• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Phoenix in Feb. Day trips??

Gimmee some ideas for 'Day Trips' outa Mesa. I trailered my bike to Bisbee, Tuscon and Phoenix in 2009, but this year will be for a whole month. Ideas?? Locomotiveman

Tom, I'm gonna move this over to SW area rides. You may get more hits there. For sure No AZ is awesome. Prescott, Flagstaff, Sedona. Just did a ride past weekend.
Mark

Old Man on a Connie said:
Tom, I'm gonna move this over to SW area rides. You may get more hits there. For sure No AZ is awesome. Prescott, Flagstaff, Sedona. Just did a ride past weekend.
Mark

Probably snow in February up north. It'll be time for the Southwest COG snowmobile rally.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    237.6 KB · Views: 109
Trips I have rode out of Phoenix, in the cooler months;
1. Mesa up 87 to Roosevelt Lake, back thru globe and back into Mesa
2. Mesa to Gold Canyon, Superior, Globe, Miami, (Mining Area Loop) back to Mesa approx. 200 round trip
3. Mesa-Tucson, Tombstone, Bisbee, and head north back to Mesa either I-10 or back thru Oracle.
4. Mesa - Wickenberg, Yarnell, Jerome, Prescott and back to Mesa.  Might be a little cooler ride depending on weather.

Thanks. Biked to Tortilla Flat years back. Douglas to Bisbee was brisk, but now I'm ready for more, maybe to Tucson's Int'l Mineral and Fossil Show...  Any chance of Snow/Ice from Mesa to Sedona in Feb.??

You can always run a bit north and hit Death Valley. Great riding there truly and temperate during the colder months. Or head west to Borrego and palm springs. Good stuff.

Nice riding south of Tucson in the Sonoita - Patagonia area. Keep in touch and I'll get a few of us hooked up for a ride.

If we’re lucky maybe we could strafe an LEO on one of these trips and add to our “Friends” list!!  Whaddya think AAD??

Godzilla said:
If we’re lucky maybe we could strafe an LEO on one of these trips and add to our “Friends” list!!  Whaddya think AAD??

I know a few from Tucson and Marana PD. If I'm 'fortunate' enough to meet another LEO, I'll be dropping names like I was reading a phone book.  :eek: