• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

October Blue Ridge Parkway Trip

bobbycdefg

I'm heading back up to the BRP on Oct 10th - 12th. I had such a good time at the Winding Rivers and Roads Rally that I decided to take my wife back up with me. We're going to make the trip 2 up. We're heading out of Warner Robins, GA Friday morning and making a leisurely trip out of getting there. I liked the Iron Horse Motorcycle Lodge in Stecoah so much during the rally I wanted my wife to get a chance to experience the place. I'm sure she's going to love it. Hopefully we'll get to see lots of turning leaves. I read that the trees usually start turning their colors around the 5th of October. The views are breathtaking on the BRP as it is but I've never been up there during the late fall to see the changing of the colors. It should be a awesome. Gonna try to hit most of the major roads while we're there (Dragon, Cherahola, BRP). If any of you happen to be in the area over the weekend, stop by and say hello. We'll be in one of the rooms downstairs in the Lonestar Cabin. Of course, we probably won't be there in the daytime...gotta ride. The 96th Annual Cherokee Festival is also happening that weekend so we'll probably stop by to see what's happening there in Cherokee. So much to do, so little time. Can't take too much riding time away to go to a festival when there are so many twisty roads to carve. Hopefully we won't have any rain over the weekend. Ride Safe, Bobby

Take care while you're up there, the changing of the leaves lures people from far and near to the BRP, especially bikers. Traffic might be heavy and most people will be gasping at the views rather than gazing at the road.

Leaves should be getting there but (unless there's a cold snap)a little below their peak. Pisgah Inn would be a good place for lunch :). Be VERY wary of the cagers as there are likely to be quite a few (even with the high fuel prices :(. Iron Horse may have vacancy issues so call and make reservations. Have a great trip. Wish I could accompany you.