• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

October Arkansas Rally at Jacks

c14addict said:
Fred (and all), be careful of OK side of Talahmina rt 1. Losts of pea size stones on corners the other day kept ”popping” out from the tires made me think it was the bike until I fish-tailed once.

Thanks for the warning. I'll watch out for it.

Kevin Pangle said:
Well what do you know yall coming to my neck of the woods. my name is Kevin Pangle live in Yellville Ar ive been lurking around your sight. Well lets just say to long. but know a paid member. i have had lots of bikes over the last 35 yrs had a vulcan 1500 before my 93 C10 bought the C10 in 08 in mint cond and sold the vulcan after i took the connie on a trip to CO i put about about 30.000 miles on the C10 thought i would never get rid of that bike. i made the mistak of test riding a ZG1400 one saturday and within 5 days i was bringing a 2012 home, WOW what a bike!!!    but who would have guessed i got the one that has a knocking sound when its on the center stand.well crap read read read the fourm looks like a common prob that can be solved when i put new tires on. i called about 10 dealears all over the U S nope never herd of that bring it in, NO WAY MAN I CAN"T even think of letting this bike go for a week are you kidding me i will greeez it my self LOL.  oh well see you guy s friday after noon looking forward to meeting you.  and yes i live on HWY 235 i am sure your going to ride HWY 235 if your coming from the bruno fire station there are 2 corners one 2 miles from fire station sharp down hill left guy missed corner 3 weeks ago he is no more. and at the old charcoll plant desinding down hill left watched a friend in my rearview fly over the bars and out into the field enough from me. hall ass when posible be safe the rest of the time. :) Kevmo     

Welcome to the club Kevin, wish I could be there to greet you in person.  Yall have a good, fun, safe ride.  Again Kevin, welcome.

The rest of ya.....  :nananana: :nananana: :nananana: :nananana: :nananana: 

That is the rest except fer Murph.  :beerchug:
Yall be safe.

What a beautiful day for a ride! I will be heading up part way this afternoon and then riding on in tomorrow. Can't wait!

Everybody have a great ride and a fun time with your "fellow" COG friends!

:103:

I didn't even make it out of Dallas before I picked up a nail in my tire.  It made a hole so big I could not even plug it. Had to detour to a dealer and get a new tire put on.  It put us a couple hours behind schedule. But I still should make it to Jacks sometime tomorrow afternoon, with a slightly lighter wallet.

Saw Connies all day!

We passed one on the pig trail this morning.

Saw two having lunch in Oark.

Saw them again later.

Saw Jeremy with a plus one this afternoon.
(Recognized the bike)

Someone also came by the Swiss Holiday early this morning.

just a kwik note i have a 93 connie with a very nice trailer and hitch trailer weighs 80lbs. it will be sitting 2 miles east of yellville at the stoage buildings if you,ve been thinking about a trailer u might want to take a look!! bikes for sale 2

Now just all get home safe.  Good to know yall had fun.  Sad to miss out... I whined all day yesterday and today... ask my wife.  :'(

I spent last weekend in Mountain View and was hoping to attend this event but the planets just wouldn't align.  One of these days I'll make it to a south central event.  You folks have a great riding area. Hope everyone had a great time.
Jeff

Great riding, great people, great time! I only got a few pics with my phone, but will get the party started. I saw lots of cameras, so hopefully there will be more coming.

Enjoy!

Attachments

• c14s.jpg
    c14s.jpg
    144.3 KB · Views: 119
  • calicorock.jpg
    calicorock.jpg
    130.8 KB · Views: 118
  • fronts.jpg
    fronts.jpg
    105.1 KB · Views: 120
  • sunset.jpg
    sunset.jpg
    161.4 KB · Views: 118
Got home about 2  this afternoon.  Enjoyed the socializing and riding this weekend with everyone.  Try to get some picture's up tomorrow.
J

Glad everyone is making it home safe & sound. I did too, but it was a long tuff trip (ha ha). Enjoyed seeing some old faces & meeting some new ones.
Necronn99, I hope I passed my tour guide certification test. That old junk in that building looks familiar also.

Cliff  :beerchug:

That old junk...  LOL  You have nice collection.  Of course Jimmie's gas pump is the nicest.  LOL

Your tour guide skills are improving now that you know about the parts of Arkansas outside the white lines.  ;)  But thanks for showing me the way and helping me use some rubber I don't normally use.

Hope Jimmie had a good time at the race for the cure... my wife did that down here in Dallas.

I made it home last night, been playing catch up all day today...

I had an awesome time seeing every one again, and meeting some new folks, too! The weather was outstanding, and the whole weekend was just great!

Just got home. Had a great ride. Will post a link to photos after I've had some time to recover.

I've been going to Arkansas in the Fall for about 15 years now, and I think this is the best color I've ever seen in the trees. Hwy 16 was like riding through a fireworks display.

ARATA said:
Saw Connies all day!

We passed one on the pig trail this morning.

Saw two having lunch in Oark.

Saw them again later.

Saw Jeremy with a plus one this afternoon.
(Recognized the bike)

Someone also came by the Swiss Holiday early this morning.

I saw all the ZRXoa guys at the Swiss, late thursday afternoon.  We stayed at Carolyn's just down the street.  Friday was a great day to ride.  I saw several C14's and C10's and we talked to couple of guys up from Dallas that were in town to meet up with Fred's group.  Had a great lunch at the Cliff House and headed back home after that.  The fall colors were awesome, just makes me want to get down to Arkansas more than three or four times a year.  ;D