• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Painted hills overlook accessability?

tdbru

for the Lava Run this year, i want to go photograph areas of the Painted Hills. Haven't been there or done that. from the NFS description once you leave burnt ranch road, the pavement ends and it's gravel on bear creek rd up to the Painted Hills Overlook. has anyone taken there C10 or C14 on that gravel road? degree of difficulty? looks like some awesome photo ops in the painted hills.
see you in Sisters for the Lava Run
-tdbru

I've been there on my BMW F800GT, along with some guys on Ducatis. I hate gravel...but this was fine.

1626452776223.png

Chris

Thanks Daboo!! i really don't like gravel under my tires either. but have had to do it on occasion. this looks like it will be one of those "occasions".
Great photo by the way!
-tdbru