• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Purchased used "Flashed " Bike

ZG/ZN Kim

Steve,

This probably has been covered before, but I purchased a used C14, that was "flashed" by Shoodabeen. It was "flashed" in late 2015/early 2016, I was told.  There was no documentation with the bike, nothing obvious on the ECU,etc. The bike runs very smooth, excellent MPG's at moderate speeds, so I assume it has been flashed.

But, physically, (sticker, or something) how do I tell if the bike has been flashed, and with what generation? OR what ECU info can I send you to do a check?

Thank you for your reply.

Pull the ecu out and see if there's a sticker on the bottom of the ecu. I ship them with the info of the owner, date, and the file installed. If you need info on how to pull the ecu, email me through my site, in my sig line, below. Thanks, steve

Steve,

I thought there would have been more info, but here is what was on the back of the ECU:
Previous owner's last name, 2-18-17, 313

ZG/ZN Kim said:
Steve,

I thought there would have been more info, but here is what was on the back of the ECU:
Previous owner's last name, 2-18-17, 313

Ok, what would you have expected? That's the date and file I loaded, which is the Evolution flash. Runs good doesn't it? ;)  Steve

Not sure what I expected to see. Maybe something like, "Tuned by Shoodaben Engineering, hold onto your ass when operating "? :-\

Yes it runs extremely good.

Thanks for the info.

And just why, Kim, did you buy a used C-14?  I thought you had a perfectly good C-10 like I do? 

My wife and I put 14,000 miles on the C10 last year, yes it is a fine machine. Very comfortable riding 2 up.

The C14 is what I ride solo. It has a awesome engine, that Steve made better.  Now I just to need to master it a bit better. It is not something I can just jump on and "blister the tires".

ZG/ZN Kim said:
Not sure what I expected to see. Maybe something like, "Tuned by Shoodaben Engineering, hold onto your a** when operating "? :-\

i like that  :beerchug:  I'm good at the mechanical / tuning side of stuff, but my marketing skilz are kinda "lame" according to those who know marketing  :-[ Steve