• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Progress Report On New Forum Software

Bud

How's it coming with the new forum software and when is it expected to roll out?  Just wondering. :)

It is moving along, though a bit more slowly than I would like. 

Just this past weekend, three of us spent several hours setting up the various membership fields and levels.  Still not finished with them, but we made a lot of progress.

Right now our IT Officer is working on the server setup or something like that.  The server stuff is a bit over my head.

Once we get the server stuff done, I expect it will move a little more quickly because after that, it is mostly doing some final testing and then migrating the information over.

It has been slow, but there have only been three or four of us working on this, and with other stuff we do, it just takes time.  Saying that, anyone with server experience that would like to help out, please contact our IT Officer or even me, and I will forward your information.  I know Keith has been working hard on the new web pages, but I am sure he could use some help if someone has some experience in that area.

I know you were asking about the new forum software, but it is so linked with the new management software that the transition to them will be one and the same.  We can not do one before the other.