• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Passenger back rest

I bought the ast passenger backrest. The actual pad itself is nice. I wasn’t at all happy about how high up above the seat it ....sits.
The plate that sandwiches between the rack and grab rails was definitely cut out using a hand held grinder and not at all symmetrical side to side as far as the curve of the cuts. Could have made a better one myself.
The stalk that the pad mounts on is not only WAY too tall, it also pushes the passenger forward and cannot be used with a top case. So I went to Menards and bought a piece of bar, bent, cut and drilled it to my liking.
Seriously, with a couple tools and an hour of time you can buy just a pad, the sheet metal, steel flat stock and spray paint for less than half the cost to get (in my opinion) a superior backrest.

Only issue with my hybrid backrest is the need to remove the pad from the stalk to remove the seat as it sits so tight to the seat. Much better visual flow down low. And i can fit as well as open my givi 47 top case with backrest in position.

I supply my racks, slightly different than normal, to PIRATES-LAIR & SARGENT seats. They have extremely nice backrests that are fitted to the racks. These sit 2-1/4” closer to the passenger so the backrest is more comfortable. More expensive but of the highest quality.