• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Oil pan damaged

Pr356

Okay, I almost feel like I belong in CDA. I was loading my c14 (2008) onto a uhaul trailer for my big move to an area of the country that has much better roads to ride than Nebraska. Unfortunately I caught the drain plug and damaged the oil pan. Ugh..grr! Yep, I relived it a thousand times as to what I did wrong. But unfortunately can't go back, only forward. So my question is for anyone that has done an oil pan swap. What is the process? It looks like I will have to remove some plastic and probably the stock header and possibly the radiator. Anyone that has been through this and can give some good mechanical advice, I would appreciate it.
TIA

Dale

Just un bolt the radiator and lean it forward, with the fender covered with a towel. Remove the header, then swap the pan.
Make sure you replace the exhaust gaskets, and the cam sensor Oring while your are there!

Just un bolt the radiator and lean it forward, with the fender covered with a towel. Remove the header, then swap the pan.
Make sure you replace the exhaust gaskets, and the cam sensor Oring while your are there!
Thank you!