• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Pics from 2 stroke meet at gap

running joke in the group.  :D  however, if you are heading to deals gap via 26/74, the 'super' Ingles in Waynseville is a great stop to supply up.

Had two of those bikes in the dim, distant past, the R5 and RD350. However, not a single Bridgestone 350 GTR in sight.

there's usually 2 of them, red. like said, diminished attendance due to reschedule. usually theres about 10-15 blue 72 H2s and 10 H1s, minimally. was very suzuki and yamaha heavy this year.

:whoo:  No arguments here. Very cool and some memories of younger days.  Thanks for sharing.

thanks guys. its always a good time.

Few people arrived for the second weekend after i left, so it kept going i think until sunday. We'll be back next may at out normal time, may 2-9th. if you happen to be in the area, swing by and check it out. few places you can watch these old bikes being ridden as intended.

:motonoises:

The sounds echoing through the mountains....  Must've been lovely.

Looks like a good time, and some nice bikes. 

Thanks for sharing!

connieklr said:
Nice pictures, and nice iron

BUT

Not a mask to be seen - anywhere.

How freakin' stupid can ya'll be?

Makes no sense.

DUMB!

I hear you, however:
take a good look at the pics. everyone you see within 6 feet of each other was sharing hotel rooms and travelled in together. otherwise we were 6 feet apart at least.  and we actually had masks made for the trip. Look again, seriously.  :beerchug:  I cant answer for people in the background that were not attending the meet, the parking lot crowd was all over each other but were not near us.

Attachments

• 20200828_072451.jpg
    20200828_072451.jpg
    145.8 KB · Views: 108
Nice pics of the T500 ! Had a 1969 way back when...did a little portin'/polishin' to the ports along w/ notchin' out the tops of the pistons & tossing on a set of Ocelot chambers...those couple of mods really woke up that twin....

nice. i actually rode a 69 while i was there with higgspeed chambers. has a gt front end on it though, for the disc. i almost owned this bike like 8 years ago. the funny thing is, that 71 r5? (tom j bought it from me) i restored that 10 years ago, and was going to trade it for the green t500 (michael owns that) you see. oh, and yes, thats a KZ1000 turbo (carls).

admittedly, the t500 wasnt chambered or quite as nice at the time. 118188958_3434103676653564_5428416150303832598_n.jpg