• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Preparation is Key!

Keith S

It was a great Saturday afternoon project...after almost exactly one year of owning my '18 with 7,300 miles, it was time to dump the stock tires for some new Pilot Road 4 GTs.  I did the job myself, and although it took a lot longer than I expected, I finally reached the point to go for a test ride.  I backed the bike down the driveway - you know, like I've done many, many times before.  I still have no idea how I got off-balance coming down the curb into the street. But, it got to the point of no-return and I just had to let it drop.

In case anyone still questions whether Top Block Tip Over protection does the job, I've got proof!  Absolutely no part of the bike touched the ground except for the lower edge of the Top Block.  Even that had a barely-noticeable scrape. My pride had a far bigger bruise.  Picking it back up was also an interesting experiment, but the "walk it up backwards" approach worked really well. 

Oh yeah, the PR4's are GREAT!

Attachments

• IMG_5600.jpg
    IMG_5600.jpg
    330 KB · Views: 245
Thanks for posting.  Very helpful.  I'm in the looking to decide which version to go with mode.  This clinches it for me.  Be a while before I take the plunge, but that's nice.

Tanks for manning up to the report, glad I have Top Blocks and hope I don't need to use them. Did you remember to pump your brakes back up after tire reinstall? That half second it adds to feather the brakes has caught a few off guard.

I did make sure the brakes were pumped back up. So, either I was giddy with excitement to try out the new tires, or I was overly-fatigued from wrestling with a tire iron (remounting that front was a bear).

Congratualtions - it took a bit, but you are CDA #0563

And that pic you added really brings the feels home.

Be careful out there.