• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Penske leak

Scooter Trash

Hey all, had a Penske put on last October at Traxxion and the remote reservoir is leaking. I did email Dan and he said the shock needs to go back to Penske. Spoke with Eric (I think) and he said the same so, off it comes and the stocker goes back on. Has  anyone else had that issue ?

Its strange, it only leaks while sitting for a period of time (months) . Rode it yesterday and parked in the garage...bone dry this morning. Hopefully their turn around time is fairly reasonable!  :41:

You got it from Traxxon 7 months ago and they say send it to Penske? Huh I would have thought they would have taken care of it.

I would have thought the same, especially since they were the storefront and did the install! Oh well, live and learn...I would go straight to Penske for the purchase instead. If you have to take it to someone to do the install, there should be some compensation but I dont think that will be the case...just too busy to jack with it myself.

scooter trash said:
I would have thought the same, especially since they were the storefront and did the install! Oh well, live and learn...I would go straight to Penske for the purchase instead. If you have to take it to someone to do the install, there should be some compensation but I dont think that will be the case...just too busy to jack with it myself.
I don't know of any parts warranties that cover the labor cost to replace a defective part.  I've swapped shocks in a C14.  It's really not a big deal.  You can spend as much time talking about it as it takes to do the job.  Grab your tools and
images

;D

Bud said:
scooter trash said:
I don't know of any parts warranties that cover the labor cost to replace a defective part.  I've swapped shocks in a C14.  It's really not a big deal.  You can spend as much time talking about it as it takes to do the job.  Grab your tools and
images

;D

I dont know about other industries but, I had a shop for about 15 years and all parts I purchased had a labor warranty claim if the part was defective! I was hoping to have the shock for the rally (HMR). My original question was ...has anyone else had this issue....meaning a leak at the reservoir.