• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Praying to the Japanese bike Gods !!!

jim snyder

For the first time in many years a Suzuki is leading the points in NHRA Pro Stock Motorcycle going into the playoffs. The Jap bikes used to rule the pro stock class. That is until NHRA gave the Harley V-twins a 53 cubic inch advantage in motor displacement. The Harleys get 160 c.i. while the inline 4 cylinders only get 107 c.i. engines. I just hope the Suzuki can dominate the playoffs and take the crown away from the cubic inch advantaged V-twins. Come on baby. Maybe we will even see a ZX-14 back in the top of the field next year also. 

Hi,
      I owned a Suzuki 1100 for awhile. ;D

That inline 4,(in different configerations), is used for everything from drag racing to sport touring! >:D

It IS a bullet proof engine! :great:

Attachments

• 20160406_085000_suzuki-gsx-r-1000-sbk-hot-babe.JPG
    20160406_085000_suzuki-gsx-r-1000-sbk-hot-babe.JPG
    344.9 KB · Views: 190
If so, why aren't the racers using twin cylinder sport bikes?
I would think a Japanese {or Euro} twin / Sport bike would really benefit.

I suspect that somewhere in the rules is a requirement that hurts them, and targets the Harley?

Ride safe, Ted

connie_rider said:
If so, why aren't the racers using twin cylinder sport bikes?
I would think a Japanese {or Euro} twin / Sport bike would really benefit.

I suspect that somewhere in the rules is a requirement that hurts them, and targets the Harley?

Ride safe, Ted

Its the 2 valves per cylinder rule that's gets them. The modern Japanese V-twins probably all have 4 valves per cylinder. It just sucks that NHRA rolls over and gives the Harleys such an advantage. The Kawasaki's and Suzuki's were what made pro stock the attraction that it is. 

The cubic inch advantage is for any 60° pushrod V-Twin, teams running the 45° Harley Davidson Revolution motor do not get the advantage. The rule was enacted to level the playing field based on RPM capabilities.

Ask the AMA. From flat track, road racing, drags, motocross, off road. From weight penalties to motor mods. Always been a bias. IMHO one of the reasons Harley and American (English too) brands suffer. Had they been forced to compete, instead of "leveling playing fields" by rules I think they would be better off. JMO. Same thing happened to the auto industry. Thankfully they realized it (late but in time) and are recovering.

Funny thing neither of the engine we are talking about have any parts from Harley-Davidson or Suzuki. In fact most of these motors in Pro Stock beer Harley or Suzuki are built by Vance & Hines.

I  thought the 4-cyl motors had to have a certain number of production parts?  like maybe blocks, heads and other items...

Nickrides said:
What is that HOT model babe doing with her clothes on?
Get those things OFF

That was posted by Sea Giant. He used to have collection of err tasteful Hot Model Biker Babe's.
I don't think I've seen him post any of them in some time.  :-[
Sea Giant, are you out there???  ;)

Ride safe, Ted

connie_rider said:
Nickrides said:
What is that HOT model babe doing with her clothes on?
Get those things OFF

That was posted by Sea Giant. He used to have collection of err tasteful Hot Model Biker Babe's.
I don't think I've seen him post any of them in some time.  :-[
Sea Giant, are you out there???  ;)

Ride safe, Ted

Please let the sleeping "Sea Giant" rest. The pics belong elsewhere IMO!

Yes, there was some controversy some time ago... we got several reminders that we do have a number of ladies that are quite active in the club (my wife is one of them). Seagiant was graceful about it, and toned it down. He's not been around for a while, but still a member.
We all go through slow periods, hopefully he's in one of those and will come back.

Jorge said:
Yes, there was some controversy some time ago... we got several reminders that we do have a number of ladies that are quite active in the club (my wife is one of them). Seagiant was graceful about it, and toned it down. He's not been around for a while, but still a member.
We all go through slow periods, hopefully he's in one of those and will come back.

Cool  :great: