• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Oxford Heated Grips

buzzard53

I wanted to share a positive experience with Oxford heated grips. Just finished the install of their touring Heaterz grip set. Easy enough install with no wire splicing needed, it's a direct connection to the battery terminals. Very pleased with the results. The complete kit install took about 1-1/2 hours, double checking the grip position before gluing them in place and making sure wire routing didn't have any interference. The controller has multiple heat levels and will automatically turn itself off if there is no engine/vehicle vibration for 1 minute. A nice little safety feature to keep your battery from being drained.

Thanx for posting this Buzzard. Looks like a good choice for someone that doesn't have heated grips.

Several in the club have asked about replacements for the heated Grips on the C-14's.
The OEM's are pretty expensive and many (including me) aren't aware that after-market grips with heaters inside them were available.
The Oxfords offers replacement grips that (I suspect) could be wired to work onto a C-14.

Ride safe, Ted

I would think it's highly possible for the Oxford grips to be spliced into the factory C-14 grip wiring harness. I'm not an electrician and it might be a bit of a PITA process, but can't see there being anything from preventing this. More qualified persons would be able to confirm.
jm2c

Nice review! This was the first upgrade I made to my bike after riding a friends loaned bike with heated grips through some freezing temps and being amazed how much safer and enjoyable it was to be able to actually feel my hands applying the brakes, rather than just knowing it must be happening because the bike was actually slowing.
I went a non-Oxford route and added a relay to a marker light so the grips can only be powered with the ignition on — but you’re right that it’s all pretty straightforward.
I estimate that the heated grips make it possible to enjoyable ride for an hour or so in temps of about 10 degrees lower. And anything over 40F — I’m good all day (I’m on a bikini fairing bike — so YMMV…)
Thanks for sharing the recommendation.