• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Puget Sound Concours Tech Day (TD) Apr 14 9AM - 3PM

danodemotoman

COG# 2877 WAAAD
Ok, the location for the Apr 14 Concours TD is in Graham WA south of Puyallup just off Meridian St E and (south) 204th st.
http://mapq.st/y7ofPD
So come on out for the TD (Tech Day) wrench session, some stop by to chat and chew too.  :ecomcity: :coffee2: :103: :popcorncouple: :06:

OK, Jo reminded me...
I will have coffee on.
If you can bring an extra soft drink or two and a snack to share.
I have a shop that is not heated so plan on dressing for the cold wx.
BBQ grill (bring your road kill) :coffee2:, rear room with deep sink (cold water), toilet and heat. If I do get more than that will have a kitty jar to offset cost.
Drain pans, rags available but you might want to bring your own.
Please take any major trash lke oil bottles, etc with you as I only have trash pu once a month. I can recyle your oil.

Folks can bring their own food to cook, or they can roll the dice and see what I show up with. :hum:  Since I printed and mailed the latest newsletter from home there's some money in the annual budget for something other than printing and postage.  I figure some salmon and beef patties for the grill, some buns, bottled water and who knows what else.  Let's spend a little bit of dues money on members. :Woot_Emoticon:  And to ensure everybody can get in on that, Steve Mustoe will get some support for his lunch, and any other AAD in the Northwest can do the same and count on some form of support as long as we don't go nuts and throw parties every weekend.  But that's for another topic another time.  Sorry for drifting off on a tangent. :sign0023:

:1rij: :06:
Charlie_Gary_NWAD said:
Folks can bring their own food to cook, or they can roll the dice and see what I show up with. :hum:  Since I printed and mailed the latest newsletter from home there's some money in the annual budget for something other than printing and postage.  I figure some salmon and beef patties for the grill, some buns, bottled water and who knows what else.  Let's spend a little bit of dues money on members. :Woot_Emoticon:  And to ensure everybody can get in on that, Steve Mustoe will get some support for his lunch, and any other AAD in the Northwest can do the same and count on some form of support as long as we don't go nuts and throw parties every weekend.  But that's for another topic another time.  Sorry for drifting off on a tangent. :sign0023:

Just so everyone is further on the same page...You do not have to there the exact time that is figured for the wrenching session.
Come and enjoy whatever time you can, even if you do not plan to wrench but would rather "stay for the people".
It'll be a FUN day with some education thrown in for a good measure.
For any long distance riders that want to come but worry about the  time/weather to ride back same day, there are hotels in the area that can be recommended.

Mitch called to ask about tire changing.
Yes,  :))  I do have the manual HF tire changer. I do the static type balance on tires.
Colin has said he will bring the drill jig for the exhaust cam mod.  :)
I have the bi-metallic hole saw for the frugal exhaust mod. Why pay hundreds $ for an aftermarket part  just for a nice exhaust tone?  >:D
Charlie will bring a vaccum carb balancer tool.  8)
Grill will be on, bring your choice to cook.  :103:

danodemotoman said:
Mitch called to ask about tire changing.
Yes,  :))  I do have the manual HF tire changer. I do the static type balance on tires.
Colin has said he will bring the drill jig for the exhaust cam mod.  :)
I have the bi-metallic hole saw for the frugal exhaust mod. Why pay hundreds $ for an aftermarket part  just for a nice exhaust tone?  >:D
Charlie will bring a vaccum carb balancer tool.  8)
Grill will be on, bring your choice to cook.  :103:

So am I understanding correctly that Colin is attending this event next Saturday?

I'm thinking about heading up there from Portland and meeting some of you guys if the weather is dry next Saturday...

Finally something to look forward to , looking for info on proper SAG adjustment and maybe I'll mod my exhaust .

Busy getting the Fairlane running and have the new to me carport up to put that and the rambler in to make room for tech work!
Did get a 200 mile ride in Mon and it was WONDERFUL weather!  :)

Is anyone from the Portland area heading up to this event?? Weather looks to be more of a chance of dry vs wet, if dry I'm gonna try to make it, anyone want to ride up there with me?

Time to meet some of the fine folk, I should be there as Jay will need a push to get up to speed limit >:D

My nephew is being deployed to Afghanistan and is having a party on Saturday...  Sorry folks, I'll try and make the next one. 

OK Russ, hope the nephew is safe during his deployment.
See ya next time.
Rolands ride is the next Sat

Russ said:
My nephew is being deployed to Afghanistan and is having a party on Saturday...  Sorry folks, I'll try and make the next one.

I'll be there as well along with another member from Portland, and I'll be meeting Chet somewhere around Olympia on the trek up.

Mama is making a pasta salad tonight for you guys that I'll bring as well...  :72:

Looking forward to finally meeting some COG folks face to face!  :)

See ya all around 10:30 to 11:00'ish...

Oh, and if you bring your copy of the Spring Concourier I'll sign the cover for you!  ;)  :))

Fresh elk?  Homemade pasta salad?  This party's starting to shape up. :sign0098:  I've got salmon and beef patties plus buns and condiments.  Dan's got a grill.  :103:  I predict a good time.

Hmm , have to think of what I can grab at the Safeway deli on the way there ........veggie platter anyone ? (ducks)

Indeed Charlie, looking forward to meeting you guys! I just got off the phone with my crew riding up there from Portland, we will be 3 plus one more we are meeting on the way up, see ya tomorrow!

Jay needs to know if there will be an opportunity to wash and wax his bike?  He's offering a free clinic :))

Do I hear the insinuation that I like to ride more than wash.. the bike  ;)  :p
BTW ordered up clear wx for the event, gratuities accepted  :32:

Chet_Mainwaring_WA said:
Jay needs to know if there will be an opportunity to wash and wax his bike?  He's offering a free clinic :))

Good times today and great weather brutha's! It was nice to finally meet you guys, thanks for having us!  :beerchug:

Jay

danodemotoman said:
OK Russ, hope the nephew is safe during his deployment.
See ya next time.
Rolands ride is the next Sat

Russ said:

Where can I find the details?  I dont see them.

Was a great day with a bunch of fine people , I only manage to drop my allen wrench ON TIME into the inner workings of my fairing area today and no I didn't drop my bike LOL . The only downside ....deciding which farkle is gonna be first ... so many farkles and so little cash right now  :-[

I sure hope everyone enjoyed ol pete, he was a good old mule ;)
I also snapped a picture of Jays mini outfit, he would have been in the pic but he was busy manning his autograph table ^-^

Attachments

• DSCN0391 (640x480).jpg
    DSCN0391 (640x480).jpg
    259.6 KB · Views: 115
Chet_Mainwaring_WA said:
I sure hope everyone enjoyed ol pete, he was a good old mule ;)
I also snapped a picture of Jays mini outfit, he would have been in the pic but he was busy manning his autograph table ^-^

:))  :stupid:

It was a god turnout for thge TD.
Some new faces, sxome old.
Thanks to AD Charlie for shopping with COG funds and  bringing the chuckwagon:
2484534990033639341S425x425Q85.jpg

The Elk meat was great! :103:
Thanks to those who brought sides. We had plenty. Enuf left over that I will be having an Elk burger with potato and mac salad for the next few days.  :pDT_Armataz_01_37: >:D
The weather was FINE.  8)
Hope everyone had a good and safe  ride home

Chet_Mainwaring_WA said:
Just confirming I'll be there 11ish, how does fresh elk sound?

Dan,

Thanks for hosting a great tech session.  Thanks to Charlie for grillin and leading me out of Dan's without resorting to Meridian.  Thanks to Dan, Colin and Charlie for teaching me the ways of the Tire Master.  It was great to see old friends and me new ones. 

The Dude said:
Dan,

Thanks for hosting a great tech session.  Thanks to Charlie for grillin and leading me out of Dan's without resorting to Meridian.  Thanks to Dan, Colin and Charlie for teaching me the ways of the Tire Master.  It was great to see old friends and me new ones.

I had a good time.  Hopefully my petcock knows I'm on to its tricks and quits acting up.  I'm glad Orting is just big enough to have side roads around downtown for when they close the main drag through town.  As far as the wrenching went I saw Colin do a brake job, Chuck did a valve lash check, Mitch changed two tires, Mortech did something out by the road but I was chained to the grill at that time so I couldn't see what he was up to (but I did hear him drop the allen wrench ;D), and Fred was going over some stuff on his pearl white Connie.  There was probably some other excitement happening that I didn't see as there were people all over the place.  There were at least sixteen people on bikes, and a few more came by car.
  We owe a big thanks to Dan for offering up such a great work space and a grill with enough propane to get the job done.  Thanks to everyone who brought all the other stuff to eat.  Especially the elk.  Chet brought the good stuff, and everybody who eats red meat tasted it and loved it.  I can't wait for the next time.

Oh yeah the wrench , I dropped it down in the area between the instrument console and gas tank  ::) , had to remove the right side fairing to find it . Thne proceded to help Fred with his grips ...oh boy thats another story .

Happy to have hosted.  ;)
A KLR rider is looking for a C10, one of the attendees mentioned a 2000 they were selling for the owner? Can't recall who it was?
I am hosting a KLR TD this coming Sun  :))

danodemotoman said:
Happy to have hosted.  ;)
A KLR rider is looking for a C10, one of the attendees mentioned a 2000 they were selling for the owner? Can't recall who it was?

That was me.  Shoot me a pm or email.  I think you have my email address.....?

Another thank you to Dan and Charlie for the fun wrenchin' and yackin' day.
Enjoyed putting faces to names, hopefully I'll be able to stay longer next time.
Salmon burgers were great too!

Yea, kudos Charlie bringing the chuckwagon and doing grill time!
Glad to see you Jo. We are neighbors now so feel free to stop by anytime tho i tend to night owl and sleep in til 10!!!

Jo said:
Another thank you to Dan and Charlie for the fun wrenchin' and yackin' day.
Enjoyed putting faces to names, hopefully I'll be able to stay longer next time.
Salmon burgers were great too!

I am fairly new with COG, having just purchased my Concours in July, 2011.  This was my first "COG Event" and I am very glad I was able to attend, along with ZG (Jay) & Rob from Oregon.  We had beautiful weather and it was great to meet people with Kawi's and similar interests.  I previously owned a Honda ST1300 and have attended many functions with that group.  As someone already mentioned, it was nice to put a face with a name finally. 

Dan has an amazing facility which he was kind enough to share.  I don't know of anyone who has such a nice shop and space to spread out and work on bikes & cars.  And, complete with a bathroom to boot!!  Many thanks to Dan for hosting this event.  It was great to meet Charlie and I can see he has much practice as a chef on the barbeque.  Food was great and it was nice of Charlie to "slave over a hot fire" to provide for the masses.

I am not very experienced at posting photos on the website.  I have published the photos I took to my Picasa web albums and here is a link to that site, for anyone who is interested in seeing some pictures.  Since I don't know everyone, the photos are posted without names.  Thanks again for holding the session and I enjoyed being with you all.  Phil Benson

https://picasaweb.google.com/115211000864469069684/COGNWWrenchSession

Pkil,

Thanks for attending and your kind comments!
I was preparing for layoff from Boeing (never went back) and had planned and saved for building the shop.
Hmmmn, time and $ available! This  is not the time to ge conservative, So bought the bldg kit from Web Steel of Sandy OR.
I feel fortunate and enjoy my projects and place to do them.

Phil said:
I am fairly new with COG, having just purchased my Concours in July, 2011.  This was my first "COG Event" and I am very glad I was able to attend, along with ZG (Jay) & Rob from Oregon.  We had beautiful weather and it was great to meet people with Kawi's and similar interests.  I previously owned a Honda ST1300 and have attended many functions with that group.  As someone already mentioned, it was nice to put a face with a name finally. 

Dan has an amazing facility which he was kind enough to share.  I don't know of anyone who has such a nice shop and space to spread out and work on bikes & cars.  And, complete with a bathroom to boot!!  Many thanks to Dan for hosting this event.  It was great to meet Charlie and I can see he has much practice as a chef on the barbeque.  Food was great and it was nice of Charlie to "slave over a hot fire" to provide for the masses.

I am not very experienced at posting photos on the website.  I have published the photos I took to my Picasa web albums and here is a link to that site, for anyone who is interested in seeing some pictures.  Since I don't know everyone, the photos are posted without names.  Thanks again for holding the session and I enjoyed being with you all.  Phil Benson

https://picasaweb.google.com/115211000864469069684/COGNWWrenchSession

Nice pics Phil!  :)

Now when you take the Fairlane to car shows you'll need the connie with matching paint to go with it.  Let me know when you need someone to ride it for you.  ;D