.  Four months removed from surgery.  Kernville only 245 miles from Pahrump.  Hmmmm...

CaffeineMan said:
Seven and a half weeks from now.  Four months removed from surgery.  Kernville only 245 miles from Pahrump.  Hmmmm...
And about 200 of those 245 are pretty sweet.

TJSocal said:
I'm interested in Kernville. I'd be coming from LA area.
:great: :beerchug: There is a great ride from Tehachapi to Lake Isabella my friend DGOLD turned me onto. You can see a train actually turn across itself while climbing the pass. 2 level route through the scrub oaks with very nice switch backs and elevation changes into Bodfish. If ya'll would like to post routes in and out of Kville and Pscott from all points of the compass please share.

Thanks Old Man.
For Kernville, I'm planning to ride in Friday afternoon from Santa Cruz.

A few options:

1. South from Hollister on Hwy 25 to 198 and then to 41/43, to 65 and 190 out of Springfield into the mountains; then to 107 and Mountain Highway to drop in on the north end of the lake.

2. Lazy options include coming down Hwy 101 and turn west either south of King City (Hwy 198) or Paso Robles (Hwy 46).Would likely limit time on I5 and take one option or another to come in on 155 thru Glennville and Alta Sierra or follow the Kern on 178.

Not sure how hotels are being sorted, but I could either make it a short day Friday and stop in Delano or Lost Hills and come into Kernville first thing Saturday or leave a bit earlier and go for Kernville on Friday night.

Love to hook up with other other riders en route and open to flexing to connect.

TJSocal said:
I'm interested in Kernville. I'd be coming from LA area.
:great: :beerchug: There is a great ride from Tehachapi to Lake Isabella my friend DGOLD turned me onto. You can see a train actually turn across itself while climbing the pass. 2 level route through the scrub oaks with very nice switch backs and elevation changes into Bodfish. If ya'll would like to post routes in and out of Kville and Pscott from all points of the compass please share.

So far I'm thinking of taking I5 to hit the Newhall/Castaic area around brunchtime and then taking the "third and most meandering" route described in the link below, which I think includes the patch you mention.

http://www.motorcyclecruiser.com/lake-isabella-beckons-california-motorcyclists

That's he one  :great: My plans are to be in Friday afternoon from Vegas, across DV and the panamints, So to Ridgecrest and over Owens Pass. Play Sat and head home through Tehachapi on Sun. Be there all weekend. Don't forget to tip your waiter and waitress  :) :beerchug: Struggling to find some open lodging. Still working on it though. If anybody has any suggestions throw them out. I'd accept Kernville, Bodfish, Isabella and Wofford Heights. Not sure what is going on that weekend but folks seem to be pretty proud of their rooms  :mad:

That's he one  :great: My plans are to be in Friday afternoon from Vegas, across DV and the panamints, So to Ridgecrest and over Owens Pass. Play Sat and head home through Tehachapi on Sun. Be there all weekend. Don't forget to tip your waiter and waitress  :) :beerchug: Struggling to find some open lodging. Still working on it though. If anybody has any suggestions throw them out. I'd accept Kernville, Bodfish, Isabella and Wofford Heights. Not sure what is going on that weekend but folks seem to be pretty proud of their rooms  :mad:

I did a little googling and I think there's a hot rod show in Kernville that weekend.

Tim, Can you send me link? Did the same and came up with nada. Maybe we should expand to Tehachapi? Springville? Bakersfield and Ridgecrest I think we can call not. That 190 from Kernville is a hoot but does eat some time. Suggestions?

OK folks. Kernville is on the calendar for Oct 13,14 return 15. I will start another thread with details. As stated the is a hot rod show in this little neck of the woods. I would encourage everyone to make a room res as soon as possible. There is no fee for cancellation.