• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

October 15th Arkansas Ride (Jack's Fishing Resort)

Fred H.

Back due to popular demand, I am going to hold a very informal COG ride back to Jacks Fishing Resort near Mountain View Arkansas on the weekend of October 15th. Some of you may remember last year when I had my 50th birthday Ride In there, and lots of folks said they want to do it again.

I'm in the process of trying to negotiate a favorable rate with the hotel, but I have already booked a couple rooms, and I'd highly suggest that if anyone wants to go, they book rooms early, as it will most likely fill up again.

I won't have any route sheets, door prizes, or formal rides. This is all intended to be very casual. We'll probably all chip in for Pizza on Sat night and have it delivered like we did last year. Friday night will be dinner at the restaurant on site.

Here is the web site and phone number for Jacks.
http://jacksresort.com/
Phone: 870-585-2211

I am really looking forward this ride. It's just been rediculously hot. Maybe it will dip below 100F by that time.  8)
Called Jack's last weekend to make reservations, and there are only a couple of rooms available. Turns out there is another MC group taking many rooms that weekend. Not many signed up on the calendar, but can we get a count who is going besides those signed up?
Big Joe? Terry? Butch? Ted?

Since I must burn up some vacation time, probably do same as last year... Do the NW part of the state a few days before, and the SW tier on the way back to Houston. If there is anyone else doing more than just the weekend there, would love some company.

Don

Don,
I'm in central AR. I could probably meet up with you & ride thurs. - fri. if you'd like. Just let me know!
Cliff

I just tried to call the resort, but they did not answer the phone. I guess that they all go to bed early in order to get out on the water early in the a.m.

I sent an email requesting reservations- I just hope that they aren't full up already.

I need to get out in the twisties on my new scooter, and this ride seems perfect !!

911ZG Guy,
There are about 1/2 dozen motels in Mt. View, so I wouldn't worry to much about getting a room. Very doubtful they'll all be full, town is roughly 4-5 miles south of Jack's so it's not major travel! Jack's is a fairly small motel & Mt. View is a small place. I ride thru there pretty regular.
Cliff

911ZG guy said:
I just tried to call the resort, but they did not answer the phone. I guess that they all go to bed early in order to get out on the water early in the a.m.

I sent an email requesting reservations- I just hope that they aren't full up already.

I need to get out in the twisties on my new scooter, and this ride seems perfect !!

Great Riding in that locale! The avatar seen was taken on Push Mt Road.

Be there!

Craig