• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Pod with jet kit retrofit to stock airbox and jets update.................

Mercer

Well do not know about the MPG yet but a C10 with stock airbox and jets (mains 120) ROCKS MY WORLD!

Bike came with pods and jet kit with drilled slides on purchase. I had no complaints save MPG stayed at 33MPG with conservative throttle.

It was a PIA collecting parts and getting all back in place! Pods are simple. Stock is complicated. But if I had a well mannered C10 with pods, I have a TIGER with stock air/fuel parts.

Night and day on overall driving. Seems tractor like in traffic. And I thought is WAS tractor like with pods in traffic before! Little did I know! Now no feather of clutch. Just let it out and go.

Only down side so far is I never had the Connie buzz with pods before after religious sync. Now have a slight buzz in bars that progresses to 4k RPM. Slight but definitely there.

Noticed the #2 exhaust pipe is running somewhat cooler that the rest on average. Used a heat monitor to test after rides.

Will check there to see if that is issue. But I am nit picking. The buzz is negligible compared to oh so superior motoring!

Was this worth the considerable effort? Damn right!

Oh I did not dislike pods at all save for MPG. But hands down stock air/fuel system is better in my experience here in as above.
As always hope this experiment helps someone. Will post gas mileage in a couple of tanks.

Thanks to all that helped with advice and shares. Could not have done it successfully without COG forum!