• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Question about aftermarket passenger seat rest and rear trunk fit

kirk6296

I'd planning to purchase an aftermarket passenger seat rest. For the rear trunk, which is adjustable, is there enough room to have both the seat rest, and the trunk, or does the rest get in the way of the trunk even if adjusted to the rear position?

Also, I'm seriously considering purchasing a Russell Day-Long custom seat for my 2008 bike. I see they have an option for a passenger seat rest built into the trunk itself, but I'd like to skip that if the aftermarket will do the job.

Thank you

Has anyone used the Kemimoto seat cushion on a Connie 14?

And have a recommendation or not?

Has anyone used the Kemimoto seat cushion on a Connie 14?

And have a recommendation or not?
No experience with this brand however here is a comprehensive review similar product my wife swears by Air Hawk 2.

I personally don’t care for it, while the air cushion provides a softening of the seat contact I (possibly different than you - we all have personal preferences) feel a bit too disconnected from the road. If that makes sense?

My wife has ridden pillion with this cushion on both the C-10 and C-14 and won’t ride without it.

Possibly I’m a bit of a hard a$$.. 🤪

No experience with this brand however here is a comprehensive review similar product my wife swears by Air Hawk 2.

I personally don’t care for it, while the air cushion provides a softening of the seat contact I (possibly different than you - we all have personal preferences) feel a bit too disconnected from the road. If that makes sense?

My wife has ridden pillion with this cushion on both the C-10 and C-14 and won’t ride without it.

Possibly I’m a bit of a hard a$$.. 🤪
Does this model fit the Concours 14, or should I be digging into their product site for a particular model?

This cushion is 14” x 14” and is the exact one we have on the C-14. Here is the AirHawk website - can see other options.

....and remember, the secret to successfully using an airhawk seat cushion is to NOT FILL IT UP!!! Just a couple of puffs is all it takes.

....and remember, the secret to successfully using an airhawk seat cushion is to NOT FILL IT UP!!! Just a couple of puffs is all it takes.
Affirmative - Great callout!

If you place your hand over any one area a person would think, “this thing’s a piece of... no way this will work”. But if you cover the surface area then suddenly all balances nicely between the ~20 plus separate chambers of air and it is plush but not bouncy - bouncy. Very easy to add/ remove air for adjustment with a single valve covered by the pouch that the bladder is concealed / protected.

BTW - For durability - we have had ours for at the least 5 years and this baby has seen all types of: weather, temperatures, ROUGH roads (omg PA c’mon), both the stock C-10 and C-14 seats and over 70k miles. Not once has this thing needed an air fill up even after sitting over winter in a cold MN garage or getting beat on by the horrific road conditions we now face in PA.

Once over not for me but my wife loves it and for us was a good alternative over trying a custom seat that we didn’t know if we would like and of course the associated multiple more hundred dollar bills 💵.