• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Possible new seat option

jim snyder

I have been trying to get thr folks at Seat Concepts to consider making a seat remake kit for the C-14. They currently make kits for the FJR of which I have one and really like it. I sent them several emails in the last few months and this is the response I received today:
Hey JIM,
  Thank you for your email! At this time we don't currently have plans on making a seat for that bike. However, we will submit feedback on this and with enough demand this may be an option we pursue in the future. We recommend all of our customers to sign up for our newsletters so they will be notified of new products being released.

Gscott said:
Got basically the same response a couple of years ago when they were still in SO. Cal.
They make so many seats for obscure dirt bikes, it puzzles me why they wouldn't be interested in this project. Like I mentioned they do FJR seats so you would think this is a no brainer. Oh well I tried.

Jim Snyder said:
Gscott said:
Got basically the same response a couple of years ago when they were still in SO. Cal.
They make so many seats for obscure dirt bikes, it puzzles me why they wouldn't be interested in this project. Like I mentioned they do FJR seats so you would think this is a no brainer. Oh well I tried.
Too bad.  I like the looks of that.

They made this seat for my FJR. Really like it.

Attachments

• 219202015335.jpg
    219202015335.jpg
    216.1 KB · Views: 154
  • 21920201533.jpg
    21920201533.jpg
    267.6 KB · Views: 139
Just a thought for those looking for seat options.  I have used Terry's Custom Seats in Tennessee for three motorcycles (DR, Vstrom, Harley).  He does a great job and has been in the business for years.  His seats are made for you, and they cost less than most of the "comfort" seats you see.  I'm pretty darn comfy on the stocker, but if I change he will get my business again.

BvilleBud said:
Just a thought for those looking for seat options.  I have used Terry's Custom Seats in Tennessee for three motorcycles (DR, Vstrom, Harley).  He does a great job and has been in the business for years.  His seats are made for you, and they cost less than most of the "comfort" seats you see.  I'm pretty darn comfy on the stocker, but if I change he will get my business again.

https://www.terryscustomseats.com/

My only complaint is that he could not squeeze me into his schedule until this Nov. 2020, so I went another route ...