• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Prescott AZ Fun Day

OMoaC

Here's the gist. I think I found decent lodging .7 mile from historic old town Prescott (Known as Whiskey row but that may not show in the Calendar posting  :-X) For 68 bucks a night. Easy Peasy walking distance for food and adult bev's after the riding is done. Think I'll ride out Sat Nov 11 and home the 12th but could be talked into riding out Nov 10 (OMC's Bday and of course The United States Marine Corps Birthday. It takes precedence. Been around longer than my old butt). So's, if anyone wants to come in Friday night let me know. I can be persuaded, and there is some great riding in the area for a Sat run. Look for the Calendar posting soon. In the meantime, TALK ME INTO IT. May even be able to drag the Counterweight (She balances me) in on this one  :) :beerchug:

I thought you wrote 'Prescott Valley, AZ' until I read it more closely.

My sister-in-law and her husband technically live in Dewey-Humboldt.  There is a good steak place along Hwy 89 called Leff-T's Steak House & Grill.
find Leff-T's Steak House & Grill

Wife and I visited Sonoma too while visiting them.  They invited me to ride around down there anytime.  Maybe I will someday from up here in Wisconsin.

I haven't been in Prescott in a couple of years, but last time we were there, the only great place we found to eat was the El Gato Azul.  Although it was the 4th of July weekend, so many places were just too crowded for us to get in. 
https://www.elgatoazulprescott.com/.
o.jpg

El Gato Azul had pretty good food, a small outdoor seating area with really nice live music, and good drinks. 
That pretty much checked all the boxes for me.

We also visited Dry Gulch Steakhouse on the advice of a local.. I will not go back there.  It's kinda one of those places the locals keep going because they know people there, not because the food is good.

I'm gonna see if I can con the significant other into attending with me.  She's not a fan of long rides, but stranger things have happened.

Let me know when you have lodging info firmed up.  I doubt my significant other will accompany me, but that's cool either way. 
I'm thinking I'll work Friday morning, bug out at noon and be on the road south from Las Vegas by 1pm on Friday.  :motonoises::beerchug:
muutt.gif

That's much easier for me than taking an entire day off. 

ManWorkingHere said:

Wife and I visited Sonoma too while visiting them.  They invited me to ride around down there anytime.  Maybe I will someday from up here in Wisconsin.

You can always fly into Phoenix and rent a bike for the weekend.. GO AZ in Scottsdale has a very nice selection of motorcycles for rent. 

FTL900 said:
Let me know when you have lodging info firmed up.  I doubt my significant other will accompany me, but that's cool either way. 
I'm thinking I'll work Friday morning, bug out at noon and be on the road south from Las Vegas by 1pm on Friday.  :motonoises::beerchug:
muutt.gif

Should have firmed up and on the calendar by end of this weekend. Spent last Sat meeting up with Dip  ;) and others, and this weekend in Kernville staying chilly.  :motonoises: :great: :beerchug: Gettin' my miles on  :)

That margarita and el gato place looks pretty good to me. Have to see how the weather holds out here in the high country.

Old Man on a Connie said:
FTL900 said:
muutt.gif

Should have firmed up and on the calendar by end of this weekend. Spent last Sat meeting up with Dip  ;) and others, and this weekend in Kernville staying chilly.  :motonoises: :great: :beerchug: Gettin' my miles on  :)

OMC,  I think he's branded for life with that one!      :D

Jet Fixer said:
FTL900 said:
muutt.gif

OMC,  I think he's branded for life with that one!      :D
Watch for a forum name change soon  :)) :)) :))

I'll get to shop at my favorite place when we're in Prescott.  :))

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    119 KB · Views: 121
After 636 miles in 2 days to/from Kernville, my shoulder has been tested and is good to go!  Therefore I am IN for this!

I'm thinking of riding out Friday.

Here's what I've got folks. Weekend of Nov 10,11,12 Rooms for 65 bucks a night +tax. When calling mention Concours Owners Group. No pets accepted so use your own judgment on what to leave at home. http://www.heritagehouse.us/contact-us/        https://goo.gl/maps/4L7BGvWZj3p            I'll have this on the calendar tonight or tomorrow. Come meet Dip (damn that was a funny moment)! I'll try to get the slide show sorted by then. Great roads and local history to see. Site of the Territorial Rally Regional. Veterans day and USMC Birthday weekend. I'll be down on Friday and thinking of running the 89 in, then Sedona on Sat and Skull valley/Bagdad out on Sun. Post up your plans! C U in Prescott  :motonoises: :great: :beerchug: ;)

I looked at the reviews on Google. More pos than neg. Same on yelp. When I spoke with the desk she made sure only 2 per room. Also about pets. Told her we were a MC group so no worries there  :)). She seemed OK with that. She also pointed out rooms are non smoking. I explained we had smokers (me) but we were respectful. Only one way to find out. No workey no returney. Besides, we are a quiet bunch. All the events I've been to we've left the area cleaner than we found it and respected other's. As it should be. We shall C. SWCOG has a pretty good rep with lodging spots. They all want us back so.............. :great: :beerchug: And I am wide open for suggestions.

Cool, sounds like we're going in eyes open.  That's all I wanted to know.  I saw positive reviews as well.

OK, I have a room for Friday and Saturday nights, I spoke with Grace on the phone and she seemed nice enough.
She said a week cancellation notice since there are several rooms involved. 

I'm planning to leave Las Vegas around 1pm on Friday if anyone wants to ride along or pick up along the way. 
I'll be passing through Kingman and getting gas around 2:30 and be rolling into Prescott around 5pm. 

CaffeineMan said:
After 636 miles in 2 days to/from Kernville, my shoulder has been tested and is good to go!  Therefore I am IN for this!
I'm thinking of riding out Friday.

CaffeineMan, if you're rolling out on Friday after lunch, I'm right on the SW corner of Las Vegas, 2 blocks from IKEA... right at Durango & 215. 

prescott_map.png

Check that 89 in from the south. Takes a bit more time but worth it IMHO. Takes you through Yarnell (the new movie about the lost smoke jumpers). Great elevation climb. Or through Bagdad. Suhweet road. Me likey.  I'll be moving out late morn on Friday from Hendo. If you have the chance run the 66 from Kingman through Seligman. Not a great twisty road but some fun Burma shave signs to read and cool nostalgia. Looking forward to meeting you!  :great: :beerchug:

So you're saying down 93 from Kingman almost to  Wickenburg, then turn north on 89?  That 93 route was a very pleasant ride coming out of Phoenix when I bought my FJR in August and rode it home to Las Vegas.  I've ridden the 89 south from Prescott a few years ago, probably not quite as far as Yarnell and then turned back... once we were out of the mountains, it was just flat and wide open. 

Now that you mention it, the I-40 route and then dropping into Prescott from the north on 89 was a pretty *yawn* drive.  Not much up there.

If you get out of town late on Friday, let me know.  I am planning to leave work at noon in Summerlin, have the bike already all packed up and waiting in the garage, so arriving home at 12:20, I could conceivably be on the road by 12:45 or 1.

Aye. The 93 is kind of a lazy river ride. The 71/89 is a plains ride until you hit the elevation climb. My planned route in. https://goo.gl/maps/Qk2rf2zhKAK2
For a Sat ride I propose this. The AZ locals will have to chime in as some of this route looks like dirt (OMC don't do dirt on the 14 hunney) https://goo.gl/maps/UfTftP1XVT42
Route back through Bagdad. Great weaves through arroyos with ups and downs and nice twisties, https://goo.gl/maps/HjLRZSs5wq42 Good fun. Departure plans are open. I took Friday off and it's only a 4/5 hr ride. I suspect you can catch up as I stop every 60/100 miles for a stretch.

You do have a dirt section of road on your sat route by lake montezuma. You'll probably want to jump on the interstate where 179 meets up with it. Take it south to 169.
Another option is 89a through oak creek canyon. The top part from switchbacks to Flagstaff is all newly redone with passing lanes. Brand new pavement and widened this summer. Just recently finished. Mark

FTL900 said:
I haven't been in Prescott in a couple of years, but last time we were there, the only great place we found to eat was the El Gato Azul.  Although it was the 4th of July weekend, so many places were just too crowded for us to get in. 
https://www.elgatoazulprescott.com/.

El Gato Azul had pretty good food, a small outdoor seating area with really nice live music, and good drinks. 
That pretty much checked all the boxes for me.

Hey, I just realized that El Gato Azul was the place I happened to pick for dinner when Jeff and I rode through on our way back from the Big Bend rally last October.  I enjoyed it and would be up for that again.  It's not exactly large, so it may depend on how many we have.

Of course, I'm always up for a good steak, too!

Aye. The 93 is kind of a lazy river ride. The 71/89 is a plains ride until you hit the elevation climb. My planned route in. https://goo.gl/maps/Qk2rf2zhKAK2
For a Sat ride I propose this. The AZ locals will have to chime in as some of this route looks like dirt (OMC don't do dirt on the 14 hunney) https://goo.gl/maps/UfTftP1XVT42
Route back through Bagdad. Great weaves through arroyos with ups and downs and nice twisties, https://goo.gl/maps/HjLRZSs5wq42 Good fun. Departure plans are open. I took Friday off and it's only a 4/5 hr ride. I suspect you can catch up as I stop every 60/100 miles for a stretch.

Is this route too long?  Mr. Butler says it has orange, red, and gold goodness.  I rode some of this on my trip out to Big Bend last year:

232 miles, 5 hrs 20 minutes, a modification of OMC's route:
- OMC's route to Sedona
- North from Sedona on 89a
- South on Rt 3 past Mormon Lake, through Happy Jack (no twisties, but pleasant piney scenery)
- Back to Camp Verde (some twisties, including a gold section
- Down I-17 to hook back up with 169
- OMC's route back to Prescott

https://goo.gl/maps/XXGH9r541K12

CaffeineMan that looks very doable provided we can get ourselves in gear on Saturday morning. I am planning to do the OMC route for the most part; inbound via Yarnell and outbound via Skull Valley and Bagdad. Planning to leave Hendo not later than 9AM Fri and will likely explore that pair of red sections right outside Prescott before settling in with a cool beverage. FTL900, look forward to riding with you; I figured our paths would cross again one of these days.

Attachments

• Prescott_j.jpg
    Prescott_j.jpg
    258.9 KB · Views: 114
  • Prescott_area_j.jpg
    Prescott_area_j.jpg
    292 KB · Views: 108
CaffeineMan said:

Is this route too long?  Mr. Butler says it has orange, red, and gold goodness.  I rode some of this on my trip out to Big Bend last year:

232 miles, 5 hrs 20 minutes, a modification of OMC's route:
- OMC's route to Sedona
- North from Sedona on 89a
- South on Rt 3 past Mormon Lake, through Happy Jack (no twisties, but pleasant piney scenery)
- Back to Camp Verde (some twisties, including a gold section
- Down I-17 to hook back up with 169
- OMC's route back to Prescott

https://goo.gl/maps/XXGH9r541K12

Brain glad you posted this was going to put this out there as well. A good place for breakfast or lunch on this ride is the Backburner Family Restaurant on Robert Road just south of 89a in Prescott Valley, mom and pop type restaurant open from 6am till 2pm. 

GSCOTT, I'm glad you have a handle on that.  A good breakfast is important to me before a day of riding, it sets the tone for the whole day!!      :great:

Chime in with your routes and plans folks. You never know, you may meet your next life long riding buddy, Or you can meet Dip. He'll be coming up from the south  :)) It's a funny story.

Chime in with your routes and plans folks. You never know, you may meet your next life long riding buddy, Or you can meet Dip. He'll be coming up from the south  :)) It's a funny story.

:017: :017: :017: :017: :017: :-[

I'm leaving from the southwest corner of Las Vegas around 12:30 to 1pm, and headed south along this route. 
Fairly leisurely pace, with 2-3 stops along the way.  I'll stop in Kingman for gas, and probably stop again around Congress or so.
Anybody that wants to meet up and ride together, I'm flexible.

prescott_map.png

FTL, gas in Congress intersection of 71 and 89 no other choices just changed to Shell and prices really went up.

Gscott said:
FTL, gas in Congress intersection of 71 and 89 no other choices just changed to Shell and prices really went up.

Thanks, when I checked there for a gas station online it said $2.66 a gallon, but you know how that goes.  I could squeeze and make the entire trip without a gas stop if I really had to, so after gassing up in Kingman, Congress will be a leg stretch mostly.  Thanks for the info!!

Same route. You may catch me. I usually stop at Rosies for a stretch and to check in, Gas in kingman. Stop in wikiup for a stretch, Gas in Congress, Stretch at the Hot Shots memorial to bow the head, Pic stop at the top of the 89 for viewing pleasure and into Prescott. Not sure on departure time yet but most likely before noon. Will be a lazy ride which means about a dime above but many stops and stretches and photo takin'.

New Hot Shots memorial on 89 access from southbound only, your on it then past it very quickly, downhill side of Yarnell.
At least I don't remember a way to get to it from northbound.

FTL and OMC,  Will this put you in Congress around 4 PM? Not sure if going to be able to make this trip or not, have medical tests the week before to see if they can do surgery on the 13th.     

Somewhere between 2 and 4. I'll be on a easy peasy ride in with no schedule. Hope you can make it Scott.

Wandring is coming down and will probably set my departure time so......if he doesn't get a flat..........break a peg..............hit a deer.........have to route around a fire or storm..........photo a model..............we should be in good shape  ;) And thanks to Dgold I now have a fresh can of rubber glue  :)

Is anyone interested in 4 wheeling around the Sedona area? Thinking of possibly bringing the Jeep instead of the bike if anyone wanted to go on Saturday. Beautiful scenery on some of those trails.

Charby said:
Is anyone interested in 4 wheeling around the Sedona area? Thinking of possibly bringing the Jeep instead of the bike if anyone wanted to go on Saturday. Beautiful scenery on some of those trails.
Oh my. I do love some axle flexin.

Mark,

Are you pretty sure you are going to use the ingress route you have posted or is it still up in the air?
I'm looking at possibilities for meeting up with you south bounders at some point on Friday 
May drag Dan along as well depending on how many wheels he decides to be riding on.    ;D

Jet Fixer said:
Mark,

Are you pretty sure you are going to use the ingress route you have posted or is it still up in the air?
I'm looking at possibilities for meeting up with you south bounders at some point on Friday 
May drag Dan along as well depending on how many wheels he decides to be riding on.    ;D
For me Aye Sir. Dip (yes, I am still laughing) needs to keep me posted as I may book a seat in his rig for Sat as long as there is room for my soft sided Ice Chest. If he scares me though I may need to Uber back to central.

Jet Fixer said:
Mark,

For me Aye Sir. Dip (yes, I am still laughing) needs to keep me posted as I may book a seat in his rig for Sat as long as there is room for my soft sided Ice Chest. If he scares me though I may need to Uber back to central.

Copy that sir.  I will look for a good place to rendezvous with you guys Friday afternoon.  I'll get back to you on that.

+1 on the soft sided cooler!      :great:

I will have to head for home early afternoon on Saturday so if you are good with it, we can celebrate your and the Corps B-days Friday evening. 
Adult beverages and a good C-gar ifin you are inclined ??

Hey Mark,

Looked at your route map.  I think the Shell station in Congress at the 71/89 intersection is best.
Have a guesstimate as to what time you might get there?  I'll plan accordingly.
I'm going to leave home early and head for the high country then through Jerome, maybe lunch, then to Congress to meet up with y'all.    :)

Jet Fixer said:
Hey Mark,

Looked at your route map.  I think the Shell station in Congress at the 71/89 intersection is best.
Have a guesstimate as to what time you might get there?  I'll plan accordingly.
I'm going to leave home early and head for the high country then through Jerome, maybe lunch, then to Congress to meet up with y'all.    :)
I'll give you a shout when I depart. Prolly be there around 1p. Gonna hang for Keith to C. I'd be proud to hoist one for the Corps on Friday (heck, maybe 2)

Wandring is coming down and will probably set my departure time so......if he doesn't get a flat..........break a peg..............hit a deer.........have to route around a fire or storm..........photo a model..............we should be in good shape  ;)
I didn't book any of these adventure add-ons for this trip so we should be good.

If I'm in Hendo by 10:30am does that work?

WANDRNG said:
Wandring is coming down and will probably set my departure time so......if he doesn't get a flat..........break a peg..............hit a deer.........have to route around a fire or storm..........photo a model..............we should be in good shape  ;)
I didn't book any of these adventure add-ons for this trip so we should be good.

If I'm in Hendo by 10:30am does that work?
You can book these in advance?  :-\ Yeah no worries no pressure. About a 4 hr ride down and can be adjusted as appropo.  Can I book a hot model photo shoot in advance? Please note I asked for hot model shoot. Preferably of the feminine gender.  ;)

My son and I are hoping to make it......trying to work out whether we can leave Friday or have to wait til Saturday AM early. :beerchug:

My Cherokee is down for repairs, someone tried to steal her and broke the steering column all to he!!. Are you doing the Pink Jeep trails or ?? There is a lot of great off road in Sedona.

I'm going up Yarnell hill Fri afternoon, so maybe I'll be meeting up with you all.

Cdawg

Well - I was hoping to cross one of the Sierra passes and ride in to and join up with gang heading south out of the Vegas area, via Death Valley or 168/95

But lots of snow this weekend will be closing the passes, and probably for the winter. Not really interested in another snow adventure this year.

So the boring slab route it is. Barstow is lovely this time of year (or at least the road is open)

WANDRNG said:
Well - I was hoping to cross one of the Sierra passes and ride in to and join up with gang heading south out of the Vegas area, via Death Valley or 168/95

But lots of snow this weekend will be closing the passes, and probably for the winter. Not really interested in another snow adventure this year.
Wow!  We still can't get a week without a 90+ deg day in it and you have mountain passes closed for
Snow!

Someone suggested we needed a shirt for the weekend, so I put this together based on the original graphic that someone else made.
The shirt at this link is their Sport-tek material.. I like it better than cotton.  It doesn't shrink or fade, and it wears well.  You can also select anything else- other colors than white, different shirt types, sweatshirt, etc.  I prefer this method to the old school way of ordering 20 or 30 shirts, collecting all the money, and having leftovers or running out of a popular size.  Choose what you want and order it. 

PRO TIP- Look on their website, they always have a 15% (or more) discount code.   

ZAZZLE is very good about returns.  If you buy it and don't like what you get, email them and they'll refund your money with no hassle.

WATCH THE SHIPPING ESTIMATE AT CHECKOUT.  I didn't much pay attention but it looks like it's gonna be close, or cost extra for rush shipping.  I bought one today and it says it'll arrive between Nov. 7th and 9th with regular shipping.  Maybe it was kinda late in the game to do a shirt.
trash.png

https://www.zazzle.com/arizona_fun_days_2017_t_shirt-235955031935705774

arizona-flag-1.png

My son and I will be there!  We plan to arrive from Tucson on Friday afternoon.  He’ll be the one on the LOUD 1986 HD Softail.....a beautiful specimen.  We are going to ride to Globe, then up past Roosevelt to Payson, Pine, and over to Camp Verde, then across 169 and into Prescott.  That ride alone is worth the trip.  We’ll be bunked at the super non-swanky Heritage House Motel near Whiskey Row.  I am looking forward to a ceegar, a cold drink and fellowship outdoors in the cool evening.  Excited to see you all!  Hoping also to find a nice steakhouse!  I heard one suggestion....”Leftys”....any others?  Last time I was there my favorite had closed down.  Lookin for another.  Anyone is welcome to ride up with us on Friday.  I know this route very well and enjoy it more each time I ride it.

You guy's friggen Rock! Grass roots design and Tshirt arrangements. How very cool!  :beerchug: :great: Tom, look forward to Cing you and meeting yer boy! Ya'll ride safe, enjoy the roads and CU there. PS, My birthday gift list is on Amazon and Lee's Discount Liquor just so ya know  ;)

WANDRNG said:

So the boring slab route it is. Barstow is lovely this time of year (or at least the road is open)
Grab that 66 out of Barstow along the 40. Not spectacular but better than slab, and some interesting photo ops. Just rode it coming back from Kernville. Gas in Newberry springs will get you to Needles. I can meet you in Kingman, Needles or intersection of 66 and 95.

Jet Fixer said:
WANDRNG said:

Wow!  We still can't get a week without a 90+ deg day in it and you have mountain passes closed for
Snow!

Send the snow my way!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    237.6 KB · Views: 126
Godzilla said:
My son and I will be there!  We plan to arrive from Tucson on Friday afternoon.  He’ll be the one on the LOUD 1986 HD Softail.....a beautiful specimen.  We are going to ride to Globe, then up past Roosevelt to Payson, Pine, and over to Camp Verde, then across 169 and into Prescott.  That ride alone is worth the trip.  We’ll be bunked at the super non-swanky Heritage House Motel near Whiskey Row.  I am looking forward to a ceegar, a cold drink and fellowship outdoors in the cool evening.  Excited to see you all!  Hoping also to find a nice steakhouse!  I heard one suggestion....”Leftys”....any others?  Last time I was there my favorite had closed down.  Lookin for another.  Anyone is welcome to ride up with us on Friday.  I know this route very well and enjoy it more each time I ride it.

What to do? What to do? Depends what time I get off Friday. Meet Jet Fixer early or ride up with Godzilla or if it's gonna be later, take the Jeep up.  :017:

Charby said:
Godzilla said:

What to do? What to do? Depends what time I get off Friday. Meet Jet Fixer early or ride up with Godzilla or if it's gonna be later, take the Jeep up.  :017:

I have a few suggestions that may help with your dilemma Dan.
Suggestion no.1 ... blow off work entirely on Friday.    ;D
All additional suggestions will be determined by your decision regarding suggestion no.1.  Get back to me with that.    :)) :))

I wish I could blow off the whole day, but taking the whole day off requires vacation time, which I have none of because I'm new. 
Whereas taking off at noon is a *wink wink nod nod* with the boss. 

I am starting to save up my vacation for Ride the Rockies next June tho, that's gonna be an epic week!! 

Jet Fixer said:
Charby said:
Godzilla said:

I have a few suggestions that may help with your dilemma Dan.
Suggestion no.1 ... blow off work entirely on Friday.    ;D
All additional suggestions will be determined by your decision regarding suggestion no.1.  Get back to me with that.    :)) :))

That was my original plan but found out my coworker is on vacation next week so not sure what time I can sneak out. :73:

Looks like Weather should be pretty sweet according to the weather guessers ( I am not liable for weather guesser predictions).

Charby, Jet Fixer.....lookin forward to seeing you guys!  On Sunday we’ll be taking 17 and 10 home in a hurry because my son has to continue on to Las Cruces same day.  Dan, hopefully no kooks on 17 this time!!

Godzilla said:
Charby, Jet Fixer.....lookin forward to seeing you guys!  On Sunday we’ll be taking 17 and 10 home in a hurry because my son has to continue on to Las Cruces same day.  Dan, hopefully no kooks on 17 this time!!

Yes sir!  Like wise.    :great:  It's been a while.
I talked to Dan this afternoon.  Still a possibility he may be able to leave Tucson early Friday morning.  We'll hope for the best.
At any rate we should all be there Friday night for an adult beverage and a good smoke.  (have to celebrate the Old Man's and the United States Marine Corps birthdays you know).  :great: :great:

I will have to head back Saturday evening myself so I understand the slab run home.
Glad you guys are going to make it.  Should be fun.

See ya Friday.

Godzilla said:

I was going to leave Prescott before you in case you pi$$ somebody else off.  :D

Godzilla said:

What time are you leaving Tucson?

Was hoping an early start to get to Oracle/Catalina before rush hr gets too crazy...but we're flexible somewhat.  It's not a full days ride for sure, even the way we're going.  Let me know what you're thinking Dan.

Weather is holding out here in the high country so I'm going to join in on the fun.  I'll be riding from Flagstaff on friday afternoon, might take the scenic route through Sedona, Jerome and over Mingus mtn.  It looks like I won't be the only FJR rider so all is well. See you all then.  Mark

It looks like no more rooms are available at Heritage House. I put myself on a cancellation list so we'll see what happens. Mark

Sparkie said:
It looks like no more rooms are available at Heritage House. I put myself on a cancellation list so we'll see what happens. Mark

Ask around and see who's in a room with 2 beds.  I am not or I'd share space.

My room has 2 queen size beds, so if you need a spot and an old cranky sailor doesn't offend your sensibilities, I'll split the room

Sparkie said:

Mark, I ended making reservations up the street at the days inn cause I was told the same. Got a room with two queens (beds that is  :D). Your welcome to stay there. Got them cheap using points.  :great:

[/quote]

Mark, I ended making reservations up the street at the days inn cause I was told the same. Got a room with two queens (beds that is  :D). Your welcome to stay there. Got them cheap using points.  :great:
[/quote]

Sounds good to me. See you friday. Mark

Hi!

Is there anyone traveling from Denver area?
I was planning to play a 'find a good place to camp' game moving out Friday evening, riding in the dark until I'm sleeping on bike, then erecting a tent somewhere.

https://goo.gl/maps/6GTyRt7fxFk

Hope to see you :)

A longer route would be to drop down into new Mexico, but it'll get warmer sooner and you'd miss the I-70 weather, although Utah looks pretty decent once you get out of the mountains.

There are a few stealth camping apps, but I can't put my fingers on one right now.  maybe try CouchSurfing.com, they have an app.
ADV Rider also has a tent space thread where other riders all over the world let people stay overnight.  I've hosted a few.

Good luck with the ride, and keep us posted on your progress!!

xcore said:
Hi!

Is there anyone traveling from Denver area?
I was planning to play a 'find a good place to camp' game moving out Friday evening, riding in the dark until I'm sleeping on bike, then erecting a tent somewhere.

https://goo.gl/maps/6GTyRt7fxFk

Hope to see you :)
COOL! Try this Alex https://goo.gl/maps/KJkMdEaNdw82 The Baymont inn in Cortez took good care of us. Tell them your with the Concours Owners Group. Sticker should still be in the window. You get the million dollar hwy and a great ride through the nations with awesome desert vistas and a great ride down from Flag through Sedonna.

Riding up from the valley Friday. Payson to Camp Verde over to Jerome then Prescott. Hope to grab a beer or 2 with y'all.  :beerchug:

BE said:
Riding up from the valley Friday. Payson to Camp Verde over to Jerome then Prescott. Hope to grab a beer or 2 with y'all.  :beerchug:
Cool Brad! Hope to C U there.

BE said:

Keep an eye out for Connies. Godzilla and his son are going that way also.

COOL! Try this Alex https://goo.gl/maps/KJkMdEaNdw82 The Baymont inn in Cortez took good care of us. Tell them your with the Concours Owners Group. Sticker should still be in the window. You get the million dollar hwy and a great ride through the nations with awesome desert vistas and a great ride down from Flag through Sedonna.

That cuts right through the area where we're riding next June- the whole SW corner of Colorado- Montrose, Telluride, Durango, Delores, Cortez, etc. 

I'm mostly packed for tomorrow but running into minor delays.  I ordered a new helmet to get here well before the trip and they sent it to my old address in Seattle.  We finally got it slowed down and turned around in Portland, so originally coming from San Diego, it's supposed to be back down here by noon tomorrow.  Then I won't have Sena speakers in it, so I'll install those and pop on a new faceshield before leaving town.

Anyone bringing adult refreshments along? Red solo cups?  I don't have a good feel for how social we can get in their hotel parking lot. 

FTL900 said:

That cuts right through the area where we're riding next June- the whole SW corner of Colorado- Montrose, Telluride, Durango, Delores, Cortez, etc. 

I'm mostly packed for tomorrow but running into minor delays.  I ordered a new helmet to get here well before the trip and they sent it to my old address in Seattle.  We finally got it slowed down and turned around in Portland, so originally coming from San Diego, it's supposed to be back down here by noon tomorrow.  Then I won't have Sena speakers in it, so I'll install those and pop on a new faceshield before leaving town.

Anyone bringing adult refreshments along? Red solo cups?  I don't have a good feel for how social we can get in their hotel parking lot.

It's a requirement to be very social.  >:D

FTL900 said:

I shall be bringing a frozen concoction named Jim Beam in the flavor of honey, As long as we are quite and respectful of others, when the riding is done, I suspect much imbibing may take place, with many a laugh, giggle and ribbing. All in good fun and a feeling of camaraderie.  Did someone say Dip! A Burky'd tire? A broken C14 peg? A tire plug with dried up cement? Stories shall be told and legends created.  :great: :beerchug: :) And BTW a 3 day trip with a new helmet? May be a new teaser  :) Pink Ear?

I'll be there.  Doug (4kless) and I will be heading out from Vegas a little after 10.

I'm actually staying at this place, walking distance from Whiskey Row.

http://www.themotorlodge.com

What time and what place for dinner Friday night?

:beerchug:

:great:  if you guys run late at all, I'll ride with ya. It'll probably be closer to 1 before I'm headed out of town.

Cannot make it....Hope all have a great time! Look forward to hearing about all the adventures and checking out the photos! Have fun and safe travels!

:motonoises:  :motonoises:    :great:

Enjoy the rides this weekend, Cannot make it,  If NASCAR was not in Phoenix this weekend, I would be there!
Ride Safe, Enjoy!! :motonoises:  :mad:

I'm packed and ready to ride, just waiting on that new helmet to get here.  I hate to leave, and have a brand new helmet sitting on my porch 15 minutes after I'm gone riding.  As soon as that arrives, I'll pop in Sena speakers and a new faceshield, and I'll be on the road.

Helmet arrived, swapped the face shield, got the Sena installed. 
I'll be on the road in 20 minutes or so, around 3pm Las Vegas time.  That'll put me there around 8pm or a little after, with the time difference.

Cory and I had a blast this weekend!  Got home to Tucson safely, loaded the HD up and got him headed for home in Las Cruces. Thanks for everything Mark!  Hotel was great!  Riding and weather were perfect!  Special thanks to Charby and Jet Fixer for their demonstrated instructions on identifying LEO vehicles....verrrry helpful!  Great group of people to ride and bench-race with.  Looking forward to next time!

A few pics from the weekend... these are cropped, resized, and uploaded at 1024.  If you'd like the original, email me at FTL900@gmail.com and give me a clue which pictures you'd like.      Great to meet everyone!!

P1020174.png

P1020208.png

P1020204.png

P1020203.png

P1020201.png

P1020199.png

P1020195.png

P1020191.png

P1020189-cr.png

P1020188-cr.png

P1020210.png

P1020185.jpg

Godzilla said:
Cory and I had a blast this weekend!  Got home to Tucson safely, loaded the HD up and got him headed for home in Las Cruces. Thanks for everything Mark!  Hotel was great!  Riding and weather were perfect!  Special thanks to Charby and Jet Fixer for their demonstrated instructions on identifying LEO vehicles....verrrry helpful!  Great group of people to ride and bench-race with.  Looking forward to next time!

Home safely and a great weekend also. As always, good to meet new friends and fun times to share. John and I did discuss giving classes on identifying unmarked SHERIFF trucks. Stay tuned for times and dates.  ::)