• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Queen Wilhilmena Lodge report...

copdocpvd

Hi all,

I took the wife to the new Queen Wilhilmena lodge last weekend for a getaway (took the car, wasn't sure of the weather).  The Talimena Scenic Byway is in good shape, although there were some rough asphalt spots on the Oklahoma side.

The Lodge looks great, same layout and general shape as before, but the rooms are really nice.  We got a King with fireplace and jacuzzi tub for $149/night.  Everything was sparkling clean and new, including the giant flat screen TV on the wall.

They have a new policy for weekend stays, must stay two nights (Friday and Saturday).  I questioned that and the employee gave me a mumbled response about too many one night stays screwing up those who want to be there Fri-Sunday.  I was able to convince her to rent me a room for just Saturday, but I wouldn't count on it.

I was, however, pretty disappointed by the restaurant.  It's been at least four years since I visited, always remembered the buffet being really decent.  I had the dinner buffet Sat night, everything tasted dry and old.  Might have been an off night, but they were fairly busy.

Pete

Ted and I rode up there on our way to the Arkansas fall ride and I was a little disappointed in the restaurant also. Not because of the buffet but due to the fact that they stopped using the Citavo coffee that they had used for the past decade or so. The Citavo Traditional Roast decaf was "THE" best tasting  coffee I had ever drank, and I have had coffee all across this country. But its still a great getaway spot and the scenery is awesome.