• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

On the Ragged Edge!

I've seen some footage of that race before, but none like this. Wow, crazy, amazing, ballsy riders. I just can't imagine going that fast, let alone on a bike!

Where's my insta-flate safety bubble!?

Hi Jim Bob,
                  I saw an interview with the guy in the green suit that hits the wall at sec 00:37 in the clip and he was laying in the hospital of course and he said he was done with racing! You have to admire anyone with the cajones to run that race though! :great:

Here's another one that gets into the people involved! Very interesting race concept!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D09yD0MN4Vg

Hi,
    Nice vid, WAY out of my skill level. My 2012 C14 is still teaching me things! ;D

Attachments

• IMG_3162-682x1024.jpg
    IMG_3162-682x1024.jpg
    162.8 KB · Views: 131
Hi,
      Good inspiration! I don't think that boy knows what a "low slide" is!!! ;D

Attachments

• 52.jpg
    52.jpg
    38.6 KB · Views: 139
If you get a chance watch TT:3D Closer to the Edge, brilliant film!

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1698010/
http://youtu.be/QldZiR9eQ_0
MV5BMjI4NDcyMTc3NV5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwMzgyMjg3NA@@._V1__SX1537_SY723_.jpg

Hi,
      Thanks for the link! A lot better than what I posted! I can't get over these guys doing 100+ MPH on a CURVE doing a wheelie! :-[

Like to go over and see it for real!

Attachments

• rizzla-promo-girls.jpg
    rizzla-promo-girls.jpg
    274.8 KB · Views: 131
Hi,
      It seems to me that when these guys lose control it's because the suspension has gone way past it's limit to do it's job! Admittedly these guys are going WAY over the speed that the roads were designed for!

This is interesting as the motor,brakes,and suspension on these bikes are the best money can buy and still have "problems'! ;D

Attachments

• spaceout.gif
    spaceout.gif
    43 bytes · Views: 209
  • maxxis-babe.jpg
    maxxis-babe.jpg
    33.5 KB · Views: 125
For those interested, the Velocity Channel has provided IOMTT race coverage for the last 2 years. I didn't catch it in 2013, but this year they did a daily recap show all week long. Might be able to find re-runs of the episodes on YT or some streaming sources.

IOMTT is definitely one of my motorcycle racing bucket list items, along with visiting a MotoGP race. Although from what I hear, the reality of being there for the TT isn't as good as the dream-- really crowded, lots of traffic issues, and everything's really expensive.