• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Portable air compressor

chrismpero

Hey all.. I've noticed a lot of people carry tools, tire plugs and portable compressors. I wanted to get the Aerostich compressor but they're out of stock. Quick search on Amazon and found this, V1 brand. Looks very close to the Aerostich one. Anyone see these or have one?

TYIA

Chris

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210425-180058_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20210425-180058_Chrome.jpg
    50.5 KB · Views: 159
I found a small Slime brand compressor at Walmart that fits nicely in a tank bag. It was way less $$ than that.

I carry/ use this little Hyper Tough compressor, nothing fancy but a good top-off tool.

Like your targeted model I do see this is also out of stock...

Slime models very similar to this one, possibly same thing, can be had at lots of auto stores. I paid less than $10 for this one and has never failed, overall I don’t think you need to spend a lot of money on a top-off compressor.

Wayne

edited: Save the money for gas and tires!

Attachments

• FDF9C910-5848-47DF-8042-2E7B2AFDC14D.jpeg
    FDF9C910-5848-47DF-8042-2E7B2AFDC14D.jpeg
    127.7 KB · Views: 144
Chris,
Bestrest cycle pump was tested and rated #1 by MCN and it's guaranteed for life, made in the US.

Chris,
Bestrest cycle pump was tested and rated #1 by MCN and it's guaranteed for life, made in the US.

I own one of these and its pretty well built and works great.

So Tireguy and FTB. Do you have issues with locking the air chuck on the stem? Neither the gauge or the pump locks on the stem at all and if it does it comes loose and starts leaking, ugh. I got the gauge and pump so I'm using the gauge inline as designed. The pump chuck locks fine on the gauge, the issue is the gauge on the stem. I to hold it on there while filling :-/
I called Dave a left a msg about the issue.

So Tireguy and FTB. Do you have issues with locking the air chuck on the stem? Neither the gauge or the pump locks on the stem at all and if it does it comes loose and starts leaking, ugh. I got the gauge and pump so I'm using the gauge inline as designed. The pump chuck locks fine on the gauge, the issue is the gauge on the stem. I to hold it on there while filling :-/
I called Dave a left a msg about the issue.
I have had a few times when i locked the chuck to the stem and ended up with a flat tire😂, i think it was my fault because it wasnt on right and im about deaf and couldnt hear the air escaping.

I have had a few times when i locked the chuck to the stem and ended up with a flat tire😂, i think it was my fault because it wasnt on right and im about deaf and couldnt hear the air escaping.
I do think for the price of the pump there shouldnt be the problem of it not being problem free.

I've been very lucky with bike tires but carry one of these in the trip van.

I have the best rest pump as well, 2 of them actually, and I don't have any issues with locking the chuck on the tire stem.

Sounds like they got a bad batch of chucks, well let us know how the warranty works out.

I don't think I had any trouble with the chuck locking to my valve stem. I'll give it a test though. I'd kinda hate to discover a problem while on the side of the road.

What kind of valve valve stem are you having trouble with locking the chuck to? I know it should be able to lock to just about any valve stem but some have a narrower stem than others. Can you try it out on a rubber stem to see if the chuck locks on the rubber better than a metal one?

If your having any trouble with the pump I would call Best Rest up right away and let them know. My impression of them is they will stand behind their product and send you another chuck.

I'm having trouble with my 16 concours. I will try it on a rubber stem at some point. I called Bestrest and he said they were designed around conventional stems, not TPMS and some have issues locking on. He did not have a solution. :-(

I'm having trouble with my 16 concours. I will try it on a rubber stem at some point. I called Bestrest and he said they were designed around conventional stems, not TPMS and some have issues locking on. He did not have a solution. :-(
They might wanna put that in their advertising literature in big red letters if they say it’s not designed for TPMSis

I don't have the right angle chuck on my pump, so I bought a right angle extension that screws into the valve stem on my C14, and lock onto that.

That is why I don't have any issues with it. On the C10 I was able to use the straight chuck as is.

You ride a 675+ lb motorcycle across the country in all weather conditions. You can handle a foot pump!

You ride a 675+ lb motorcycle across the country in all weather conditions. You can handle a foot pump!

For me it has nothing to do with being able to handle a foot pump or not. Most compact foot pumps are the same size or larger than many of the small 12V pumps, at close to the same price point or less.

Ok fair enough. Just an option for those that only requires human power to function...

Attachments

• 20210603_153639.jpg
    20210603_153639.jpg
    91.4 KB · Views: 164
At least you guys carry some type of pump . I have to laugh at the gas station air folks . Imagine how many broken ends and weak pressure compressors they must run across searching for air 😂