• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Queen Wilhelmina RTE November 19th

jim snyder

Ok we are having a ride to Queen Wilhelmina/Talihina Skyway in Arkansas & Oklahoma on Saturday November 19th.
The route will start in New Boston Tx at the Bostonian motel on Hwy 8 in New Boston Texas. There will be a stops in DeQueen Ark and Mena for anyone who wants to join in along the way. The lunch stop will be at the Queen Wilhelmina Lodge. I have contacted the Bostonian Inn in New Boston at I-30 & Hwy 8 and they have singles for $45 and doubles for $50 for anyone wanting to come up on Friday night. Their number is (903)628-5561.  The return route will have drop off points on the return side for those that need to head back towards the Dallas area. The plan is for kickstands up at 9 am Saturday morning. The ride is about 295 miles total. This is a very relaxing ride route with country roads and twisties. And lunch and the view at the Lodge is awesome. Let me know if ya'll are interested. PM me or email diamondj304@msn.com. My cell is (903) 918-4014.

For those traveling some distance after the ride,
    Consider getting a room at the Bostonian Inn in New Boston for Sat night.
  (We may not be back to New Boston area until late in the day..)
  (and mebbe we could squeeze in a short ride Sun morning before everyone departs for home.

So, who's interested in going??

Ride safe, Ted

Thinking about my previous note, I had a thought to squeeze a few more miles.
I'm thinking, we'll probably need to stay somewhere on Sat night.
Sooooooooo,,,,,,,,,,,, (since we're gonna be there Sunday morning anyway)

What about,,, Kickstands up at 9 am Saturday morning. (New Boston)
                    Ride further North on Sat than originally planned, but, "do" (before dark) start south.
                    Ride south, but not all the way down to new Boston
                    Stay in a Motel on Sat night in Mena or somewhere North of Mena.
                    Travel home Sunday (259), starting from that Motel?

Thoughts?

Ride safe, Ted

Thanks for the invite Ted, unfortunately I do have too much going on that weekend to attend the ride.  Please keep me in the loop and I'll try to catch ya on the next one; especially if going to Hill Country or Arkansas...

Club is at Big Bend this weekend.
Will be in Hill Country in April.

COGgers are great folks to ride with.

Ride safe, Ted

Ted(or Jim), thinking about riding down and meeting up with everyone for the ride. Sounds like a good time...

Jim

Great!
We don't have a finalized plan yet.
Meeting point etc...

Check here to see the plans as they are finalized.

Ride safe, Ted

I'm planning to go, Ted. I'll probably ride over on Saturday morning and meet with you guys about 08:30.

Plan on meeting up with y'all at the Bostonian @0900 Saturday--if all goes well 'tween now---and then...

Jim

"Meee",,, Buy lunch??

Ok, ok, I'll buy lunch "for Cliff".  :nananana:

By the way; Add another name to the list.
  My son Aaron has decided to go on the ride with us. (FJR)

(Assuming Craig and his boss are still going), I think we're now up to 8 or 9?

Ride safe, Ted

Unfortunately, I had a previous commitment.....now if you had selected this weekend.....

You all have great fun.

Craig

connie_rider said:
Cancel it!
    AND
  Come ride with us!!

Ride safe, Ted

Wish I could.....you all have fun.

Well...shucks...I don't think that much of a ride would be good for my C-10...since coming from Colorado (6600' elevation) to Arkansas (400' elevation)...the idle seems to have increased 400 rpm...makes me think it might be running leaner...and, I don't have time to do anything about it before the ride...

Maybe next time...

Sounds like a great time.  I'd love to make it, but I have a small mechanical malfunction.  :-\

I'll work at making the Wildflower though.

A few hours ago at the Tractos Supply getting bolts for a TV mount.  She's about 96% now.
20161111_173942_resized_zpswgvqvnmf.jpg

But I really haven't the resources to do the trip anyway, Jim. 

CRocker said:
Well...shucks...I don't think that much of a ride would be good for my C-10...since coming from Colorado (6600' elevation) to Arkansas (400' elevation)...the idle seems to have increased 400 rpm...makes me think it might be running leaner...and, I don't have time to do anything about it before the ride...

Maybe next time...

CRocker, wish you could be there. But I do understand..

NOTE: Coming down in elevation, it "is" running leaner. (but it's probably closer to the correct mixture)

Question; Do you have stock jetting, or did you install smaller jetts?

If you have stock jetting; you "ARE" running rich in Colorado.

If you installed smaller jetting, (I agree) you might be a bit lean in Ark.
If so, you can decrease air by simply restricting air flow at the airbox intake port.

If you have the 2 minute Mod,,,, you already know how to do that.

Ride safe, Ted

Just Cliff said:
What time do you girls anticipate arriving at the lodge Saturday?

Cliff  :beerchug:

Well if we don't have any issues with our make-up smearing due to the wind, or deciding which jacket will go with our pants and boots, we should arriving at the lodge about 11:30am.  :72:

Jim obviously forgot that Craig won't be with us,,,
      so we'll be there earlier than he predicted...
            <sly grin> {take that,,, Craig    :nananana:  :rotflmao:}

PS: Cliff, don't forget to bring "your" makeup kit.
            In case it rains and smears your mascara..  ;)

Ride safe, Ted

connie_rider said:
Jim obviously forgot that Craig won't be with us,,,
      so we'll be there earlier than he predicted...
            <sly grin> {take that,,, Craig    :nananana:  :rotflmao:}

PS: Cliff, don't forget to bring "your" makeup kit.
            In case it rains and smears your mascara..  ;)

Ride safe, Ted

Ok then, we should make it 11 to 11:30.

Ok Ted and I will be headed to the Bostonian Inn Friday afternoon to spend the night. If anyone needs to holler
at us my cell # is (903) 918-4014. Looks like we will have about 10 to 12 riders as of right now. So whoever is
coming we will see ya'll Saturday morning. Be safe.
Saturday morning we will be making a stop in DeQueen at the Exxon on the corner of Ark 41/59 for a break and gas
stop if any of the Arkansas bunch would like to jump on board. We will also make a quick stop in Mena if anyone needs
fuel before we go over the mountain. Lets do this !!!   

Subtract one from the total number. I won't be able to make it this time as much as I want to, so y'all have a great time and a safe ride....

Jim

soonerone said:
Subtract one from the total number. I won't be able to make it this time as much as I want to, so y'all have a great time and a safe ride....

Jim
We'll miss you, Jim. Very sorry you can't make it. We'll do some "freeze riding" for you! Ha! It's going to be a chilly weekend. I am so ready for a change from the Texas blast furnace. We hit 86ºF on Wednesday. Yuck! Well, the humidity was down, so it was really an OK day. I'm just really ready for fall and winter temps for a change.

Waiting for son to arrive.
Will be departing Houston soon.
Houston is overcast and warm.
No cold front yet..
Lots of humidity.

Ride safe, Ted

Jim Snyder said:
Ok Ted and I will be headed to the Bostonian Inn Friday afternoon to spend the night. If anyone needs to holler
at us my cell # is (903) 918-4014. Looks like we will have about 10 to 12 riders as of right now. So whoever is
coming we will see ya'll Saturday morning. Be safe.
Saturday morning we will be making a stop in DeQueen at the Exxon on the corner of Ark 41/59 for a break and gas
stop if any of the Arkansas bunch would like to jump on board. We will also make a quick stop in Mena if anyone needs
fuel before we go over the mountain. Lets do this !!! 
Wow, that sounds like a great group, Jim. I had no idea that many folks are going. I'm aiming to get to my hotel in Texarkana by about 4:00 PM. I'll see you guys for dinner later on. Give me a holler when you get to New Boston.

connie_rider said:
Waiting for son to arrive.
Will be departing Houston soon.
Houston is overcast and warm.
No cold front yet..
Lots of humidity.

Ride safe, Ted

You will run into it and some rain then clearing and cooler.

You all keep an eye for deer...... :violent-smiley-007:  with the cooler weather the rut will be full on!

Have fun and watch for yellow line crossing jerks on the Talimena.

Sorry I am not there to see Ted disappear in my mirrors!!!!!! :nananana: :motonoises: :nananana: :motonoises: ;D

Ride free,

Craig

connie_rider said:
Waiting for son to arrive. Will be departing Houston soon. Houston is overcast and warm. No cold front yet.. Lots of humidity.

Ride safe, Ted

Have a safe trip, Ted. See you soon.

Ok 7 brave riders embarked this morning from New Boston Tx in sub freezing temperatures (well it was 39 degrees) and now we are stuffing our faces at the Queen Wilhelmina Lodge buffet. We picked up an 8th rider (Cliff met us at the lodge) so the adventure continues. Details at 11.

Ok back safe and sound (and cold). We did about 275 miles for the day. Thanks to all who braved the weather for a fun day and some good food and socializing.

I enjoyed it, was good to see ya'll. It was a chilly 384 miles for me with just one deer encounter!

Cliff  :beerchug:

Home safe after a great day of riding, 504 miles round trip-just over 12 hours.  Really liked seeing the fall colors changing some where as further south we still have green leaves just beginning to change.  Thanks for organizing this little outing....

Allen

Ok here are a few of  the pictures I had on my phone

Attachments

• thumbnail_20161119_130302_001[1].jpg
    thumbnail_20161119_130302_001[1].jpg
    30.1 KB · Views: 123
  • thumbnail_20161119_131010_resized[1].jpg
    thumbnail_20161119_131010_resized[1].jpg
    29.1 KB · Views: 123
  • thumbnail_20161119_140335_001_resized[1].jpg
    thumbnail_20161119_140335_001_resized[1].jpg
    36.6 KB · Views: 119
  • thumbnail_20161119_150958_resized[2].jpg
    thumbnail_20161119_150958_resized[2].jpg
    34.2 KB · Views: 120
Man, I make Cliff's bike look small!

And the other people in the photo.
"AND" the mountains in the background.

or is it,,, we just make you look big?  >:D

In the photo's I also noticed:
  The "beautiful" Red Connie sure stands out...  :)

Ride safe, Ted