• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Oregon AAD position opening

stevem

Greetings fellow Oregonians!

When you have been an AAD so long that you can’t remember when you started it’s probably time to move on. I’ve been in that role for at least eight years, maybe longer. It’s been fun and given me an opportunity to meet quite a few Oregon COG members on the rides and tech sessions I’ve hosted. I’ve also been aware of the hassle it has been for most of you, especially those in the Portland area, to come all the way down to Eugene for these events. So….

I am resigning my AAD position at the end of the 2012 calendar year. My hope is that provides enough time for someone from the Portland area to step up and take my place. I am convinced that attendance at rides and tech sessions will increase dramatically if Portland area COGers (by far the majority of our state membership) are spared the two hour slog each way up and down I-5. I know there are quite a few rides up North (in the Coast Range, over into the fringes of the high desert, etc) just waiting to happen. I will even do my best to take part in them.

It has been great working with everyone in the PNW COG family, I look forward to passing the torch. If you are interested in the Oregon AAD position please contact Charlie Gary (nwad@cog-online.org).

Meanwhile I hope to see you on the April 28th Ride to Eat at Mo’s in Otter Rock or at my April 14th tech session (C14s welcome, though I haven’t a clue what to do with them.... I hear they use those newfangled shims).

Steve Mustoe
Eugene, Oregon
COG #3805