• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Question about forks

I would believe so, maybe the mounts for the ABS ?

I use ZX14 forks with AK-20 cartridge kit on mine,

I have my 2011 forks low mileage if anyone is interested.

reid53 said:
Are forks interchangeable between an 08 gen1 and a 13?

Yes.
all ABS forks are interchangeable, even if you don't have ABS, but If you have a newer bike, with ABS, and want to put older NON ABS forks on it, you can't mount the sensor... just letting you know, as you didn't ask it in that manner 

MAN OF BLUES said:
reid53 said:
Are forks interchangeable between an 08 gen1 and a 13?

Yes.
all ABS forks are interchangeable, even if you don't have ABS, but If you have a newer bike, with ABS, and want to put older NON ABS forks on it, you can't mount the sensor... just letting you know, as you didn't ask it in that manner
Thanks Rich. You’re right I did not say!  My 08 is abs, so no problem switching.  I have the traxxion ak 20s on the 08 and wanted to put them on the 13.

reid53, I have the set that came off of my 2011 at roughly the 23k mile mark. Let me know if you'd like them, as I'd hook you up!  :great:

The Pope said:
reid53, I have the set that came off of my 2011 at roughly the 23k mile mark. Let me know if you'd like them, as I'd hook you up!  :great:
Thanks John.  I'm just gonna take the forks off the 08 with the ak20's and put them on the 13.  Then the 08 will get the forks off the 13 with only 18700 miles.
:great: :motonoises:

ABS sensor does not mount the same between the early & later years. May make it work with modifications, but not a direct bolt up.

Just Cliff said:
ABS sensor does not mount the same between the early & later years. May make it work with modifications, but not a direct bolt up.

was the actual sensor probe different? I know the "tone" rings differed, pulse count was different between early and later models, but wasn't sure about the "probe".

MAN OF BLUES said:
Just Cliff said:

was the actual sensor probe different? I know the "tone" rings differed, pulse count was different between early and later models, but wasn't sure about the "probe".
To bring this up to date.  The forks were successfully swapped, but the sensors do not interchange.  With the 08 sensor on the 13, got an TACT and TTRACK error.  ERROR B-43.  Also on the 08 with the 13 sensor, the ABS light stayed on.  :mad: So..gonna switch the forks back.  The 08 forks and 13 forks have different mounts for the sensors.  Oh well.. lesson learned.  Thanks for all the help. 

The Pope said:
My forks from my 2011 are still available........ just saying......
Thanks John.  I don't need forks.  I was just trying to swap the 08's with the AK20's in them into the 13.  But.. the sensors are different and don't interchange. 

reid53 said:
The Pope said:
My forks from my 2011 are still available........ just saying......
Thanks John.  I don't need forks.  I was just trying to swap the 08's with the AK20's in them into the 13.  But.. the sensors are different and don't interchange.

I'm sorry I didn't have the part numbers handy as to what changed, I did pull them all up about a year ago, as a comparison, and that where I noted the Pulse / Tone ring on the wheel differed, and at that time I think I had the number for the sensors (by year), but for the life of me I can't find what I had posted...  Now I can't even find the short sensor harness for the front on the microfiche.. I'm going batty...

I know for certain the "pulse count" on the '13's is higher than on the '08's, but forgot about the "one bolt vs 2 bolt" mounting..  :-[ :-[

MAN OF BLUES said:
I know for certain the "pulse count" on the '13's is higher than on the '08's, but forgot about the "one bolt vs 2 bolt" mounting..  :-[ :-[

Well mister, you just might be in for a pay cut for that  :nananana:

COGnosticator said:
MAN OF BLUES said:

Well mister, you just might be in for a pay cut for that  :nananana:

:'( :'( :'( :'( :-X :-X :truce: :truce: :truce:
half of "zero" is still "zero".. sux being me... :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: