• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Oil quantity

fournations

So I changed oil and filter on center stand. I put 4qts and 18 oz oil back in. Site window showed to top hash mark. Now after a ride it’s showing to top of window site above hash mark? Should I take oil out? Jim

SORRY THIS INFO WAS FOR THE C10 NOT FOR THE C14.
IGNORE

Way too much. Did you drain from both drain bolts? Window is unreliable.

3.0l with filter change
2.7l without filter change

Last edited:
Oh sorry! I was thinking about the C10. My mistake. I do not know the quantity for the C14.

This new forum contrast and layout confuses me!

I experience the exact same thing whenever I change the oil, no idea why. But, I drain, change the filter, fill to top hash mark, start the bike and let it run a couple minutes, then shut it off. After a few minutes I add oil to just below the top hash mark and figure I'm golden. Low and behold, the next day I check it and it's at the very top of the sight glass, and stays there until I change the oil again... As long as I can start to tip the bike to the left and see that the oil level is just at the top of the glass, I haven't worried about it.

Why not just add the recommended amount and forget it. Many of my other bikes' sight glasses were often off.
Concur. For c-10, with both drain plugs drained and filter replaced, add 3 liters or 3.2 quarts of oil and forget about what shows in the sight glass.