• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Posting Pics

jonbadger

I have been trying to post a pic in the classified section or in a pm, and can’t seem to make it work. I am on an Apple Phone (mobile). The block that looks like a picture( above this text block) wants me to share a website? (Http.....). Help please!

I have been trying to post a pic in the classified section or in a pm, and can’t seem to make it work. I am on an Apple Phone (mobile). The block that looks like a picture( above this text block) wants me to share a website? (Http.....). Help please!
Have you tried the attach files button ?

Forum Subscribers cannot upload photos or files (the "Attach files" button does not show on forum subscriber accounts)

You can link to a photo somewhere else on the web via bbcode

Click on the two square brackets [ ] in the top right of the reply box. (the menu should gray out)

then enter the URL of the image between an [ i m g ] and [ / i m g ] that you must type in (without the extra spaces)

bbcode-link-image.jpg

When you click preview your image should show

Why does this have to be so hard to do? Some of us are not that well versed with computers.
As a member - you just click the attach files button and select your photo

or

Select the picture of the picture in the form you used to post your message (it's next to the chain links) and drag and drop your image
dragdrop-link-image.jpg

While I appreciate the value of being a paid member, my wife does not. I understand keeping tech pages, past issues of concouier behind a pay wall, but this seems like it’s meant to drive people away from joining. Just my 2C.

I didn't realize the forum subscriber difference . Was wondering why so many were still doing the weird picture link thing .

Every photo or file uploaded uses up the limited space COG has on their paid servers, so that function is reserved for the Members that are paying for those very servers.