• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Pit Bull Trailer Restraint System - Kawasaki Concours 14 ('08-'14)

cpc122

You may have read or heard about this trailer restraint system elsewhere on this forum. It is excellent! I have sold my Concours 14 and moved on. Now have this for sale. See the below description from the Pit Bull web site. These usually cost $320 US from Pit Bull or $430 Canadian from Bayside Performance in Canada. Willing to sell for $250 Canadian plus actual shipping. The system I have comes with a "Wide Frame", bike specific pins and axle nut, floor plate with nuts and bolts; everything you need. It has seen a bit of weather so does show some slight discoloration in the plate and some oxidation on the nuts and bolts. Nothing that would suggest replacement needed.

I used this system with confidence. It is not available for fitment on my new bike.

"The Pit Bull Trailer Restraint System is a revolutionary way to transport your motorcycle using a combination of features never seen before. It holds the bike from its rear axle and allows both tires to rest on the floor of the trailer or transport vehicle.

It offers the following three advantages:
1) There are no straps holding the bike down. This minimizes the space used in the trailer and eliminates the chance of damage caused by straps.

2) The motorcycle rests on the trailer floor with no added force on the suspension. This means no more blown fork seals caused by heavy strap tension, and a flat tire on the bike will not change how securely the bike is held.

3) This is the quickest, easiest system available for loading/unloading your bike for transport. One person can easily roll the bike into place until it is captured by the restraint.

Everything you will need to secure your bike to your trailer is included in the price (bike-specific pins, hardware, etc.). Although, other accessories are available only if you need to use them for additional bikes and/or mounting locations. (See 'Related Items' at bottom of the page). .

NOTE: This kit uses a replacement axle nut instead of a pin on that side of the bike. The replacement castle nut will serve as a permanent replacement for the factory nut. The other side of the bike will use a traditional pin.

NOTE:This kit uses a WIDE frame, so you cannot use this frame with traditional Pit Bull TRS pin kits, only with kits that were designed for use with the Pit Bull WIDE frame."