• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Pay It Forward

Tjhohmann

This is inspired by a very popular thread on another sport board I've been on. The idea is that if you have some old gear, parts, accessories, etc. that you don't need any more and would just as soon get rid of, post it in this central thread and see if anyone wants it. A couple of caveats:

• This is not a "for sale" thread. You should be willing to part with the item for no more than the cost of shipping to the new owner
  • This is also not a "want to buy" or "want to have" or "begging for free stuff" thread. If someone posts something you want, great, but you shouldn't be making requests

I'll start - when I did the resistor mod for my gas gauge, I got a pack of fifty resistors (220 ohm, 1/4 w) for, as I recall, less than a buck through eBay. I still have 48 or 49 left. Mailing them out individually would cost a lot more in postage than I paid for them, but I don't have much use.

I'll send the lot to the first person who says they want them, with the proviso that they be offered to someone else after you've taken what you need for your mod.

I would like them and the directions/or post so that others can do it that want to.If requested I would mail them with $0.50 stamp.The Wizard

Good idea I'll see if I can print out the instructions and include them. PM me an address, I'll spot the postage

The address is  Jerry Gaither  122 Sunset Lame Vacaville,Ca. 95687,I will set them up with card stock to protect in an envelope and stamp just awaiting an address.Then send them off.    The Wizard

I'd like to recognize Camp345 as an ambassador to this "pay it forward" thread. I was looking for an item, he had one and shipped it to me without hesitation. Mr. Campbell is a fine example of the class of COG members who care for others. This retired military guy " SALUTES " you sir!!

Victor Salisbury said:
Interested once this is in place since my local Radio Shack is now a cell phone emporium, can't find electrical parts for nothin'

Ebay is the new Radio Shack

Yeah, sorry, I hadn't forgotten but also hadn't gotten around to sending them either.

Vic, PM me an address and I'll send a couple to you directly. The rest will be in the mail to Jerry in a day or two.

I need nothing that I know of but love the pay it forward idea, especially with fellow riders...I have a C14 now but still have the hard to find end caps for running a C10 with out the bags, so the two side caps and the one that goes over the rear...i am in oceanside california  but can send these anywhere you need...

cheers :beerchug:

Dragoon you need to let people know the year,and those are highly in need.In fact if they are '99 or'98 I can use them and I'll send something to OtP. Jerry

these were off a purple 94....the two side covers were painted black but the end cap was done candy red when i did the whole bike....
send me a PM if you want them...they are not cracked and can easily be painted to match any bike...the "plugs" are in perfect shape which is very hard to find...so simply color them as you wish and your off....

I will wait to see if anyone else steps up,but if not I will use them on my '99.I'll try and remove the paint-over.  Jerry Gaither

Jerry,

as you wish...the back cap was professionally painted in candy red to match the whole bike and it looks great, the two side tabs i painted with BBQ paint, i did not prep the surface so this paint should remove easily and reveal the original purple, or you could paint over them very easily as i did... I took two years and totally rebuilt?restored my 94 connie and my goal was to have her like new on her 20th birthday.I had steve do his magic to the carbs, had all the rubber removed and replaced and had it painted bottom up in candy red, the color i have always wanted to own...then i finished her with a set of brand new michelin tires...she lost it in a corner about 15 miles into her new like and her back broke...she was nice while she lasted:)
:beerchug:

Hello TJ

Could you tell me what size resister it is that you used from eBay, also could you PM me the instructions for the fix? I know you said they were 220 Ohms but what is the 1/4W?

Dragoon if still available,my address is Jerry Gaither  122 Sunset Lane  Vacaville,Ca.  95687,thanks.
McGuy, i have the resistors already to mail with stamps just need your address.
    The Wizard

The Wizard said:
I would like them and the directions/or post so that others can do it that want to.If requested I would mail them with $0.50 stamp.The Wizard

Hello Wizard, I got the two resisters in the mail today, thank you a whole bunch!!!! Have to install them in the two C10's! Again Thank You!!!

:beerchug:

I have a Nolan N104 with the NCOM system.  Helmet is approximately 3 years old.  I did not like it due to not fitting my head well.  If someone in the Carbondale Il area would like it P.M. me.  I would rather not ship.  I have not worn it or tried the comm system in over 2 years.

Dragoon said:
these were off a purple 94....the two side covers were painted black but the end cap was done candy red when i did the whole bike....
send me a PM if you want them...they are not cracked and can easily be painted to match any bike...the "plugs" are in perfect shape which is very hard to find...so simply color them as you wish and your off....
Where in Oceanside? I'm around Oceanside Blvd & college.