• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Possible North Arkansas rally?

alannodolf@yahoo.com

Howdy, I have an idea for a possible rally in northern Arkansas. South of Harrison, AR about 10 miles is the old Dogpatch theme park. The park is no more, and whether it ever comes back as something worth visiting is up in the air. However, at Dogpatch(Marble Falls), is a motel and convention center that is undergoing a total restoration, and expects to be open for business on the 1st of April, 2019. Rooms at the motel will have either one king bed, two queen beds, or one queen bed. Rates for the king and double queen rooms will be $75 for the first night, and $65 for the next two nights. Plenty of parking right in front of the rooms for bikes, a really large grassy area next to the motel for tent campers, and a large fire pit next to the motel. No electrical or water hook-ups for tent campers, but at least one room at the motel will be designated for showers and charging cell phones, Ipads, etc. Within a stone's throw from the motel is a large convention center, with multiple use areas, depending on space desired. Also, in the convention center is a restaurant that will be serving breakfast, lunch, and dinner. The sight is in northern Newton county, which has some of the best riding roads in the state, and good scenery to boot. Newton county is a dry county, but there is a liquor store 2 miles away, in Boone county.  I spoke with the owner of the motel and convention center, and told her about COG, and how COGgers are some of the coolest bikers she would ever meet, and she would love to have us there. Oh, I live about 3 miles from this sight, on 32 acres of primarily oak and hickory covered land, so firewood for the fire pit will not be a problem. If anyone is interested in this idea, let me know, and I will see what I can do.    On a side note, anyone who happens to be riding through the Harrison, AR, area and needs a place to camp, I would recommend the Harrison Village RV park. Camping rates are extremely reasonable, there are good grassy areas to pitch a tent, large and clean restrooms, and the managers(Bill and Vicki) are some of the nicest people you will meet, and they both ride.

This sounds like the old Hub location? Great area for a event.

Jim Snyder said:
I believe I will change the final fall fling to October next year.

There ya go Alan, pair up with Jim. Build it & they will come. Just be forewarned, you'll be dealing with those Texan's! Yes, that includes Ted.  :nananana:

Just Cliff said:

Jim Snyder said:

There ya go Alan, pair up with Jim. Build it & they will come. Just be forewarned, you'll be dealing with those Texan's! Yes, that includes Ted.  :nananana:

Yes by all means Alan holler at me and we will make an evil plan !!!

The MSTA (Motorcycle Sport Touring Association) is planning to have a rally there May 17-19th, 2019...I’ll probably go check it out...it’s a great area for riding!

Yes Cliff, this the old Hub location, with the motel right behind it. The owner told me the other day what it is going to be called when it opens, but I didn't write it down, so I forgot. The most beautiful time to see this area is either April, when the dogwoods and redbuds and daffodils are blooming, or October, when the leaves change colors. It can't be too close to RWTW, because after going this year, it will be on my list of must-dos every year. October is probably the best, because that will give the venue time to get opened up and any bugs worked out.

Jim Snyder said:
Just Cliff said:

Jim Snyder said:

You two making any progress?  :motonoises:

Just Cliff said:
Jim Snyder said:
Just Cliff said:

Jim Snyder said:

Not yet but greatness can't be rushed. I will call Alan this week and see what's up.

Just Cliff said:
Jim Snyder said:
Just Cliff said:

Jim Snyder said:

I spoke with Alan on Saturday. He is going to see the owner next week and get some definite details. As soon as we get them I will post it.

connie_rider said:
Anything new on this??

Ted
No sir not yet. Was wanting to do a drive by of the new facility when we go to Cliffs ride and then make a decision on pulling the trigger after we have seen the venue.

Rasmith said:
CRocker said:
The MSTA (Motorcycle Sport Touring Association) is planning to have a rally there May 17-19th, 2019...I’ll probably go check it out...it’s a great area for riding!

Phil Parker from Kawasaki Concours 14 / 1400GTR Enthusiasts posted a Rally for the same week

https://www.facebook.com/events/280356769321533/

Some of us don't have FB Rick, I'm curious though. Maybe they could be combined & intermingle some new faces in.  :)

Just Cliff said:
Rasmith said:
CRocker said:

Phil Parker from Kawasaki Concours 14 / 1400GTR Enthusiasts posted a Rally for the same week

https://www.facebook.com/events/280356769321533/

Some of us don't have FB Rick, I'm curious though. Maybe they could be combined & intermingle some new faces in.  :)

At least you don't have a flip phone anymore..;-)

Rasmith, this discussion is about us arranging an Arkansas ride in Oct or November.
It is going to happen.  We're waiting for final Motel decision...

The rides you noted seem to be in May??

NOTE: I couldn't get in either.
          I'm not a Facebook person either, and I also don't still have a Flip-Phone.  :rotflmao:

Ride safe, Ted

Update: The October date we hoped to use looks like a no-go.. {gloom}
            May have to do this sucker in September or November.

Ride safe, Ted

connie_rider said:
  We're waiting for final Motel decision...
Ride safe, Ted

Make sure there's a campground near or within a hour from my place.

connie_rider said:
Update: The October date we hoped to use looks like a no-go.. {gloom}
            May have to do this sucker in September or November.

Ride safe, Ted

Don't make it Sept. 12 - 15th, I have a previous engagement!  :)

The weekend after the Spider Rally would be ideal, at least for me. I like hitting the trifecta. RWTW, Spider, Arkansas Fall get together.  I have to keep wearing out those tires to catch up to Cliff.

Also, The Hunt for Red October and Barber are both in early Oct and I think there is something in Kentuck in the mix also. Too late in Oct could really hurt attendance from the tundra areas.

As soon as I get back to work I will post some possible dates. We will be looking over the possible venue while we are at Cliffs ride. Then we can make some executive decisions. Stay tuned.

lather said:
The Marble Falls resort is popular with MSTA,. I have not stayed at the motel but had lunch at the restauarant, it is nice and pretty unique. Seems like a good venue for an event. here is a link to info on MSTA event therehttp://www.ridemsta.com/mstaforums/index.php?action=post;msg=18571;topic=2809.0;calendar;eventid=363;dc9d5f4276a4=7ae8f6154fe23b7f1621aa77b32353a2
Can't open the link cause not registered on the site. Just signed up waiting on admin approval.

Jim Snyder said:
lather said:
The Marble Falls resort is popular with MSTA,. I have not stayed at the motel but had lunch at the restauarant, it is nice and pretty unique. Seems like a good venue for an event. here is a link to info on MSTA event therehttp://www.ridemsta.com/mstaforums/index.php?action=post;msg=18571;topic=2809.0;calendar;eventid=363;dc9d5f4276a4=7ae8f6154fe23b7f1621aa77b32353a2
Can't open the link cause not registered on the site. Just signed up waiting on admin approval.
Thanks for signing up Jim. So happens I am the admin and I approved your registration a while ago. Hopefully you got a notification from the system already.

lather said:
Jim Snyder said:
lather said:
Thanks for signing up Jim. So happens I am the admin and I approved your registration a while ago. Hopefully you got a notification from the system already.

Ok thanks.

Ok I am looking at October 18, 19, 20 as possible rally dates for an Arkansas ride. Tell me if this conflicts with anything else.

Jim Snyder said:
Ok I am looking at October 18, 19, 20 as possible rally dates for an Arkansas ride. Tell me if this conflicts with anything else.

Go for it, but I will not be making it.  :'(

We will likely be spending the month of October near Helen, GA. Enjoying cool weather, the leaves turning, Oktoberfest, and the awesome roads in the area. Not necessarily in that order.  :motonoises: :motonoises:

Similar here. We have just planned a family UTV trip for Hatfield McCoy trails in West Virginia leaving that weekend thru the 27th. Glad to see you got it moved up a little from last year's dates though.

Those dates work for me.

I checked the Calendar of Events and the only rally I see is; {Northeast / Russell Fleming) KAWASAKI C14 RIDERS and Friend’s RIDE.
I don't think a small rally in Arkansas will clash with that one.

Ride safe, Ted

I might just head over from GA, just have to pack my tenting gear. I'll have to ponder that a bit.

BTW, Jim, no matter which dates you pick, it will not work out for some and will work for others. As you a "herding the cats", pick your dates. I would stay away from the Barber weekend, however. And thanks for doing this.

I think I can swing this even if I'm flying back home That Friday. Little over 4 hour ride for me.

Ok waiting on nailing down hotel info and pricing. As soon as I get that I will be posting this on the calender.