• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Oil change after lowering C10

Lower the garage floor the same amount and you should be OK. šŸ˜‰

Other than snide remarks (which I just could not resist, sorry) I'll have to defer to those with lowered bikes for a real answer. The only thing I can think of right now is that it's best to put it on the center stand for the oil change so that it drains better, (I assume you know to remove BOTH drain plugs) but you may find center-standing it really hard or impossible once you lower it.

Reason I was asking was I plan on getting C Stand cut down so that its same effort to put it up on the stand after lowering. So with bike lowered and cstand cut down same amount has anyone had experience with how this affected oil changes and if so what was needed to DIY. "Snide" must be a liberal arts major. I prefer the term bullsh*t comments. But thanks for the help.

After the bike is on the center stand, get someone to help you raise the bike.
ie; {With bike on CS} Lean the bike to one side, and have them place a piece of 2 x 6 under one side of the stand.
Then lean it the other way, and have them place a piece of 2 x 6 under the other side.
This will help with the oil changes.

After your done, reverse the process...

Ride safe, Ted

I think the issue maybe finding a drain pan low enough to get the drain bolts out and filter while the drain pan is underneath. My drain pan is about 4 inches tall and I think I have to move the pan around to work on the bolts and filter. I have done the back and forth tipping of the sidestand legs on 2 bys will probably work. Make sure to strap the C stand to the front rim to stop it possibly from folding up while you are working on the bike.