• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

OtP discussions

Konehead34

Does anyone know if theres a consolidated thread for the OtP fund raising? If not is there a way, possibly through a moderator, to do so?

Is there any items for sale that many coggers could buy, similar to the map several years back, that one could mount on ur bike to show where uv been using the glue on little jewels.

The COG license plate frame would make for an interesting OtP fund raising item.

Last time I saw anything was in 2020 when folks still thought we would be having the nationals in Vancouver, WA. The auction threads are usually run in the Events > Nationals area — as I recall.
I think we’ve had a lapse in OtP from Covid and travel restrictions. Maybe it’s time for a reboot???

There was a 2020 traveler chosen & the funds are there waiting for him. Due to Covid & all the other travel restrictions the past couple of years he just hasn't made it over here yet.

It's my understanding that once he completes his trip there will be no more OTP due to lack of support & interest from both sides of the pond. If I'm wrong somebody jump in & set me straight.

Both of you are right.
An election was held, and a member from Europe (Udo) was selected to make the trip. During that time, the OtP Team on both sides of the pond collected $$ for his trip. (As I recall they did pretty good and were nearing the amount needed to cover most of his expenses.

At that point Covid raised it's ugly head, the COG National and and Udo's trip was cancelled. <GLOOM>
Since that time, we've tried to bring him over, but again Covid restrictions prevented his trip.
Unfortumately, during that time, most of the OtP Team moved on.

Important Note: The $$ for Udo's ride is in the bank's (some in Europe and some in USA).
When the time comes, "every penny that was collected" will go to him for his trip.

Another right is (sadly) this will be the last OtP Traveler because we just don't have the support anymore to make OtP possible.

That said; Hans/Bernd/Me will be coming out of OtP Retirement to make the arrangements for the last OtP.
Some of the last team will also be involved. (Not sure exactly who will be involved at this time)

During this time of year, we have always allowed OtP {and the OtP team} take a much-needed rest.
ie; It takes the team 6-8 months of work each year to make OtP possible.
(The team has been doing this for over 20 years).

We'll start in January or February by talking OtP up and arranging the trip.

As always, We will need your help to make this "OtP" trip "Epic"!!

If anyone has any questions about OtP, let me know and I'll answer any that I can.

Ride safe, Ted

Another right is (sadly) this will be the last OtP Traveler because we just don't have the support anymore to make OtP possible.

Being a past OTP traveler & host to the 2016 (?) traveler I really hate to hear this program is ending but at the same it's understandable. It takes a considerable amount of effort & time from both sides to line up loaner bikes, travel host, even simple things like picking up traveler at the airport.

I'm grateful to have been chosen for my 2019 trip, something I will never forget & can't wait to go back. I'm more than happy to help where I can when Udo does make it over.

Thanks to everyone that worked so hard for those 20 years to make it happen.

I am here to help also! We hosted Ralf and Andre back in 2018 and we still are great friends. I will do anything to make sure Udo has a terrific time here when he comes! Really is a great experience for anyone chosen!

Thanx for the kind words (and offers to help)!

One of the original hopes of OtP was that members from both clubs would get to know one another.
"It worked"! There have been a lot of (across the pond) friendships developed because of OtP.
Some of us have gone to the country's of those OtP Friends and stayed at their homes.
Some have stayed at our homes too.
(ie; Some of you met Hans and Ingegerd at the last COG National?)

I'm unsure how many official OtP Travelers went across the Pond. {I'll check with Hans/Bernd}
Sometimes, we sent 1, sometimes 2,, some years we sent no one, and sometimes *Tag-a-Longs traveled with the OtP Traveler. (** Paid their own way)

My guess is "you" (COG and GCE Members) made it possible for about 26 official "Over the Pond" Travelers.
"You" should be VERY proud of yourselves.

Ride safe, Ted

Last edited:
I just came across this old Tread and decided to post it again.

If your new to COG and wonder what the heck OtP is. 😵‍💫 o_O

OtP (Over the Pond) is a project we started 20+ years ago that allowed members (from the 2 clubs) to travel to another Country and enjoy the Ride of a Lifetime!

To accomplish this, each year we selected a winner (by voting), collected $$, made arrangements, and sent him on his way,,,,
(and hoped it all worked out).
It did! I think we did this with 26 OtP Travelers.
ie; We sent a COGger to Europe or brought a GCE (GTR Club of Europe) member from Europe to ride with us.

NOTE: OtP was done thru COG and GCE and (as far as I know), I think we're the only 2 motorcycle clubs that has ever done something like this.

There will be an article in the upcoming Concourier for you to learn more... (expertly written by someone you know)

Currently the OtP Team is working to bring an OtP Traveler from Europe and send him to this year's COG National in Oregon.
His name is Udo and he won the OtP Ride a few years ago, but we ran into a small problem....
ie; Covid struck, and the result was; we had to postpone his trip.
Udo's been waiting 3 years to make the trip.

At this stage; Most of the $$ we need have been collected, and we've made preliminary plans for his ride.
But we could use your help......
We are looking for a few more $$, but mostly we need volunteers to ride with him, share a room, or possibly a loaner bike, etc.
We want to make his ride the trip of a lifetime.

Right now, we mostly need some discussion to spread the word about his trip.
Can you help us with his trip?

I'll post more info as I learn more about the planning.

Ride safe, Ted

PS: I'm not the lead of the USA / OtP Team this year.
,,, Mark Hartman is in charge in the USA. (Lord, please help Udo)
,,, (I'm still a Slave Laborer)

Last edited:
I don't think there has been a final decision, but I think he will be arriving/departing from California. (mebbe San Francisco {??})
Prolly do a zig zag route from there to the National with Charlie G.

If anyone is anywhere near California and/or Oregon it's probable folks could ride in (or back) with them.
Just need to know where your located and what times you have available.
Think about riding in/back with them.
A fun time will be had by all.

Also (if anyone is near their route) we need lodging/time sharing at peoples homes if possible.
A large part of OtP is getting to know riders from another country.

Please send us a note if you're interested in helping!!

Rid safe, Ted

PS: (Harry) If someone lives in another location (for instance "Wyoming") and wants to support (ride in with) Udo when he arrives, I'm sure the OtP Team would consider that location as the arrival location.
(Hint hint HINT)

Last edited:
Udo will be arriving on May, 31 at LAX in Los Angeles, and will be departing on June, 23 from LAX.

Does anyone want to ride with him / lead him to/from the National, or does anyone have a spare bed for our OtP Traveler?
(He wants to see some of the USA, and will NOT be going directly to /From the National)
We're looking for places for him to stay, and things for him to see as he does his ride.

Ride safe, Ted

PS: We collected most of the $$ for his ride when Udo was elected, but costs have gone up and we want to make this trip special.
Please help us with small donations.
We're setting up an address where you can (please) send in some donation money for Udo.
Any amount will help!

Last edited:
Yahooo! Now we need more people that live along any kind of reasonable route that would end up in Oregon or can help in other ways.

ie; (Using me as a for instance) I live in Houston and offered my home and a bike, but it's too far, so I'm sending some $$ instead, and posting this info to spread the word.

NOTE: I suspect that his course could veer 500 {or possibly more miles} from the Left Coast as he travels to/from the National.
Could also go North or South to see special places.
If your anywhere in that envelope, and/or have something special in your area that he might like to see, consider sending in an offer.

Please help us make this a great ride for Udo!

Ride safe, Ted

Last edited:
Like Ted I've offered a bike & home but I'm too far also. I will contribute wherever I can though so just hit me up with what I can do.

I will be riding out to L.A. & picking the wife up for a leisurely ride up the PCH to Canyonville.