• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

On a scale of 1-10, how "CUSTOM" is your concours?

dboogie2288

So folks have been asking me if I am going to sell the connie with the addition of the wing to my stable. I think I've decide that the answer is unquestionably, no. I say that for a few reasons.

First, the concours is a PERFECT bike for me. That said, it's kind of lacking on the technical stuff, no fuel injection, old school suspension, small brakes....but when I get out and ride her, I have not a care in the world.

I also say 'no' because the value is in the toilet right now. I paid 5000ish for it in 2013 and have since modded it quite a bit. Now, I'm seeing 2006 models going for 2600-3000 bucks. Just not worth it to take the hit. For 3k, I'll keep it another 10 years and enjoy it.

Last, and more related to the topic of this thread, I have "Customized" it over the last few years into a beast I know, and want. I've got the lights I want, I've got the luggage I want, everything is where it should be, FOR ME. And I love that about the concours. Over the spring I installed some cheap, but functional, lights underneath my givi case. I'm sure people are like whaaaat is that!?! But the intent is that they are load lights/setup lights for going camping. If I pull into a camp site after dark, I can back the connie in, adjust the aiming of the lights, put her in park, and set up camp and get a fire started, all fully lit.

So I'm curious to see how many coggers out there just ride it stock, versus getting their hand in and making it their own. 

I bought my '94 new in 1994 and have been making it my own for 22 yrs. Finishing touch has been SiSF's Torque cams and Steve's carb spa. My C 10 is damn near perfect!! :)  Much better than new!!  :great:

Chuck has to be a 10 because he's got his all turbo'd up and such.  I guess mine is about a 7?

I have:
ZRX1100 front end for 17 inch wheel and 6 piston brakes
ZRX Fork Brace
ZRX bars with 1.5 inch risers
meanstreak rear
ZZR1200 rear shock
pair valves blocked
Mufflers punched out
heated grips
Grip puppies
aftermarket windshield
Steve's cams
2 minute mod
carbs overhaul by Steve with overflow tubes
Relocated the overflow tank
back-off led brake lights added
reflective stickers on the bags
Givi top case
GPS and Camera Ram Ball Mounts on Dash

Hmmm, I am assuming the scale is based on the bike still being recognizable as a C-10 - i.e. body work, etc, and not some naked café racer.  Based on that, I would rate mine a 4.5?

LED Headlight
Clearview Screen
Bar Risers
Throttlemeister (have a cruise waiting to install)
Murphs Grips
Murphs Kneesavers
Galfer Brake lines
KB Fork Brace
Steve's carbs inc. 2MM
Steve's advanced exhaust cam sprocket
Steve's 7th gear unit

Oh, yeah, forgot the Spoofak, and block-off plates.  Guess I am closer to a "5".

I'd say 3; the only mods are the Cee Bailey windshield, blind spot mirrors, foam grips, LED tail/stop lamps with programmable flasher, and an extra LED brake lamp to replace the reflector on the rear fender. Also upgraded the rear brake pads to HH.

Future mods include replacing all the reflectors with LED lamps, and driving lights on the forks, if I can configure a clean install.

I'm going to go with an 8.5 on my 02 Silverbullet. I have pretty much modded anything that I didn't like and invented a few things that they don't make.

4 into 1 custom exhaust
SISF 7th gear unit
SISF torque cams
2 min mod carb upgrade
custom adjustable air box intake
SPOOFAK oil filter adaptor
Stick coils
Hand made recessed block off plates
Radial caliper front brakes off of a ZX-10
Rear brake from a Vulcan 900
Aluminum brake stay arm from ZX-12
ZZR-1200 rear shock
7/8" handlebar conversion with risers
Sirius satellite radio with helmet speakers
Targa windshield with adjustable air vent
Bill Mayer custom seat
KB fork brace
Norm Sourcy lowering link
And about a dozen handmade brackets to bolt all this stuff on. 

Here's my mod list, and a pic below showing that mine is truly "CUSTOM", it says so right on the front.

Fenda Extenda
Fairing side marker lights tied to turn signals (now LED's)
Rear mounted helmet locks
Fuel gage adjuster variable resistor
Rifle windshield
Cee Bailey headlight guard
TARGA tank bra
Givi E460N Trunk Box with light kit & top rack
Gen-Mar handle bar risers
Gen-Mar peg lowering kit
CycleGadgets.com 3-M reflective tape on luggage
Aux fuse panel on right side battery box (Blue Sea Marine)
CoMagination brake light modulator
"STOPPER" LED license plate frame light
Extra rear running lights (LED) (home-made)
Extra rear running lights in Givi trunk center strip (LED)
Electrical Connection auxiliary driving light kit
Pingel manual fuel valve conversion kit
FIAMM Freeway Blaster 132-db horns (HI-LO pair)
Personalized license plate
Rock Blocker oil cooler shield (home-made)
Bergmen/Murph's Spin-On Oil Filter Adapter Kit (SPOOFAK)
Bergmen/Murph's quick-release fuel tank bolts
Bergmen/Murph's mirror-mount switch bracket (left side only)
Murph's tip-over bars (front only)
Murph's/Gizmomill LED taillight
Murph's K-B fork brace
Murph's stainless steel Allen-head screw kit
Murph's side cover knobs
Side marker / turn signal lights to saddlebags (LED)
Throttlemeister
HotGrips
Highway pegs
APE manual cam chain tensioner
KMW roundels
SISF's "7th gear" mod (23/15 bevel gears)
SISF's exhaust cam re-drilled sprocket mod
SISF's intake cam retiming mod
SISF's 2-minute mod
Carburetor drain tubes
"Secure side bags mod" (internal security bolts)
"CUSTOM" fairing badge

Attachments

• faceviewemail.JPG
    faceviewemail.JPG
    74.5 KB · Views: 179
I bought a high mileage 1987 that I think is stock but old and I had dreams of making a mint - stock bike. When I was young and had to drive rusty old cars I admired those mint old restorations.
  Unfortunately the bike has taken a beating and I had trouble with old brake disks being too uneven to ride with confidence so I'm wandering away from the stock ambition.  I'm going to say it's a 1 for aftermarket front disks, a tall boy seat, and now a Givi trunk.  Soon it will have some Jeep silver painted parts.  It has a COG name tag in the little window on the side.  It also has dings, scratches, and reinforcements that aren't stock.

Maybe 7-7.75

Fenda extender
headlight shield
Rifle windshield
COG master cylinder covers
GenMar bar risers
GenMar peg lowers
SiSF handle bar adapter(one of only three made, I "think")
Yamaha ATV handlebar
Dual Star grip heat
Murphs' grips
cigarette lighter outlets x 2
SAE power outlet
waterproof GPS holder
Audiovox cruise control
battery meter, Kuryakyn
90% window tint on above
gas cap hold down screw removed
Original Throttle Rocker I
tank bra
stainless braided brake lines
Russel Day Long, modified
Jim Snyder arm rests
Skip Holton tip over bars with cheap Walmart spray paint(there is a story there)
highway peg brackets welded onto T/O bars
highway pegs
driving lights hi beam
driving lights low beam
relay for automatic switching of aux lights
LED headlight
home made headlight aux harness(made before Murphs' carried it)
trailer hitch
bobbed rear fender
tall back rest
fuel filter
2 minute mod
overflow tubes
SiSF torque cams
aux power fuse box
Fiamm Freeway Blaster horns
Ma Kaw luggage rack
three temp heated vest wiring for home made heated vest utilizing four conductor telephone cord
Tail Brites
Murphs' thumb screws
Murphs' fairing screw kit
fuel gauge sender arm adjusted
Bergman/Murphs cruise controller mount
IBA license tag frame
license tag light replaced with clear window in bottom of tail light lens
food warmer, mounted in fairing cavity
home made alternator chain tensioner travel limiter

edit to add Brian's heat shields

= 50 52 mods. I might of missed a couple. I did, hence the modify to the post. Could be another or two that creap in to my highly functional retired brain.

This bike fits me, perfectly.

:beerchug:

SteveJ. said:
Maybe 7-8.5

Fenda extender
headlight shield
Rifle windshield
GenMar bar risers
GenMar peg lowers
Yamaha ATV handlebar
Dual Star grip heat
Murphs' grips
SAE power outlet
waterproof GPS holder
Audiovox cruise control
battery meter, Kuryakyn
90% window tint on above
tank bra
Jim Snyder arm rests
Skip Holton tip over bars with cheap Walmart spray paint(there is a story there)
highway pegs
driving lights hi beam
driving lights low beam
LED headlight
trailer hitch
bobbed rear fender
tall back rest
fuel filter
2 minute mod
overflow tubes
SiSF torque cams
aux power fuse box
Ma Kaw luggage rack
three temp heated vest wiring for home made heated vest utilizing four conductor telephone cord
Tail Brites
Murphs' thumb screws
IBA license tag frame

= 50 mods. I might of missed a couple.

So, 50 mods (at least) and NOT a 10???

Steve J. --I'm curious about the food warmer. Is that a real thing or just a statement about how hot our bikes get?  Pictures??

MichiGlenn said:
Steve J. --I'm curious about the food warmer. Is that a real thing or just a statement about how hot our bikes get?  Pictures??
It's a strap protector(think freight strapped to a flatbed trailer). It's a 90* piece of plastic with slots in it for a strap. I riveted it to the inside bottom of left side fairing. It keeps stuff from sliding out as it heats. It works quite well.

GKreamer said:
SteveJ. said:
Maybe 7-8.5

Fenda extender
headlight shield
Rifle windshield
GenMar bar risers
GenMar peg lowers
Yamaha ATV handlebar
Dual Star grip heat
Murphs' grips
SAE power outlet
waterproof GPS holder
Audiovox cruise control
battery meter, Kuryakyn
90% window tint on above
tank bra
Jim Snyder arm rests
highway pegs
driving lights hi beam
driving lights low beam
LED headlight
trailer hitch
bobbed rear fender
tall back rest
fuel filter
2 minute mod
overflow tubes
SiSF torque cams
aux power fuse box
Ma Kaw luggage rack
Tail Brites
Murphs' thumb screws
IBA license tag frame

= 50 mods. I might of missed a couple.

So, 50 mods (at least) and NOT a 10???
No suspension, brake mods, stock wheels, stock engine except for torque cams.

Jim Snyder said:
SteveJ. said:
Jim Snyder arm rests

WOW, I had forgotten about those. There are about a half dozen sets of those out there so you are in an exclusive club. He-He.
Wifey loves 'em and the swing out deal is cool.

This bike has your arm rests and a SiSF handlebar adapter, which I believe only three were made.

I wasn't going to chime in because I can't recall everything that Steve did to Shoodaben. He lists it on his website.

Let's just say that about the only thing I can do is change the oil (and the throttle cables!) without consulting him because of how extensive the mods are. I wouldn't know if I need to get stock parts, something off a different model, or find a machine shop. :)

Since I've taken over Shoodaben's care and feeding, I've done a couple of other things. Nothing extensive yet. I've focused mostly on ergos for a taller rider and improving conspicuity.

* Replaced the HID headlight with an LED (but kept the conventional spare under the seat!)

* Corbin seat for solo riding with 3D air mesh cover

* Russell seat for two-up riding

* Reflective tape on the panniers

* LED instrument lights

* 26.5" Cee Bailey instead of the 24.5" Steve had. I'm planning for a DIY shorty screen for around town in the summer.

* BulletHD Biker Pro camera

* Side lights from Murph's to replace the side reflectors on the fairing are about to be added, but I want to do some reorganization of the accessory wiring at the same time so that's not going to happen until next month sometime

* I have one of Larry Buck's accessory shelves, but I haven't decided yet if I'm going to mount it.

I'm thinking it's an 8 or 9 since there's no EFI or turbo.

Front to back on my '89 C10;
Nissin 4 piston brake calipers
Fenda-Extenda
LED running lights
HID headlight
LED spotlights
Rifle base + home made screen
2" Bar risers
Throttlemeister
Oxford heated grips
Tank bra
Rebuilt motor from an '86 with a 98 camchain tensioner and a modified alternator chain tensioner.
Russell saddle
ZZR1200 shock
Delkevic mufflers
Home made cast ally rack
Non-Fango trunk fitted with homemade LED array brake lights
Rattle can respray in green still being finished off.

I guess it's an 8 or thereabouts.

sorry, gotta step in here... enough guys saying thier bike is an "8" so there's no way the 1109 cc engine, or a zgrx bike, is gonna only get an "8". Steve

Steve in Sunny Fla said:
sorry, gotta step in here... enough guys saying thier bike is an "8" so there's no way the 1109 cc engine, or a zgrx bike, is gonna only get an "8". Steve
Ouch. I think I just got slapped across the face by a pair of riding gloves.

OK. Shoodaben is more than an 8. Considering that my wife is jealous of the smile behind my helmet when I'm riding, it's obvious Shoodaben is an 11 in my mind.

Swampcat said:
OK. Shoodaben is more than an 8. Considering that my wife is jealous of the smile behind my helmet when I'm riding, it's obvious Shoodaben is an 11 in my mind.

See there Ed, don't you feel better now  ;)

Here's the truth in how I feel about this. I have been a judge in a couple COG bike shows, but I would be the same in any bike show, car show, etc. I like to see the work the owner has done. Not what he's bought, or what he's paid someone to do, I like to see his own talent at work. At this years National, I voted for Rev Rider's turbo bike to be the best engineered c-10. The level of mechanical prowess captured in that bike CLEARLY demonstrated it's superiority over any other c-10. Shoodaben was right next to it, and even if I still owned Shoodaben, so that it was a comparison of what 2 owner/builders could do, I STILL would have voted for Rev's turbo bike. It clearly took more mechanical knowledge and work to achieve that level, and it must be recognized for the artwork that it is. With that in mind, you can understand why I wouldn't recognize a bike with purchased bolt ons as competitive against workmanship by the bike's owner.

I was confronted head on with this at the 2014 National. The 2 top bikes in best engineered were Jim Snyder's bike and Ken McClurg's bike. Now Ken's bike was "more built" in fact, I built and installed the 1052cc engine in the bike. Yet I voted for Jim's bike. Why? Because there was a decent number of nicely done modifications that Jim did on his own. His workmanship was clean, uncluttered and well thought out. IMO, it demonstrated a superior mechanical approach by the owner. That bike was the unanimous winner with all the judges (who, BTW told me my vote didn't matter BEFORE I even voted) and it was the correct choice.

So with the aforementioned in mind, as of now, and probably forever, REV RIDER'S turbo bike will be the "10" and all others will be judged downward, accordingly. I'm thinking Shoodaben and Dan Bergmen's original ZGRX would be 9's. I base this on the level of owner modification and the professionalism displayed in the builds. In my mind, either bike displays enough original modifications that they are effectively tied when subjectively compared. I think a CLEAN turbo / efi build on a stock engine would be in this comparative area too. So all others are scaled downward from there.

Yeah... over the years I have given this stuff some serious consideration. You may or may not agree... but you better have a top level bike that exhibits very clean, unique and functional engineering you did if you want your call your bike an "8" or better. JMO, Steve

Jeez you guys. Thanks for all the nice comments about my bike, but methinks you are too generous.  Not to try and demote any one else's machine, mine cannot be a ten.  If it is, then there's no where to go but down and we ain't done yet.  I'd be proud to be tied with Shoodabeen or Jim's bike.  This year mine got the nod.

Steve graciousness for my bike this year for the reasons he mentioned.  He's that away ya know.  Turbomax's bike should be around soon. Maybe next year.  I'll bet it makes some reckless power too. 

If it weren't for folks like Steve and  Ted and Jeff  (and even WillyP) I may never have gotten mine done. It was the continuous encouragement, badgering, and ribbing that gave me the drive to get there. 

So,if we continue in encourage and support others who are building up and farkling out, we'll all be helping put together the next year's winner.  :great:

thanks Rev, but you're wrong.  :nananana: It's not just that your bike ie EFI'd. It's not just that it's turbo'd. it's that it's efi',d turbo'd and blowing into a zzr1200 engine. Sure you picked up stuff from others before you(Bergmen, for one)... But then blazed a whole 'nuther trail. and the zx14 front end... I think that's fully unique, too. Plus you're the only one to do thier own custom paint.  I'm not dissing anyone else's work, but I think Jim, Dan, myself or any other guys with true hotrod blood in our veins would clearly give your bike the nod. And just because someone comes along and copies it doesn't tie it. it's not just the HP it puts down it's the original thinking that got it built in the first place. Jeff is my buddy and a very skilled mechanic in his own right,  but he's got his work cut out for him to exceed a "9" status. That in mind, don't see your bike ever being removed from "10" status. So that's how it is, and that's how it stays, because I said so  ::) :rotflmao: :beerchug:  Steve

Very pleased to read the ZGRX may be considered a '9'
Love it!  :motonoises:

Steve in Sunny Fla said:
<snip>
I'm thinking Shoodaben and Dan Bergmen's original ZGRX would be 9's.
<snip>

Steve in Sunny Fla said:
Swampcat said:

See there Ed, don't you feel better now  ;)
Absolutely. :)
Steve in Sunny Fla said:
I like to see the work the owner has done. Not what he's bought, or what he's paid someone to do, I like to see his own talent at work. At this years National, I voted for Rev Rider's turbo bike to be the best engineered c-10. The level of mechanical prowess captured in that bike CLEARLY demonstrated it's superiority over any other c-10. Shoodaben was right next to it, and even if I still owned Shoodaben, so that it was a comparison of what 2 owner/builders could do, I STILL would have voted for Rev's turbo bike.

Steve, you've heard me say this, but for the others who haven't...I am in 100% agreement with you. Shoodaben is an amazing example of your expertise as an engineer and a mechanic and I am only the beneficiary of many hundreds (thousands?) of hours of your work and your financial investment.

In my opinion, "best engineered" implies owner-engineered modifications. I came to the National having already stated I had no intention of entering Shoodaben in the show. I was talking to Fais at Murph's ice cream social, and he said that I should put the bike in the show because some people hadn't seen Shoodaben before. Those who had would like to know that the bike is being ridden and the new owner is an active COG member. Since I wasn't staying at the Helendorf or the campground, that limited the opportunities for showing the bike off where a lot of COGgers were gathered, so I decided he had a good point.

Had I voted, it would have been for Rev's bike, no question. I think I even told a few people that. And now that I don't have to get a shirt made for the next National that says "You don't know me, but you know my bike," Shoodaben's show days are over unless I significantly transform her into something else. That's unlikely because, as I think everyone can tell, I'm very happy with what I have.

Steve in Sunny Fla said:

True dat. I stepped mine down to a 7.75.  ;) :beerchug:

Steve in Sunny Fla said:
thanks Rev, but you're wrong.  :nananana: It's not just that your bike ie EFI'd. It's not just that it's turbo'd. it's that it's efi',d turbo'd and blowing into a zzr1200 engine. Sure you picked up stuff from others before you(Bergmen, for one)... But then blazed a whole 'nuther trail. and the zx14 front end... I think that's fully unique, too. Plus you're the only one to do thier own custom paint.  I'm not dissing anyone else's work, but I think Jim, Dan, myself or any other guys with true hotrod blood in our veins would clearly give your bike the nod. And just because someone comes along and copies it doesn't tie it. it's not just the HP it puts down it's the original thinking that got it built in the first place. Jeff is my buddy and a very skilled mechanic in his own right,  but he's got his work cut out for him to exceed a "9" status. That in mind, don't see your bike ever being removed from "10" status. So that's how it is, and that's how it stays, because I said so  ::) :rotflmao: :beerchug:  Steve

:rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Well, after reading your post, I'm going back and raising my bike from a 2 to a 3.89 simply because of the year I did the mods, the fact nobody really did one like it, before or after, to the same level, the fact I did ALL my work, including paint, and it was not just a "farkled" bike, being called "customized"..

So there.... nyahhhhh.....  :nananana: :nananana: :nananana: :rotflmao:

MAN OF BLUES said:
Well, after reading your post, I'm going back and raising my bike from a 2 to a 3.89 simply because of the year I did the mods, the fact nobody really did one like it, before or after, to the same level, the fact I did ALL my work, including paint, and it was not just a "farkled" bike, being called "customized"..

plus, you get extra points for the "personality" portion of the contest  :-\ :-\ :-\    :nananana: :nananana: Steve

Steve in Sunny Fla said:
MAN OF BLUES said:

plus, you get extra points for the "personality" portion of the contest  :-\ :-\ :-\    :nananana: :nananana: Steve

sooooo how many points? considering my personality, maybe 0.10?  wooo hoooooo
that bumps me up to 3.99.... wooo hooo i'm happy now... :rotflmao: :1rij: :13:

MAN OF BLUES said:
sooooo how many points? considering my personality, maybe 0.10?  wooo hoooooo
that bumps me up to 3.99.... wooo hooo i'm happy now... :rotflmao: :1rij: :13:

That's probably about right. Actually the bike is about what, an 8, then add in personality points = 3.99  :nananana: >:D ;)  Steve

Steve in Sunny Fla said:
turbo-max said:
:truce: mine is a big fat ZERO!!!

Temporarily. Once it runs it will jump up the scale in a hurry!  :beerchug: :beerchug:  Steve

it runs now, just need time to chase oil leaks and re-cartridge the turbo, then continue with tuning

It would be a lot easier to list what I didn't modify when building the ZGRX, and these would be:

1) The upper fairing.
2) The radiator.
3) The seat.
4) The frame.
5) The swingarm.
6) The rear shock.
7) The rear drive housing.

Everything else was replaced or at least "Bergmenized" or "Shoodabenized".

Dan

Bergmen said:
It would be a lot easier to list what I didn't modify when building the ZGRX, and these would be:

1) The upper fairing.
2) The radiator.
3) The seat.
4) The frame.
5) The swingarm.
6) The rear shock.
7) The rear drive housing.

Everything else was replaced or at least "Bergmenized" or "Shoodabenized".

Dan

"Everything but the data plate."

Some years back when I was overhauling fuel and oil pumps for Air Force jet engines, now and then I would get one so whacked out I had to replace everything but the data plate.  Literally.  However......a new data plate was part of the process, so............

I've made a few mods:

Engine/ performance

1052 big bore "kit"
Steve's power cams
Steve's carb rejetting for power cams including "2 minute mod"
Coil over plug (stick coil) conversion
K & N air filter
Delkevic mufflers with custom connector pipes (installed before Delkevic made a kit for the C10)
Block-off plates
TeeCro shifter mod
Relocated coolant tank

Tires/ Suspension

Mid 90's ZX9 front end with RaceTech valving
ZZR1200 shock
Mean Streak rear wheel
Mean Streak rear rotor with custom caliper mount

Comfort

Rick Mayer seat
Rifle windshield
Tubular handle bars
Super mongo extra large bar ends
Foam grips
Cruise control
Knee saver rider pegs
Custom lowered passenger footboards
Brian's heat shields

Cosmetic

Custom paint
Bobbed rear fender

Miscellaneous

Shad side bags
Custom trunk mount for Shad trunk

I probably missed a few things.  I've no idea where I rate compared to the luminaries here.  I wouldn't have the bike I do without them :beerchug:

About 37 that I can think of...  What's that, a 6.5?  (Heck... it's passing!)

Madstad windshield)
Murphs' grips
Murphs Bar Buzz less kit
marine cigarette lighter outlet (dash)
cigarette lighter outlet (left faring pocket)
Tomtom 400 Rider GPS
Audiovox cruise control
tech spec tank pads
Russel Day Long 2 up, leather
Rivco (murph's) tip over bars Front/Rear
highway peg brackets/pegs
Bikevis Bullet v2 LEDs (front)
ADVMoster 10w LED driving lights
XL Rear Case with custom padded backrest and custom LED brake/marker/interior lighting
Custom brackets for said rear case
2 minute mod
overflow tubes
SiSF exhaust cam sprocket
Murph's block off plates
Thermo-Bob T-Stat mod
aux power fuse box
Big bad max air horn
Bergman helmet lock brackets
Bergmen Engineering Fuel Tank Quick Release
license tag brake light
Turn signal conversion
Sonic 1.1 Springs
Gold valve emulators
Tokico 4 pot front calipers
SVRacings SV650 Caliper brackets
2012 C14 Rear shock
Rear shock lowering rocker
MOB's Kickstand extanda

Thanks to the reminder from Gary above, added Brian's heat shields.

On TDY with KLR  and Roadtrek in colorful Colorado.

You've got a sharp bike there Gary F. I really like the paint job, really nice scheme fur shur.

Dan

Mine's, like, a 2, but that's how I like it.  Steve's torque cams, custom carb jetting, and an aftermarket chain tensioner are probably the only major mechanical changes.  Other stuff is just maintenance or cosmetics.  But then, I like the look and feel of my fat Ninja, so I try to keep it the way it came.

Oh, yeah, I added Ninja stickers for +10 horsepower.

I'll go with 4.5 to 5.
Led headlight bulb
Brake!!! Led taillight
Tail brights.
Clear turn signal lenses front and rear with LED bulbs
Mean streak rear tire, rotor and caliper
465 progressive rear shock with lowering links
ZX14 front end with C14 handlebars
Heated grips
Local upholstery shop recontoured gel seat
Murphy aux fuse box

Maybe a 7.5?

2005 ZRX 1200 front end
ZRX fork brace
Pyramid Fenda Extenda
Spiegler  S/S braided brake and clutch lines (+2” front brake lines)
3” extended enrichener cable (spring 2015)
MOXI adjustable handlebars and 7/8” risers
Knockoff Pazzo adjustable levers
Murph’s grips with Grip Puppies
Audiovox CC100 electronic cruise control with vacuum canister
Stabil  air horn with Murph’s wiring harness (wired with stock horns)
VVME 55 Watt HID headlight kit with Murph’s wiring harness (plus new spare bulb, ballast
and wiring harness)
Gauge’s and clock bulbs replaced with LED’s (summer 2015)
Mid faring side reflectors replaced with clear, directional / running lights
Rear directional lens covers replaced with clear lenses and orange bulbs
Red LED rings around rear directional bulbs to work as, running / brake lights
Red LED strip ¼”x 4” mounted on rear fender below plate as brake light
Back Off / Wig-Wag module to flash main brake and alternate side brake lights
Brake light bulbs replaced with LED’s (summer 2015)
Tail bright’s on rear outside cover of bags (look black in day light)
10 W Cree LED auxiliary lights on Snarf’s brackets
Shark FM radio / amp and speakers kit with remote controls (new speakers summer 2015)
Cee Bailey 22.5” windshield with Goldwing adjustable vent
12 Volt outlet in left glove box
Keyed glove box knob’s (only work on covers and gas cap)
Gas cap modified to close without key
Gas cap ring bracket to hold phone holder
Gas gauge mod, adjustable resistor at fuel tank wiring
Gas tank sealed with KBS sealer
Tank bra, ½ cover
Murph’s side covers knob / screws
Murph’s black screw kit (faring, windshield and master cylinder covers)
Antler covers modified to go on with antlers installed
MCE canyon cages and rear guards
Helmet lock relocaters
Murph’s Knee Savers with Goldwing foot pegs
Meanstreak rear wheel with Nomad front brake disc
Modified front left caliper for rear brake (modified by Jim Snyder)
Speed bleeders for brakes and clutch
Rear shock from 09 ZG 1400
Rear suspension needle bearings replaced with self lubricating bronze bushings
Modified heavy duty shift linkage
ZX11 pistons in bored and decked cylinder block (7917 miles since build)
All new coolant hoses, o-rings, gaskets and rings during top end build
SISF’s power cams (modified 86 ZX1000R cams) and advanced EX cam sprocket
SISF’s custom jetting and overflow tubes in 86 ZX1000R 36mm carbs
S/S Hex screws on carb caps and bowls
SISF’s  7th gear mod
Modified adjustable air box opening
Block off plates
T Cro’s stick coils
Bergman Spin on oil filter kit (spofak)
Modified belly pan for oil changes without removal
Magnetic drain plugs for engine oil and rear drive lube

Someone's got to bring up the rear, here's the list of mods to my '88:

1.  Kawasaki backrest
2.  foam grips
3.  Fender extension

I really do enjoy the bike just the way it is.

Bob H said:
Someone's got to bring up the rear, here's the list of mods to my '88:

1.  Kawasaki backrest
2.  foam grips
3.  Fender extension

I really do enjoy the bike just the way it is.

LOL!!!  :beerchug:  I love it, simplicity!  When I bought my 2004 brand new, she got a post-purchase teardown and inspection for my peace of mind, and I'm pretty sure she got farkled more than yours just during reassembly.  ;D 

Then there's my 1989, which was tweaked tremendously by the PO, and a little more by me.  Some of the stuff is no longer available, which increases market value, I hear (!!)  ;)  Still probably only a 5 on the vague scale we're following here!

Rifle system, currently with short shield
Shad hard cases
HID headlamp, LEDs everywhere else
Murph's "disco-lights" taillight
Larry Buck light bar
Custom kydex dash insert
2nd gen C10 wheels & fork
C14 shock
Stick coils
Free power mod
SISF's 2MM
Petcock converted to manual
Probably more stuff that I'm forgetting....

Nosmo said:
Here's my mod list, and a pic below showing that mine is truly "CUSTOM", it says so right on the front.

Fenda Extenda
Fairing side marker lights tied to turn signals (now LED's)
Fuel gage adjuster variable resistor
Rifle windshield
TARGA tank bra
Givi E460N Trunk Box with light kit & top rack
Gen-Mar handle bar risers
Gen-Mar peg lowering kit
CycleGadgets.com 3-M reflective tape on luggage
CoMagination brake light modulator
"STOPPER" LED license plate frame light
Extra rear running lights in Givi trunk center strip (LED)
Electrical Connection auxiliary driving light kit
Pingel manual fuel valve conversion kit
Personalized license plate
Rock Blocker oil cooler shield (home-made)
Bergmen/Murph's quick-release fuel tank bolts
Bergmen/Murph's mirror-mount switch bracket (left side only)
Murph's tip-over bars (front only)
Murph's/Gizmomill LED taillight
Murph's K-B fork brace
Murph's side cover knobs
Side marker / turn signal lights to saddlebags (LED)
Throttlemeister
HotGrips
Highway pegs
APE manual cam chain tensioner
KMW roundels
SISF's "7th gear" mod (23/15 bevel gears)
SISF's exhaust cam re-drilled sprocket mod
SISF's intake cam retiming mod
SISF's 2-minute mod
Carburetor drain tubes
"Secure side bags mod" (internal security bolts)
"CUSTOM" fairing badge

You forgot the most important MOD..... the NRA sticker :great:

I think it's an automatic 4.5 iffin you installed the Audiovox CC, and got the wire loopy
thing on the throttle correctly....  :-[  ack.

Mcfly said:
I think it's an automatic 4.5 iffin you installed the Audiovox CC, and got the wire loopy
thing on the throttle correctly....  :-[  ack.
I'd give more credit than that for it.  :beerchug:  At least a 6.232

Let's see bought an 01 in 07.  Added 17" wheels all round, Rifle windshield, led bulbs, HID headlight, hand guards.  Not to mention it's the fastest color.........  :)

'03 Kawi Concours

Mine has to be a 20!  :nananana:

My husband = awesome!! 

Custom Windshield with Fire Creek Slides (I don't think anyone else but Bill and I have them installed).
17" Kawi Mean Streak Rear Wheel Mod
Fenda Extenda
Rifle windshield (Spare)
Givi Trunk Box
Bar Risers
Murph's peg lowering kit
Extra front running lights (LED) (home-made)
Murph's manual fuel valve conversion kit
Fork Brace
Murph's side cover knobs
Throttle Lock
Highway pegs
SISF's 2-minute mod
Complete Carb overhaul and tuning (before SISF was doing them; wish we could have sent them to him)
Home-made Secure side bags mod (our version)
Murph’s grips with Grip Puppies
Grip Heaters
Sheep Skin Seat Cover
LED Brake Light
4 Pot Front Brake Calipers
SS Brake Lines
Baker Wings
Winter Fairing Extenders
Modified Belly Pan with holes for ventilation/cooling
Progressive Rear Shock
In-Line Fuel Filter
Headlight wiring upgrade
Moonshine brake reservoir cover 2007
Leanin' Larry Clutch reservoir cover

Moonshine Lunch Run Sticker  (Earned it! 2006)

There is more, can't think of it now.......

Yeah, I'm spoiled.

Is Madelyn reading the latest issue of the Concourier in the background of picture number 1?.

Tom Taylor COG#7173

mr t said:
Is Madelyn reading the latest issue of the Concourier in the background of picture number 1?.

Tom Taylor COG#7173

No, she's got a Clymer's manual studying the wiring diagram.  (see my other post)  :))

Sport Rider said:
would this rate a 10???

What kind of gas mileage do you get with that beast? I towed my ~400lb camper back from chicago with my connie since my wing wasnt plated yet.......and i got like 20 mpg...and it has to have been LESS weight than you have added on here....

dboogie2288 said:
Sport Rider said:
would this rate a 10???

What kind of gas mileage do you get with that beast? I towed my ~400lb camper back from chicago with my connie since my wing wasnt plated yet.......and i got like 20 mpg...and it has to have been LESS weight than you have added on here....

I run about 32 with the sidecar.  if I get 30, I'll be happy.