• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Parts Availability

danmcdermott

I am getting ready to strip my Conni down for some upgrades and planned maintenance including a valve inspection. Has anyone had difficulty in obtaining valve shims and other parts recently? I just want to know what I am getting into in regards to supply chains.

Any Kawasaki (+Japanese motorcycle brand) I have owned was never an issue to get OEM parts from the dealer. +20 years old parts was no problem what so ever. The Japanese motorcycle industry understands the need for the super reliable bikes they produce.

Warrant,

Thank you for your reply! I have had the same impeccable experience regarding available parts for all of my motorcycles, autos, and even appliances. During these COVID times, however, I have seen many things on back order where I have never seen before. My question was to see if the availability of parts including valve shims has been effected also.