• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Quick introduction & thanks for letting me join...

texas.devops

Just wanted to say howdy from SW Houston. Proud owner of a new 2021 C14 ABS.

I do have a few issues with the performance compared to previous Kawas I've owned and put tens of thousands of miles on, but this bike is super nice and after 1,100 miles so far I'm not going to throw it away. LOL I did the 600 mile 1st service myself and enjoyed it very much. The oil filter was stuck on (factory used Gorilla Glue?) so I had to take it to the dealership so they could use their impact tool to loosen it. I rode it back home and finished the fluid and filter change myself. Not too many issues overall but there are a few that have me learning a new riding style.

Throttle response is super choppy from closed to barely open, especially at lower speeds and when shifting. When riding two-up I'm almost afraid to shift from 1st to 2nd because the passenger gets thrown back when I ease off the clutch and just touch the throttle. Momma isn't too keen on the feeling of me "driving fast" (which I don't do very often anyway), and the snap of the shaft drive when shifting is not helping me get her on the back for repeat rides.

Another beef I've got is with the forward sloping seat, that is guaranteed to crush the pilot's nads into the gas tank (especially when engine braking or braking hard). Who came up with that design anyway? I'll reserve my additional comments for private conversation. LOL

The fact that this came with halogen bulbs still has me scratching my head. I didn't spend more than $100 on replacement LED bulbs (that I was able to install in less than 20 minutes), so why Kawasaki decided to make it a new owner task is a conundrum. It's not like it would have radically changed their engineering or revenue, but it sure might have sold a few more machines had they updated to 21st century lighting all the way around.

Anyway, thought I'd say hi and ask if anybody has mod/make/model/source suggestions. Check my profile for the list of what I've already added and what I'm planning to upgrade in the months ahead.

Safe riding and hope to see y'all out on the road soon, AB

First off, congratulations on the bike & second sorry to hear your Ted's neighbor! :LOL: I'm sure you'll hear from or about him later.

As for the choppiness make sure there's no slack in the throttle cables, I'm guessing there is. At some point consider getting a flash from Steve, it will make a major difference. I have always upshifted clutch less & it's smooth as glass.

For the seat decide on the custom builder of your choice & have seat built for the two of you.

Other than that welcome aboard & come ride with us! 🙂

Welcome to COG and congrats on your new bike. I 2nd Cliff's "strong" suggestion to have your ECU flashed. If you like the bike now, you will "love" it after a flash.

Come join us at the National Rally, Lake Guntersville State Park in AL, June 14-18. Check out the information on the National Rally thread.

Hello texasdevops902. I'm on the North side..

It's pretty amazing that you picked most of the normal complaints so quickly. All can be made better.
(You didn't mention the bazooka / muffler)
The #1 improvement (bar none) is the Flash.

We're going to do a ride in Clinton Arkansas April 29-May 2.
Jim/me/Cliff are putting it on.
As most have not been riding, we plan to start pretty conservative,,, so, the pace will not be excessive and a good way to break in the bike.
NOTE: It won't be boring, but not Roger racer either..

Come ride with us.

Ride safe, Ted

The stock seat was a no go for me too. I tried a Laam seat and it was better but still my posterior was not happy. A Kawa touring seat came up for sale close by a few years ago so I snagged it. For me (5'10"/150lb) it was the best of the three. So now I have three seats in my garage and two just gather dust.

U should post those extra dust gathering seats in the c14 for sale area. U should make what u paid for the laim back easily...

First off, congratulations on the bike & second sorry to hear your Ted's neighbor! :LOL: I'm sure you'll hear from or about him later.

As for the choppiness make sure there's no slack in the throttle cables, I'm guessing there is. At some point consider getting a flash from Steve, it will make a major difference. I have always upshifted clutch less & it's smooth as glass.

For the seat decide on the custom builder of your choice & have seat built for the two of you.

Other than that welcome aboard & come ride with us! 🙂

Spot on Cliff, a few minutes with the 8mm and 10mm wrenches fixed the twitchy throttle. I've been curious but reticent about up-shifting without the clutch, but after seeing that you and others have advocated going clutchless I'm going to give it a whirl and see if it makes me a smoother pilot.

Happy to get out and ride anytime! I am still in the "service phase" where I volunteer for errands and to go make runs for wifey day-or-night. LOL

Muchas gracias amigo! AB

Welcome to COG and congrats on your new bike. I 2nd Cliff's "strong" suggestion to have your ECU flashed. If you like the bike now, you will "love" it after a flash.

Come join us at the National Rally, Lake Guntersville State Park in AL, June 14-18. Check out the information on the National Rally thread.

Howdy RR. I hate the idea of being sidelined for a couple weeks while one shop or another has my ECU, but yes I'm very interested in having it upgraded to improve running temps, mileage and fuel shutoff. Anything to extend the life of the machine while enhancing performance is a winning investment - so long as it doesn't void my warranty. I bought the extra 3-yr extension so I've got 6 years of coverage.

Thx, AB

The stock seat was a no go for me too. I tried a Laam seat and it was better but still my posterior was not happy. A Kawa touring seat came up for sale close by a few years ago so I snagged it. For me (5'10"/150lb) it was the best of the three. So now I have three seats in my garage and two just gather dust.

Howdy CM. Sadly there's no try-before-you-buy test rides for C14 seats or I'd have already tried the range of options 3 or 4 times. At the prices they're asking for saddles I'll have to be ready to commit to one for a few years before I plunk down hard won cash.

Thx amigo, AB

Hello texasdevops902. I'm on the North side..

It's pretty amazing that you picked most of the normal complaints so quickly. All can be made better.
(You didn't mention the bazooka / muffler)
The #1 improvement (bar none) is the Flash.

We're going to do a ride in Clinton Arkansas April 29-May 2.
Jim/me/Cliff are putting it on.
As most have not been riding, we plan to start pretty conservative,,, so, the pace will not be excessive and a good way to break in the bike.
NOTE: It won't be boring, but not Roger racer either..

Come ride with us.

Ride safe, Ted

LOL Ted, the howitzer-size silencer is a bit of an odd looking duck I'll agree (especially without the bags on). But, it's not a major ding IMHO. Getting a slip-on is on my list, but not a first-order priority. I think a bit more throaty growl in traffic would be welcomed, but race pipes aren't my thing anymore (especially if I want to get my better half to ride with me). I had a full Yoshimura exhaust on my ZX10 and a Muzzi slip-on (and a Stage-3 carb kit) for my ZX900 back in the day, but back then I used to run hard with the fellas until I was tamed and domesticated.

Saw the COG trip details and am starting to talk it up with momma. I'm interested and realize the time is getting short for reservations. Would love to commit to it this week but it'll take a bit more finagling before I have how to nail it down. Will keep y'all posted.

Cheers, AB

I've been curious but reticent about up-shifting without the clutch, but after seeing that you and others have advocated going clutchless I'm going to give it a whirl and see if it makes me a smoother pilot.

I don't necessarily advocate it, just works for me. I barely back off the throttle not even enough to notice & bump the shifter up, no preloading that many talk of.

I've done it for over 200,000 + miles with no issues. So if my transmission goes out tomorrow, is it abuse or just high miles? :unsure:

To smooth shifting and increase pure fun I installed a Healtech Quickshifter. Certainly smooths shifting with a unnoticeable feel of shifting above 7000 RPM.

No roll off, no thinking just shift.

I would suggest get used to the C-14 before consider the QS but know it is an option and works quite well.

Sadly there's no try-before-you-buy test rides for C14 seats or I'd have already tried the range of options 3 or 4 times.
Find someone in your area with a aftermarket/custom seat, I'm bettin they'll let ya try it. Ted has a aftermarket seat of sorts, probably off the shelf & not custom he's cheap. Yea I just volunteered his seat as a loaner. :unsure:

If you make to AR for the Clinton ride I'll swap with ya for a day.

Here is a seat I saw on the other Forum. Might be worth a try. EZ to sell if you don't like it.

Yes, you could try my seat.
But I hade a Custom made at Baldwin, and Loren is no longer making seats.
So, you can't get another like mine.

Ride safe, Ted

IMHO
If you plan on keeping that bike for awhile, nothing beats a Russel Day Long custom seat.
I had mine made in April '19
Not cheap at 775 but after it broke in, wow, well worth the $$
Mines all black leather, I've got a black bike, with small diamonds sewn in, looks great.
That and a Shodabeen ECU flash and some bar backs. That's what I did and it's great.
Nick
2014 C-14

Hey, congrats on the new rocket ship and welcome to COG! Contact Steve at Shoodabeen Engineering for the ECU flash, I highly recommend the Mountain Runner Premium (MRP) flash. Your low end throttle will be even less choppy, Steve also instructs you to remove all the slack from the throttle as you already did. Steve does a very quick turn around time for the ECU flash, he'll probably have your ECU on it's way back to you in two days, of course you could expedite the shipping to speed things up.

I do have a few issues with the performance compared to previous Kawas I've owned and put tens of thousands of miles on, but this bike is super nice and after 1,100 miles so far I'm not going to throw it away. LOL I did the 600 mile 1st service myself and enjoyed it very much. The oil filter was stuck on (factory used Gorilla Glue?) so I had to take it to the dealership so they could use their impact tool to loosen it. I rode it back home and finished the fluid and filter change myself. Not too many issues overall but there are a few that have me learning a new riding style.

Throttle response is super choppy from closed to barely open, especially at lower speeds and when shifting. When riding two-up I'm almost afraid to shift from 1st to 2nd because the passenger gets thrown back when I ease off the clutch and just touch the throttle. Momma isn't too keen on the feeling of me "driving fast" (which I don't do very often anyway), and the snap of the shaft drive when shifting is not helping me get her on the back for repeat rides.

Another beef I've got is with the forward sloping seat, that is guaranteed to crush the pilot's nads into the gas tank (especially when engine braking or braking hard). Who came up with that design anyway? I'll reserve my additional comments for private conversation. LOL

The fact that this came with halogen bulbs still has me scratching my head. I didn't spend more than $100 on replacement LED bulbs (that I was able to install in less than 20 minutes), so why Kawasaki decided to make it a new owner task is a conundrum. It's not like it would have radically changed their engineering or revenue, but it sure might have sold a few more machines had they updated to 21st century lighting all the way around.

Anyway, thought I'd say hi and ask if anybody has mod/make/model/source suggestions. Check my profile for the list of what I've already added and what I'm planning to upgrade in the months ahead.

Safe riding and hope to see y'all out on the road soon, AB

I find the lines on this machine to be exceptionally pleasing. Couple that with the sound of the powerplant and the thrill when opening the throttle a bit and wow, a winning combination in its price range. Could we have spent double to get the Bimmer or Wing, of course. But I'd rather use the $'s saved on upgrading/tweaking and taking actual trips. I'm a happy camper. :^ )

Hey, congrats on the new rocket ship and welcome to COG! Contact Steve at Shoodabeen Engineering for the ECU flash, I highly recommend the Mountain Runner Premium (MRP) flash. Your low end throttle will be even less choppy, Steve also instructs you to remove all the slack from the throttle as you already did. Steve does a very quick turn around time for the ECU flash, he'll probably have your ECU on it's way back to you in two days, of course you could expedite the shipping to speed things up.

Thanks for the excellent welcome msg. My only concern is breaking my warranty (which is 6 yrs on this baby). As long as a re-flash doesn't put me in a bad way with KPP I'll be working this into my budget for the summer when our SE Texas feels-like temps are cresting into the 100's.

Congratulations on your new bike! It's a beauty! Your warranty will not be voided by a Flash as far as I know. Many riders have a Flash and have not reported any issues when it came to warranty work. Have fun with making your bike the best it can be for you!

Kawasaki has no way to see that the bike has been flashed...
In the worse case (if you had some type of major engine failure) the program could be returned to OEM in just a few days.
(Prior to taking the bike to Kawasaki)

Ride safe, Ted

PS: Harry, I resemble that remark..

Last edited:
IMHO
If you plan on keeping that bike for awhile, nothing beats a Russel Day Long custom seat.
I had mine made in April '19
Not cheap at 775 but after it broke in, wow, well worth the $$
Mines all black leather, I've got a black bike, with small diamonds sewn in, looks great.
That and a Shodabeen ECU flash and some bar backs. That's what I did and it's great.
Nick
2014 C-14
Do you have an opinion on vinyl vs leather? Obviously leather costs more, but is it THAT much more comfortable than vinyl?

Stick with us Texas, and we can come up with all kinds of ways for you to spend your money. <evil grin>
Here is my bike with seat.
Because I'm short, I had the rider section lowered, and narrowed at the front.
For both the rider and the passenger, I had the seating area widened, the very front is raised, and I added
some back support.
Like Nick, I also opted for leather.
Like many others, I went with the Mountain Runner Premium Flash. (Works great with the headers} (y)
Cliff talked me into the windshield. {for once, he was right} o_O

Ride safe, Ted

Last edited:
Stick with us Texas, and we can come up with all kinds of ways for you to spend your money. <evil grin>
For both the rider and the passenger, I had the seating area widened, the very front is raised, and I some back support.
Like many others, I went with the Mountain Runner Premium Flash. (Works great with the headers} (y)

Ride safe, Ted

Hey Ted, that's a pretty sexy ride mano! The paint is eye candy, and the exhaust looks as sweet as I'm betting it sounds. I'm also guessing that the motor breaths a whole heap easier too. Is that the ZX10 4-into-2 from a few years ago (without the emissions)?

For both the rider and the passenger, I had the seating area widened, the very front is raised, and I some back support.

Ride safe, Ted

Oh, forgot to ask. Since I can see the kitchen sink-wide bench, where'd you hide the refrigerator? LOL

How much effort was it to relocate the center stand (and I'm guessing other lower end connections)?

Gorgeous finished product! Thanks for sharing! Now I have a better idea what I'm aspiring to. :^ ) AB

Just an FYI - the off / on throttle choppiness and the poor shifting (helmet banging if you have a passenger) are a result of the poor factory tuning. The off throttle / back on throttle abruptness is a 2 part issue, one being the fuel injectors are shutting off and the secondary throttle plates are slamming shut, so there's no fuel / air when you re-open the throttle until it suddenly "hits" the cylinder. The poor shifting is because of the secondary throttle mapping. Basically when you blip the throttle to shift, the ECU closes the secondary throttle then jerks them open. If you did this, it would make a lousy shift... when the ecu does it, it still makes for a lousy shift.
Steve

My parts are from PBE. {Poor Boy Engineering}
The header is from a 2008 ZX-14. (head pipes are only slight larger than the ZG, have same cylinder pairing, no Cat., and dual mufflers)
The Mufflers/Mid's are 2 ea (right hand) Area P mufflers.
I modified 1 ea. (RH) muffler and mid pipe to fit on the left, & built a {LH} muffler hanger to match the one on the right.
I think it sounds good, not overly loud, and definitely breathes.
I used several of Steve's Flashes as he designed them and as I modified the bike.
Each was an improvement, but (in my opinion) the Mountain Runner Premium is the best for playing in the twisties and works well with these headers.
The center stand is in it's stock location.
Only changes to CS were to extend the push down (to clear the left muffler) and I shortened the stand (because I lowered the bike 3/4").
Side stand is; a ZX-14 Side Stand "mount" {to clear the mid pipe) with a modified Connie side stand (to adjust for lowering the bike).

The wide seat support's a (err) wide undercarriage.
The fridge is in the trunk.

Ride safe, Ted

PS: The Black Widow Header has come out recently, and is a better version of my header.
Bolts on without all the work I did.

Last edited:
Do you have an opinion on vinyl vs leather? Obviously leather costs more, but is it THAT much more comfortable than vinyl?
I had leather on my Day Long for 4-5 years and it got so slippery from my pants polishing it i had to have it redone. Sent it to Baldwin because he had some "sticky vinyl" he used on dirt bikes and it is fantastic. But I don't think he's in business anymore. He also did just a touch of reshaping for me. Nothing better than a tweaked Day Long!

i use a bead rider. no complaints. i use ninja 250 size. fits perfect
Ever do you feel the urge to slide around ?

I tried my wife’s Airhawk2 and liked it but felt the was something extra between me and the seat - didn’t care for the feel myself. Could’ve been I had too much air in the seat...

I have three seats at the moment, and had a fourth. One is leather. I prefer the feel of the leather, it breathes better. Just personal opinion. I have a RDL on my Ural, and love it. I bought it already made from a dealer though, and it is vinyl. It is very comfortable, but if I get one made for the Concours, it will have leather on top.

Ever do you feel the urge to slide around ?

I tried my wife’s Airhawk2 and liked it but felt the was something extra between me and the seat - didn’t care for the feel myself. Could’ve been I had too much air in the seat...
just got off the dragon and cherohala skyway. butt feels great. your body at first will think it strange but then it won't even notice. monkey butt a thing of the past. no more wet butt either, rain drains off. this is ninja 250 size

Attachments

• 16192094633401090026782447429383.jpg
    16192094633401090026782447429383.jpg
    151.5 KB · Views: 145
I disagree on the sticky/grabby seat theory.
I do not want the seat to grip, as I want to be able to move around.
** Being an old dirt bike/trail rider, I know that too much seat grip causes saddle sores/etc.
In fact; I always put a leather oil or wax on the seat before a ride.
& When riding the twisties, I keep my weight on the balls of my feet and shift my weight on the seat.
By doing so, you have a lower center of gravity.

Ride safe, Ted

Let the flames begin...

Last edited:
Just an FYI - the off / on throttle choppiness and the poor shifting (helmet banging if you have a passenger) are a result of the poor factory tuning. The off throttle / back on throttle abruptness is a 2 part issue, one being the fuel injectors are shutting off and the secondary throttle plates are slamming shut, so there's no fuel / air when you re-open the throttle until it suddenly "hits" the cylinder. The poor shifting is because of the secondary throttle mapping. Basically when you blip the throttle to shift, the ECU closes the secondary throttle then jerks them open. If you did this, it would make a lousy shift... when the ecu does it, it still makes for a lousy shift.
Steve

Makes perfect sense. As a no-cost, train-the-pilot approach I've been practicing with clutchless up-shifting, which does make the ride a lot smoother for solo AND 2up riding. I also adjusted the ~1/8" slack out of my throttle cable, which also helped reduce some of my hesitation to twist a little throttle after using the clutch (especially from 1st to 2nd). Momma hates the neck snapping response so I'm focusing a lot of effort on being as gentle as I can.

I sent you a conversation a few mins ago. Talk with you soon I hope. Thx, AB

My parts are from PBE. {Poor Boy Engineering}
The header is from a 2008 ZX-14. (head pipes are only slight larger than the ZG, have same cylinder pairing, no Cat., and dual mufflers)
The Mufflers/Mid's are 2 ea (right hand) Area P mufflers.
I modified 1 ea. (RH) muffler and mid pipe to fit on the left, & built a {LH} muffler hanger to match the one on the right.
I think it sounds good, not overly loud, and definitely breathes.
I used several of Steve's Flashes as he designed them and as I modified the bike.
Each was an improvement, but (in my opinion) the Mountain Runner Premium is the best for playing in the twisties and works well with these headers.
The center stand is in it's stock location.
Only changes to CS were to extend the push down (to clear the left muffler) and I shortened the stand (because I lowered the bike 3/4").
Side stand is; a ZX-14 Side Stand "mount" {to clear the mid pipe) with a modified Connie side stand (to adjust for lowering the bike).

The wide seat support's a wide undercarriage.
The fridge is in the trunk.

Ride safe, Ted

PS: The Black Widow Header has come out recently, and is a better version of my header.
Bolts on without all the work I did.

Wow, fantastic write-up Ted! Thank you for the insights and pointing me in the right direction (Black Widow Header).

So glad I joined as a member. The tech tips are spectacular! Can't wait to get an oppty to meet up with you and any others from our part of the forest. Is it only you and I here in Houston metro?

I have a bud who has TWO connies, an early version of the C10 and an '08 C14. His C10 is just as fast as my stock C14, which surprised me a bit (thinking that with carbs it would have been a little long in the tooth, but definitely was not the case).

just got off the dragon and cherohala skyway. butt feels great. your body at first will think it strange but then it won't even notice. monkey butt a thing of the past. no more wet butt either, rain drains off. this is ninja 250 size

How tall are you? I'm 5'10" and feel that even with the 2" handlebar risers I still can't get any back support without having to scoot back far enough that I'm once again leaning forward (defeating the purpose of the risers). Plus, there's just something about the edges of the seat that pulls the skin right under my hip bones to the front which creates a hot spot (that becomes a sore spot after 4 - 6 hours of riding with stops about every hr).

Have been thinking about asking the dude who re-upholstered a few pieces of furniture for me (which look really nice) to reshape the pilot portion of my saddle using memory foam before stitching things back up. Of course that'll destroy the OEM fit and finish of the stock seat, but if it solves my immediate challenge I'll be happy for a while. Corbin, Sargent and the rest of the aftermarket shapers and makers are apparently unable to fulfill orders for quite a while. According to Steve, my favorite parts guy, materials are in short supply.

The Suez Canal fiasco has >50 ships anchored off the Cali coast waiting to get unloaded, and more continue to arrive daily. Two different parts guys told me it's likely going to get much worse before things start to stabilize & return to normal sometime towards the end of this year. Yikes. And the inflation we're looking at could prove to be very real. Double yikes.

Anyone have better intel or perhaps a different understanding of the situation? Appreciate any insights y'all may have how to share.

TIA, AB

Last edited:
Congrats on the new ride!

Right now both Sargent's and the Kawi touring seat are available on Amazon. The dealer selling the Kaw seat was willing to let me try it and return it for the cost of eating some of the shipping, like $25 as long as it still looked new and was packaged nicely. Still waiting to get my credit but he was very responsive in answering questions and I only put in it the mail on Friday. I'm not sure how many times he will do that. I thought it was too firm and still had some forward lean. Probably better on a long ride but I didn't ride on it very long. It was a little better than stock but not $600 (with tax) better.

Also if you order directly from Sargent's web site, they will give you 30 days to try it and return it, again with paying for the shipping. I may try that next. I think the custom seat makers are booked up through the summer. I tried Terry's in March and he told me he was busy until August. Laam never got back with me. Good luck

Congrats on the new ride!

Right now both Sargent's and the Kawi touring seat are available on Amazon. The dealer selling the Kaw seat was willing to let me try it and return it for the cost of eating some of the shipping, like $25 as long as it still looked new and was packaged nicely. Still waiting to get my credit but he was very responsive in answering questions and I only put in it the mail on Friday. I'm not sure how many times he will do that. I thought it was too firm and still had some forward lean. Probably better on a long ride but I didn't ride on it very long. It was a little better than stock but not $600 (with tax) better.

Also if you order directly from Sargent's web site, they will give you 30 days to try it and return it, again with paying for the shipping. I may try that next. I think the custom seat makers are booked up through the summer. I tried Terry's in March and he told me he was busy until August. Laam never got back with me. Good luck

Outstanding intel. Muchas gracias Pete! I will check out Sargent and see what I can get away with. And yes, pls do keep me posted. I'll let you know how it goes on my end as well. :^ ) AB

Texas, you need to come over and try out the seat on my bike.
A C-10 that's as fast as a stock C-14? Must have mucho improvements on the engine.
Or, are you referring to same speed in the twisties?

Ride safe, Ted

Texas, you need to come over and try out the seat on my bike.
A C-10 that's as fast as a stock C-14? Must have mucho improvements on the engine.
Or, are you referring to same speed in the twisties?

Ride safe, Ted

I agree Ted. Let's connect soon! Really interested to see what my pony rides like with a high end saddle. Thought I saw your mobile # around here somewhere on an earlier thread response.

Vlad's C10 is not tuned as far as I know. He just keeps it really well maintained (eg. oil change every 1k miles, tightens everything after every ride, etc etc). Straight line launch he got the jump and then pulled on me about 5 feet (but didn't get away). Granted, I was 2-up with my 120# kiddo but I was surprised by how he got his front tire off the ground about 2 inches and stayed neck and neck with me through the gears.

I'm interested to see how much more grunt this machine has in her after Steve's ECU (MRP) update. Maybe keeping the secondaries open will alleviate the lag when blipping. I'm not at all about drag racing, but the kiddos begged for a hard pull so we gave it to them.

UPDATE: Just got back from the mailbox and yay I rcv'd my COG membership letter. In the envelope were the welcome msg, a COG sticker and 10 pre-printed referral cards. Very nice.

What surprised me the most was the address listed for COG in my neck of the woods was only ~10 miles from my cave. Wasn't aware that there are other members over this way.

Final thought: the sky is crystal clear and the temps outside are perfect for riding... what the devil am I doing in front of my keyboard right now?!?!