• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Old guy from CA happily joins the COG

rick67ca

Hello, I am retired and have been riding motorcycles since the 50s. I just purchased a 2008 14 and look forward to riding and working on the bike. I appreciate all of the information available here and have already learned a lot about these great machines. Regards to all.

:welcome: to COG and your new-to-you bike!  :great:

Yes, there is a wealth of information here and great folks here to help, if/as needed.

:welcome: Hi There! I own an 08 also! I am the Area Director for the Southwest and look forward to meeting you sometime soon! I live in the Southern California area. Where in California do you ride and live? Hopefully you will upgrade and become a full COG member in the near future. We have a couple of Meet and Greets we hope to have later in the year too. See you soon! If you have any questions do not hesitate to ask. We have many members that are eager to help! Enjoy your Concours!  :)

:motonoises:  :motonoises:  :great:

Welcome! Lots of good people here in So Cal to ride with- contact Rusty for regular spur of the moment rides- good stuff!

Welcome rick.... did u really join COG (concours owners group) or just the cog forum.  U can join  the forum, which is what ur avatar say (ur a forum subscriber) but theres so much more available when you contribute $37/yr. Beautiful magazine and access to much much more. 

Rick67ca said:
Hello, I am retired and have been riding motorcycles since the 50s. I just purchased a 2008 14 and look forward to riding and working on the bike. I appreciate all of the information available here and have already learned a lot about these great machines. Regards to all.

Hi Rick,

Welcome, I'm in So Cal as well. What town are you in?

Jon

ursharkfuel said:
Rick67ca said:

Hi Rick,

Jon

Hi Jon, I live in Trabuco Canyon and our AAD Jeff lives in Adelanto..very near! Need to get together for a ride! We have many riders here in Southern California!  Hopefully with Eric too!!

Rusty said:
ursharkfuel said:
Rick67ca said:

Hi Rick,

Jon

Hi Jon, I live in Trabuco Canyon and our AAD Jeff lives in Adelanto..very near! Need to get together for a ride! We have many riders here in Southern California!  Hopefully with Eric too!!

That sounds like a good plan!!

Jon