• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

October Arkansas ride

rbentdude

I have posted the Arkansas Regional Jack's Resort ride. This is otherwise known as Fred's Birthday Ride.
Here is the web site and phone number for Jacks.

http://jacksresort.com/

Phone: 870-585-2211
Date is:October 17- 19, 2014.

Last year with a lot of help we had Grilled hamburgers and hot dogs.
Anybody have a suggestion for something else  ;D

I'm not sure about this for myself this year (again).  I'm trying to get a new office opened up and this could conflict with move in times.  But I'm crossing my fingers.

I have it on calendar, but work conflicts are making it a last minute decision. Trade Shows every week for the next 6 weeks and my family would like to see me every once in awhile.

Just got back from a ride to visit my dad in HSV.
Coming home, took 7 to 16 to 21.
What an incredible combination of roads!
Had a great time.....but then had to cross Kansas.....

;) Yes there are so many good roads in central/northwestern Arkansas that it is hard to pick one. Farty Marty and I came back a week ago from Spearfish SD through South Dakota, Nebraska, Kansas, Oklahoma, Texas so I know what you are talking about. Are you going to make Jack's Resort?

Very unlikely - I'm back enjoying the roads of Colorado.
Arkansas is nice to visit - but it's great to be home.

GSRedmond said:
Are there any folks leaving out of Dallas on the 17th for this event?

--Greg

Greg,

I live in the Dallas area. I haven't made reservations at Jack's yet, but I'm planning on riding up that Friday morning. Let me know if you're interested in doing that and we'll have at least two. Hopefully more will join us! I just registered for the event a few minutes ago. I'll call Jack's tomorrow for reservations.

Great Jim, I look forward to us meeting up and getting to ride together. I hope that others leaving the Dallas area will want to join us. I'm planing on leaving the North Dallas area around 8am on Friday. We can come up with a met up place next week. Thanks...

--Greg

All,

Bigfoot_16 and I will be leaving the Dallas area first thing Friday morning. Are there any others wanting to ride up with up? Let me know so that we can get this coordinated. Thanks...

--Greg

:motonoises: All I have talked to the folks at Jack's Resort today and they do have some firewood for us this year. Last year if you remember it was difficult to round up some wood. I think Cliff managed to finally get some for the bonfire. Saturday night about 6:00 we will have a hamburger/hotdog on the grill cookout compliments of Cog. I hope Ronnie will volunteer to make a run into town to get the food again. I felt bad last year because I think we cut short his riding time. For the new folks there is a good restaurant on site for Friday night or you can get food in town which is about 5 miles. I look forward to seeing everyone.

Ted:
Just sneak out when no one is looking! Tell them the Rev Rider made you  do it. >:D
By the way Fred is back home in Ft Worth.

Wish I could.
This new knee still won't bend enough to allow me to ride any distance,,, and it is awful weak to hold up a Connie..

But I'm getting closer!!
NOTE: I tried a test ride last week.
Did ok (other then burning a bit of skin off on a hot exhaust pipe).
AND THEN,,,, the wife found out I had rode the bike.
I now limp on BOTH legs!!!  :truce: :truce:

Ride safe, Ted

I enjoyed the meet and had a good ride back home to Tennessee and hope to do this again next year. Does anyone know did George get back home OK yesterday?

If the George you are speaking of is he of unwashed blue FJR fame, then said he was going to ride all the way home on Sunday.  As he is emailing this morning, I would think he made it.  Randy C. handed Jim off to Jim's wife on his way home.  Said J. was pretty sore and I can certainly believe it.

Wow.......did Jim go down up in AR?  Randy brought Pamela and I home after hitting the deer in 2009 so he is "salt of the earth".

Craig

My apologies, I meant Jim but for whatever the reason was thinking of George. None the less we met just briefly and hope everything will be ok

spadge2020 said:
If the George you are speaking of is he of unwashed blue FJR fame, then ......

I've heard he is generally thought of as unwashed!!
And he hardly ever breaks cover.

Looks like a great trip. We will be in Mountain View on Oct 29 - Nov 2 hoping we get to se some colors. Ride safe