• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Queen Wilhelmina lunch ride Dec 3rd (posponed due to rain)

jim snyder

Ok NE Texas, SW Ark, & SE Okla riders, I am planning a meet, greet and eat ride to Queen Wilhelmina Lodge in Mena Ark on Dec 3rd (weather permitting). I will be leaving Daingerfield Tx at 7:00am on Dec 3rd from the McDonalds in Daingerfield. I will be making stops at the gas station at New Boston Tx at the intersection of Hwy 8 & I-30 for breakfast. Next stop will be at the gas station at the intersection of Hwy 41 & 271 in Dequeen Ark. Then coming to Mena Ark and turning left on Hwy 88. Next stop will be at Queen Wilhelmina Lodge for lunch (which has the best coffee in the central U.S.) After that I will continue on Hwy 88/Hwy 1 (Talimena Drive) to Hwy 259 and south to Broken Bow Okla. Than south on Hwy 259 and home to Daingerfield. I welcome any South Central folks to join me for the ride or join in along the way and eat lunch at the lodge. This is a beautiful ride and lunch at the lodge is a wonderful experience. Let me know if you can make it.   

Hmm, a night or two at Queen Wilhelmina State Park, finish with your lunch group and ride down to Daingerfield SP for a night then return to Bastrop. 
Well, further research reveals that AR pretty much shuts-down the tent-camper support this time of year (no water, no restrooms, no showers).

No worries, we'll just use Daingerfield State Park as 'base camp' and do the Saturday loop from there.

Still sounds like fun ... count me in for the full day starting at McDonalds on 259 / Linda Drive in Daingerfield.

Cool camping weather's been great after our scorching summer  ;D

Centex said:
Hmm, a night or two at Queen Wilhelmina State Park, finish with your lunch group and ride down to Daingerfield SP for a night then return to Bastrop. 
Well, further research reveals that AR pretty much shuts-down the tent-camper support this time of year (no water, no restrooms, no showers).

No worries, we'll just use Daingerfield State Park as 'base camp' and do the Saturday loop from there.

Still sounds like fun ... count me in for the full day starting at McDonalds on 259 / Linda Drive in Daingerfield.

Cool camping weather's been great after our scorching summer  ;D

Awesome, looking forward to it. Have about 4 other responses so far so we might have a good crowd. 

Jim, with badly needed rain lightly falling here in Bastrop County as I write this, and more spotty rain forecast for through the weekend from here to Daingerfield and points North, I'm going to pass-up camping in the wet and your ride to QW Lodge.

If y'all proceed I hope you have a great ride, if you reschedule please post-up again, it sounds like a great route & destination.

Centex said:
Jim, with badly needed rain lightly falling here in Bastrop County as I write this, and more spotty rain forecast for through the weekend from here to Daingerfield and points North, I'm going to pass-up camping in the wet and your ride to QW Lodge.

If y'all proceed I hope you have a great ride, if you reschedule please post-up again, it sounds like a great route & destination.

Yeah I have been watching the weather all night, and they are calling for rain to move in by noon saturday
unless it changes this afternoon. We need the rain here as well.