• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Over the Pond XVIII 2020

bird_hill_trekker

Over the Pond XVIII 2020 is on!  :)

OTP event is still alive. The 18th OTP adventure will bring an European traveler
to USA and finally to the COG National in Vancouver, WA

Your help is needed again: :truce:

If you know an European of the GTR community who is worth to be elected
You can nominate him just by sending an email to GTR1000@t-online.de
Nomination will close on February 1st (see time table).
After nomination there will be an election campaign.

In the meantime, you can alrready support the OTP programm by dinations sent by Paypal to
USA:    OTP.USA@cox.net
Europe: GTR1000@t-online.de

80675262_10218190373163627_5260633251612983296_o.jpg

Over the Pond XVIII 2020 time table (prelimary)

Dec. 27th      First announcement
Jan. 3rd        Prelimary time table
Jan. 3rd        Start of nomination
Jan. 3rd        Start of donations and pleges
Feb. 1st        Close nomination
Feb. 5th        Contact nominees
Feb. 8th        Announce nominees
Feb. 9th        Start voting
Mar. 1st          Voting ends
Mar. 3rd        Winner selected
Mar. 12th        Winner and runner up contacted
Mar. 14th        OTP traveler presented
                        Continue collecting donations
Mar. 16th        Begin of detailed travel arrangements
Apr. 5th          Ticket purchase
June 5th        Traveler arrives in USA
June 13th        Traveler arrives in Vancouver WA and attend at COG National
June 20th      Traveler leaves Vancouver WA
June 26th      Traveler leaves USA
June 27th        OTP XVIII 2020 is over 

USA donations should be OTP.USA@cox.net on paypal or you can shoot me an email at same address. Let's have some fun!!!!!!

Okay, I think I got my donation in. Some member of the GCE is going to have the "Experience Of A Lifetime!"

Old Man on a Connie said:
Harry Martin said:
I have Ted's credit card.

How much do you need want?
Is the limit higher than 20 bucks?

I don't know.
I called to check his credit score and the lady at the other end was laughing so hard I could hear her barfing.

That must mean something, yes?  :(

We could make a little charge and see what happens.
Let's try $19.99. :72:

The donation collected at the Last Blast RTE in Florida has (finally) been sent. Thanks to Larry Buck for collecting it, Jo  Poole for sending it me, and Nancy Icely for sending it back  to me when I goofed and sent it to her. But it has been forwarded today to the OTP  Paypal  account. The SE appreciates the opportunity to support OTP  2020.  :beerchug:

Ron

Harry Martin said:
Harry Martin said:

I don't know.
I called to check his credit score and the lady at the other end was laughing so hard I could hear her barfing.

While ya'll were "unfairly" pickin' on me,,  :'(
    I sent in my "first" donation to this years "OtP"..  :great:
      "Annnndddd" Last week I sent in a Nomination for the Traveler.

Now ya'll need ta get of'n yer butts {quit "unfairly" pickin' on me}, and do the same!!!   :p

Ride safe, Ted

Rec'd all 3 of yunz. Thanks go out to Jim. Ron and the SE area donators and Connie rider. Off to a great start More fun to come.

connie_rider said:
Harry Martin said:
Harry Martin said:

I don't know.

While ya'll were "unfairly" pickin' on me,,  :'(
    I sent in my "first" donation to this years "OtP"..  :great:
      "Annnndddd" Last week I sent in a Nomination for the Traveler.

Now ya'll need ta get of'n yer butts {quit "unfairly" pickin' on me}, and do the same!!!   :p

Ride safe, Ted

Well...good news Teddy...The $19.99 charge went through as Old Man on a Connie has confirmed your donation.
Your credit rating is better than expected. What is your limit, $50? Should we try for more?

We not picking on you. We tolerate like you, really.  :hee20hee20hee:
We just making an example out of you so others can donate to OTP, like you due every year.

Where would OTP be without our good buddy Ted?

And...you nominated a lucky potential traveler.
Ted, you cannot nominate yurself.
You knowed better than that.
Check the rules. :-[

Grasshopper, As you may recall.  :celebrate:
  I wrote the rules..  :great:
      "while doing do" I added some (err) "fine print" {that no one knows about}  :sign0151:
          ie; {it sez; Ted can be nominated every year}..  :)

Shhhh; Don't tell Hans!!  :67:

Ride safe, Ted

:sign0103: :sign0103:

Nominees have been announced! Irmi Doods, Udo Westermann and Mika/Jaanan Pitkanen (Any spelling error's are mine  :??: ). I realize that most of these names are not recognized much on this side of the pond but they are legends over there. I truly look forward to their biographies being presented. Mika and Jaanan are presented as a couple but they will be responsible for the cost of the tag along. Goal is to raise funds for 1 traveler. Stay tuned for auctions and entertaining fund gathering coming. COGGERS are known to be frugal but they are also known to open the wallet for those deserving of recognition and appreciation. Donations all greatly appreciated from 10 dollars up and can be sent to OTP.USA@cox.net via paypal or contact using the same email or reply here or PM me for options. Your very dedicated USA OTP team will be getting busy with planning. You can vote at GTR1000@t-online.de Make sure to include your COG number to have your vote counted. Please let me know if any questions and stand by to stand by.

Harry!! Wake up!!
fyi;
I {and my Bride} voted today for this years "OtP" Traveler.
Now I'm sending in my second Donation.

Suggestion to everyone; Send in multiple Donations as I do... <sly grin>

I do this because;
            The smaller donations don't hurt as much.
            My wife doesn't notice.  :great:
            The total grows.
            It helps send a fellow "Connie Rider" on the trip of a lifetime!  :motonoises:

Ride safe, Ted

:great: :great: :great: :great: :great: :great: :great: :great: :great: ;) :motonoises: :motonoises: :beerchug: :beerchug: :beerchug:

connie_rider said:
Harry!! Wake up!!
fyi;
I {and my Bride} voted today for this years "OtP" Traveler.
Now I'm sending in my second Donation.

Suggestion to everyone; Send in multiple Donations as I do... <sly grin>

I do this because;
            The smaller donations don't hurt as much.
            My wife doesn't notice.  :great:
            The total grows.
            It helps send a fellow "Connie Rider" on the trip of a lifetime!  :motonoises:

Ride safe, Ted

I'm watching you.  :eek:

Ted, Somehow, your penny per donation is pretty lame unique.
I didn't knowed your credit was that bad and that yous had to do dumpster diving to sell aluminum cans.

giphy.gif

But we appreciate yours efforts. A real pooper trooper.

So, you wrote the rules eh? :(

If 4 some reason you become nominated, I will see to it that you get first class seating.

giphy.gif

A more deserving candidate should be the recipient of such an honor.
Knot some armadillo eating texan who trailers across country looking for free (road kill) meals.

If you do win, I have a special bike waiting for you.
Perfect for your riding skills.

giphy.gif

So, I wood urge that more people nominate other deserving riders so ted get's eliminated out-voted.
then, make a donation for more than ted's one coin at a time method.

giphy.gif

Remember folks, voting costs nothing.
Nominate, then vote. Donations always accepted.

We need a candidate with driving skills better than teds.

giphy.gif

Just saying.

As already announced by Mark:

OTP nominees coming from Finland and Germany

Mika & Jaana from Finland
organized several GCE Rallies all over Europe and guided groups; long years GCE webmaster, served surstrøming to OTP travelers  :sign0066:
2009 GCE Rally in Finland; 2010 GCE Rally in Wales, UK; 2011 in Slovakia; 2012 in Italy: 2013 in Norway; 2014 in Czech Rep. (canceled);
2015 in the Alps (The Alpine Tour I); 2017 in Scandinavia (The Arctic Tour II); 2018 in the Alps (The Alpine Tour II); 2019 The Arctic Adventure II

Udo Westermann from Germany
organized 2 German gatherings „Treffpunkt“ and helped others with orga support, most frequent participant at German meetings  :great:
Udo is the grey eminence in the background of the German GTR 1000 friends and has a very high reputation within the german group 

Irmi Doods from Germany
was Cliff‘s personal guide for the 3rd week of his 2019 OTP trip and just organizes the Tour de Twist 2020 in Germany  :dance:
Since the Tour de Twist 2018 in Sweden, Irmi is the little sunshine of the GCE

Bios will follow

But you can already vote by sending an Email to GTR1000@t-online.de

These are all deserving candidates without a doubt. Mika did a excellent with the rally in Bollendorf I attended last year while OTP. I had a great time & know it was a lot of work. My hats off to her.

However, I did spend a lot of time with Irmi in Belgium & Bollendorf. This was pretty obvious to anyone that saw the OTP pictures, she seemed to always be by my side. We became friends & stay in pretty close contact, my wife refers to her as my German girlfriend.  :??:

She is a absolute blast to be around & is always laughing with a constant smile on her face.

I did email Mark a couple weeks ago & offered to host/guide the traveler should they come this far east. We've hosted in the past & it is a great experience. I encourage everyone do so also if you have a chance. Yes I would love the chance to host/guide Irmi.  :) I will be happy to do so with whom ever comes over.

With that being said she'll get our 2 votes. Please support OTP & help bring my German girlfriend over.

Vote for Imi!  :wee_hee:

I received a question about voting.
  ie; Can I vote for this years Nominee if I live in the USA??

I or Bernd can post the specific voting rules about who can vote, how, and when...

But for now; I want to clarify 1 thing quickly.
  COG and GCE members "can and should" vote for nominee's when they go Over the Pond "from the USA to Europe".
  COG and GCE members "can and should" vote for nominee's when they go Over the Pond "from Europe to the USA".

Bottom line: Yes you should vote for one of the Nominee's...
                  If your unsure about who to vote for ask questions and make a decision...
                    "OtP" needs your help to pick a winner!!

Ride safe, Ted

PS: Vote for Ted.
      Yea, I know. I'm not in Europe, not eligible and not a nominee.
                But that's ok.
                    I like to stir the pot and I can dream,,, can't I?? ... <evil grin>

Requirements for Voting
1) Current COG/GCE Members are entitled to 1 Vote.
2) An Associate Member {of a Current COG/GCE Member} is entitled to 1 vote.
3) Significant Others {That are NOT Associate members}, can vote 1 time.
      BUT (before Voting) a $10 Minimum donation must be made to "Over the Pond" by that person.
4) Forum Subscribers (with a minimum of 20 posts, and registration prior to OtP announcement date) can vote 1 time, but before voting a $10 Minimum Donation must be made to "Over the Pond" by that person.
5) Non-Members can vote 1 time, but before voting a $15 Minimum donation must be made to "Over the Pond" by that person

Hello GTR-Community and OTP Orga-Team

Iam Udo Westermann, one of the candidates for OTP 2020. (Sorry that my bios is now, but I could clear one point for a free time schedule in the last night). I lived in Germany with my Family and since 1982, I have a motorbike.

My GTR-Life started with one story about the new model in a newspaper. I saw the pictures and knew, that is mine. Everybody has these Moments, you know? Than going to the exhibition, to the dealer and wait for enough money. But in 1987, I had my 6 months old grey and lovely GTR. It was love from the first moment, rounds and fashion was perfect. The next 24,5 years, we do all things together, never stood on a road trip by technical problems and the 211712 km. At the 2013.05.30 there was an heavy accident, not my guilty - but the end for my GTR. Another 1000, I cannot drive, it isn´t my grey one, you understand. After 11 months, I can drive with my own/other motorbike again.

In the year 2002, I read from a GTR-Meeting in Laubach. The first in Germany in the "Jägerhaus".
After that Meeting, it was a fix date in my calendar. Every year, (not 2013), I was there. And why the people were so amazing, I do something for them.
2004, I organized the GTR-Meeting in my home-city. 35 GTR 1000 in one string, unfortunately never more.
2006, for guide.
2007, I organized in Usseln, special event was the first GTR1400 in Germany in the showroom from the hotel.
2010, for guide.
2011, for guide.
2014, for guide and technician.
2015, for guide.
2016, I organized in Uslar.
2018, for guide and help to organize.
2019, for guide and help to organize.
2020, for help to organize.

In that 19 years, I helped with words and deeds every Person and still do it now and in the future. The Citys for 2021 and 2022 are ready.
I always driven to the "German" GTR-Meetings, because I organize every year for other groups motorbike weekends or weeks and more time than 20-22 days isnt possible. (family, shooting-club, company, friends) In my town, we had 5 GTR1000 bikes/driver and 3 in this moment.

It was a great pleasure for me, that I was nominated for an OTP candidate. Please vote for me and I do my very best.

Udo

Welcome here Udo, my Buddy,  :welcome: :You_Rock_Emoticon: :clap: :clap: :clap: nice to see you.
:singing:
You have mail...

Over the Pond XVIII 2020            Vote Now!

Irmi Doods, Udo Westermann or Mika/Jaana Pitkaenen

Send your vote to GTR1000@t-online.de

The USA OTP team is busy planning arrival points and bikes. If anyone would like to donate a MC for the traveler please let me know. We have 2 lined up and are in contact with Ma Kaw, but based on the current market I'm not holding out a lot of hope there. Chris Buam is working his contacts in the Dakotas. So it's up to US (Yah see what I did There?). Once the traveler is announced arrival points, routes and guides will be decided upon. Also please pay attention of auctions for OTP currently happening on the forum. Drop a nickel, get some swag, have some fun, support a great cause.

This poll stays exiting:
Mika/Jaana canceled their candidacy for business reason

We are sad to hear that they cannot tun for OTP XVIII 2020

Now we already have a traveler and a runner up, but who is who?
Irmi > Udo > Irmi > Udo > Irmi > Udo > Irmi > Udo > Irmi > Udo > ;)Ted:) > Irmi > Udo > Irmi > Udo > Irmi > Udo > Irmi > Udo

Send your vote via Email to GTR1000@t-online.de

Folks, we need your votes and donations to make this happen. Please help us make it possible!

fyi; This years Nominee's {Irmi / Udo} assisted past (COG) "OtP" Travelers when they made their rides in Europe..
        (I think we've sent about 21 Travelers "OtP" so far)..  :great:

Next year, we hope to send an "OtP" Traveler to Europe..
        COGgers;  It could be "you"...
            Wouldn't you love to go? "thinkaboutit"  :motonoises:

Ride safe, Ted

Over the Pond XVIII 2020 election is closed now
We are counting ...
Newest Forecast: Ted got the most votes 
But they are wasted! Did I forget to mention that he is not eligible?

Who will be the winner?
Irmi or Udo?

I are too eligible. {Hans sed so}  :nananana:
    I'm just not in Europe, so a flight to USA doesn't help me very much.
      Nice to know I got the most votes. {even if it was only 1}
            That means I got more that Harry!!!

Ok, who is it? Irmi or Udo?

Ride safe, Ted

Ted, Irmi got much more votes than you - mostly from USA

And yes, we have a preliminary winner!
[size=10pt](it is not Ted)

But the counting result must be approved

And the winner at first shall accept[/size]​

Congratulations Udo! {for winning..}
Congratulations to Irmi as well as the other Nominee's. (for being notated by your friend's)

Ride safe, Ted {"Not" nominated by friends, and Last place (again)}  :mad: