• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

One of us has passed - BDF

Cap'n Bob

I had been told yesterday that we have lost one of our own. It's my understanding that Brian Felice has passed away yesterday morning. Brian, who rode a new (at the time) 2008 Concours14, was a member of the NE area of our little community and had participated on the forum under the forum name of BDF. It is my understanding that Brian had succumbed to an long illness. I am ashamed that I did not realize the situation. And I do not have the particulars. This is based on the limited information that another COG member communicated to me.
Brian and I were pretty close in a lot of regards. While also adversaries at times when it came to forum banter. When I had to give up riding a while back, I kind of lost touch with so many friends I met through COG. As such, I was too wrapped up in my own little world to make a phone call now and then. Now it's too late. My thoughts and prayers go out to Andrea and the family.

Last edited:
Spoke with Brian several times years ago, there's a Cruise install for the C14 on our knowledge base page he wrote. Very entertaining individual. Always sad to hear...

Never met Brian, but read a lot of what he posted on the forum. Smart guy he was. Rest in peace Brian.

Very saddened to hear this. My wife and I met Brian and Andrea during our road trip to New England back in 2012. I had mentioned on the forum we would be spending a night in Newport and Brian and Andrea rode over from their place in Coventry to have dinner with us. We even got to meet Kirby. We had a wonderful visit and it made the trip very special for us. Brian was one of the smartest and nicest guys I have ever met. Our condolences to Andrea. Rest In Peace Brian.

BrianAndreaandStacie.jpg

I'm at a total loss as to what to say...

He was a great friend, had a wealth of knowledge on many things including the C14 and will be sadly missed.
Our tech days wouldn't have been the same without his knowledge and helping prevent me from letting members
try to do too much to a C14 during a single day event, Thank You Brian!
I also got to meet Kirby and Mr. Elkhoof several times over the years and will miss them and the stories that went
along with them. Thinking about this in the moment, I will miss the "Cat Joke" and the priceless reaction people
would get during a telling of said joke as they watched Andrea and I go through our laughing fits, feeding off
one another. Ahh, Good times!

It was an honor to be considered a friend and I will cherish the memories of him and his antics forever.

Our condolences to Andrea and his family during this very difficult time and we send our thoughts and
prayers to them all as they try to move forward.

Godspeed my dear friend.

I’m deeply saddened as well. I first met Brian in person at the NE Spring Fling in Bedford Pa over 10 years ago. I was well aware of his persona and humor on the forum prior to meeting him, and in person he was amazing. He contributed mightily to the entire COG community. His fuel warning eliminator for the C-14 was a great idea. He was the foremost expert on KIPASS also providing a product to solve the early stuck spring issue. I was always impressed with his deep knowledge on so many subjects, not just motorcycles. Everything from stacking wood, to well….you name it. I called him the professor since he could explain things so well with examples.

Over the years he and I exchanged many personal messages discussing a variety of subjects. I was always impressed by how much effort he put into these conversations.

Who can forget him shaving Chuck’s beard with a straight razor at the JC national? He left a strong mark on COG and will be deeply missed.

Talked to him a few times at rally's, seemed to know a bit which usually meant sometimes long winded posts here. He was interesting. Sad to hear.

Blaise and I are so sorry to hear this. We met Brian and Andrea at the COG National in Mt. Snow, VT in 2010 (2011?). He was more than willing to help Blaise "obtain" more firewood for the fire pit and we roared with laughter when "Paul Blart in Security Guy" chastised them.

We also had the pleasure of meeting Kirby and listening to Cat Joke. He was incredibly knowledgeable and funny and we enjoyed our times together. While Blaise and I lived in 2 different states I was able to do a few NE get togethers and Brian and Andrea were there.

Our deepest sympathies go out to Andrea, their boys and the entire family. đź’™

Wow. Hits me like a bat. BDF also did an epic coast to coast ride on that C-14 that impressed the hell outa me. Nothing but admiration from me. We’re better for having had him and poorer for having lost him. RIP.

This really sucks. I haven't actually seen Brian face to face since 2014 at the COG National in Johnson City, but we stayed in contact over the years speaking on the phone 2- 3 times per year. I spoke with him this last September when I just luckily happened to catch him while he was at his house in Rhode Island as he (unbeknownst to me) had recently moved to Virginia. For those of you that can't place who Brian is, he was the tall guy that shaved Rev's beard over a few beers at the 2014 National.

The Elk hoof

"WHEN SUDDENLY!!.." Brian tells the cat joke...

So sad to see and hear this. Prayers for peace and strength as his family and friends adjust to the void he is leaving behind. We trust that he’ll find his new moto in the sky comes with cruise control as a factory installed feature.

i was looking back at my COG photos to figure out how long ago I first met Brian and Andrea. It was 13 years ago at a COG NE End of Season bash in Cromwell CT

497719D9-E1AA-4948-A10B-C8620E0F84B1.jpeg

Been thinking a lot about Brian and some of the conversations and hilarious antics that would ensue when we spoke on the phone or together in person. @4bikes previously mentioned that Brian was an expert in all things KiPass. He was also a huge champion for the technology, and came up with a fairly entertaining demonstration.

At a group social in fall 2010 he wanted to point out the integrity of the KiPass RF fob and immersed his in a glass of water. We then proceeded outside to his C14 and showed that the system detected the fob even when immersed. in water...

IMG_4465.jpg

IMG_4462.jpg

IMG_4473.jpg

He performed the same demonstration at the 2011 National Rally in Vermont, but this time he used a glass of whiskey...

IMG_5056.jpg

IMG_5059.jpg

Sorry to hear the news, Brian was a great source of Knowledge for everyone here. He helped me out when I had a few questions when I installed a Rostra cruise control on my C14. He will be missed !

I am home now after being away for a bit with no phone or internet service. So I have just read the posts and it brought back a lot of memories. it's nice to read the posts and reminisce.
I have been walking a lot more recently. As such I had a lot of time to think about Brian and Andrea, as well as a lot of other friends I have been fortunate to have met purely through COG and because I had bought a particular motorcycle long ago. I will miss Brian. But I have been making more of an effort to keep in touch with people.

I remember Brian,

We had several long conversations about this bike.
He was a very nice guy, and knowledgeable too... a great loss to this community.

RIP Brian

Ivan

a sad thing reminded me the other day of the first time I met Brian. It was at the national rally at Johnson City, I walked in to the lobby to find Brian holding court and regaling folks about his theory of "the 6 degrees of separation" when someone mentioned I worked in Cleveland area as a firefighter. To prove his theory, he asked me a name of a Cleveland firefighter he knew or knew of, I knew the guy. Now, to be fair, to ask about a Cleveland firefighter named Kelly is like walking into an Irish pub and asking if you know Flannigan. He had enough info that it appeared we knew the same guy.

This reminded me of him when we got the news that a Cleveland firefighter was struck and killed at a crash scene last Saturday night by a hit and run drunk driver who was quickly caught. It was not Kelly.

Sadly, as I put on my dress uniform again, I will be thinking of Brian and his way he touched people by asking me about Cleveland fire in the way only he could do. When I smile, that's what I'll be thinking about.

The First time I met Brian was at the (I think) 2008 COG National when Richard and Walter came Over the Pond.
To get some OtP $$ for their trip, Brian did an auction to Shave Rev.

The shaving took some time, and he told jokes while doing it.
One was the "Cat" joke, and it was a visual joke.
I don't remember the joke completely, the lead-on line thru it was "meow" and it ended with a hysterical visual.
It kept everyone laughing and Rev was rolling his eyes in fear as he was shaved.
ie; The meow generally happened when the razor was at his throat.

For years after, I would say "Meow" when I noted or talked with Brian.

I still chuckle when someone sez meow...
Does anyone remember the joke?

Ride safe, Ted

Last edited:
....2008 COG National........To get some OtP $$ for their trip, Brian did an auction to Shave Rev.

Unless Brian has done that twice (? maybe, I wasn't in COG in 2008) but it was 2014 in Johnson City TN.

As for the cat joke itself, well as you say visual , or performance art on Brian's part with a strong assist from Andrea on the sidelines breaking up in facial grimacing laughter. I'm not sure many of us would think all that much of the joke if we just saw it in print...but when coupled with Brian's performance and delivery......"When Suddenly!"... it was very entertaining. Maybe someone has a video of the whole performance? Anybody? Anybody?

Here you are TED giving some cooling assistance by fanning with a towel as Brian was starting to sweat out his beer.

Ok, so I missed the year, and prolly which travelers it was?
Err OOPs..
I do recall that there was a lot of "Shine" being passed around.
There is a slight chance that it effected my memory.

Ride safe, Ted

As for the cat joke itself, well as you say visual , or performance art on Brian's part with a strong assist from Andrea on the sidelines breaking up in facial grimacing laughter. I'm not sure many of us would think all that much of the joke if we just saw it in print...but when coupled with Brian's performance and delivery......"When Suddenly!"... it was very entertaining. Maybe someone has a video of the whole performance? Anybody? Anybody?

I so wish I had the performance on video, although I have seen it live at least a dozen time. I've told the joke myself to friends and it never had the same impact. The joke build up was pure Brian storytelling and punchline was mainly visual (and did not include "meow") As Marty points out, much more laughter came from Andrea's reaction (and Pat Mulloy as well).

Ok, so I missed the year, and prolly which travelers it was?
Err OOPs..
I do recall that there was a lot of "Shine" being passed around.
There is a slight chance that it effected my memory.

Ride safe, Ted
Ted,I think the shine might be your secret " 'Stache" fertilizer. I wonder how much OTP money could have been raised from Brian shaving off half of your " 'Stache".
I recall back then (2014), someone saying that Brian should raise more money by also shaving off Fred Boothe's beard :oops:. Brian quickly, with one eyebrow raised incredulously, asked, "Yeah right, and what country's army is going to assist me with that?" :LOL:

Wayne,

Thank you so much for that!!! I'm crying and laughing at the same time, Andrea's reactions
and laughter to every look from Brian is what made this joke such a fun thing to hear and watch.
Of course as Brian stated, everything is better if you start or add "When suddenly"...

Thanks for the laughs and memories.

I had been told yesterday that we have lost one of our own. It's my understanding that Brian Felice has passed away yesterday morning. Brian, who rode a new (at the time) 2008 Concours14, was a member of the NE area of our little community and had participated on the forum under the forum name of BDF. It is my understanding that Brian had succumbed to an long illness. I am ashamed that I did not realize the situation. And I do not have the particulars. This is based on the limited information that another COG member communicated to me.
Brian and I were pretty close in a lot of regards. While also adversaries at times when it came to forum banter. When I had to give up riding a while back, I kind of lost touch with so many friends I met through COG. As such, I was too wrapped up in my own little world to make a phone call now and then. Now it's too late. My thoughts and prayers go out to Andrea and the family.
I'm not a frequent visitor to the Forum and just came across the information about Brian's passing. I met Brian at the several of the NE tech days where as others have already stated, Brian was a wealth of knowledge. As far as I know, he and maybe others developed a way to replace the battery in the TPM system and he helped me with this issue I had with my 2008 C14. He was meticulous in his repairs and always had a joke or two. I had heard that he moved to VA. My much belated condolences to Andrea and his family. Pulmonary fibrosis is an incurable disease and unfortunately it claimed the life a fellow COGer. Brian RIP.

I happen to have a video of "The Cat Joke (tm)". It is not a great recording, but it may be the only one in existence.

Cheers,
Wayne.
Just came across this discussion again, and saw that Wayne posted Brians "Cat Joke".
So, I'm reposting it so that others can enjoy it.
NOTE: Be patient at the start as it's hard to hear. But the sound get's better after the start.

It's amazing that Brian kept a straight face and was able to tell the story with Andrea breaking up in laughter.
He was an artist at jokes. Much missed.

Ride safe, Ted