• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Quick mount tank bag

mbsevans2722

Anyone using a quick lock tank bag on their C10? Givi or SWMotech? I can’t seem to find any listings for a C10 in their sites.

I am also looking for a quick lock tank bag for my '02 C10. The universal fit top ring listed on the Twisted Throttle link above is what mounts to the underside of the SW Motech ION tank bag, not the Top Ring for the tank. I have sent an inquiry to TT and am waiting for a reply, but I'd like to know if anyone has actually purchased and mounted any brand of locking tank bag on their C10. TIA.

An update: I did find a reference to the ZG1000 Concours for a SW-Motech Type 135 EVO Tank Ring on the Twisted Throttle website :

For a couple of reasons I was interested in the SW-Motech PRO Tank Bags instead of the EVO or ION bags (drilling, stock availability), so I emailed SW-Motech directly (since I couldn't get ahold of anyone at TT) to confirm that the Type 135 PRO Tank Ring would also fit my bike since there was no mention of a C10 in the application list for the PRO ring. They said that it should and if it didn't I could return the ring and bag and they would pay the return shipping. Well, they were right - I ordered the Type 135 PRO Tank Ring and a PRO Micro Bag:

Installation was a breeze - took about 15 minutes. This setup was a little pricey (what isn't these days) but these are high quality goods. The mount is solid and exact - bag is rigid and sits up off the tank about 3/8 of an inch all the way around. There is no interference with controls or the gas cap. It is exactly the size I was looking for.

Here are a couple pics:

Locking Tank Ring
1648821080720.png

Micro Bag
1648821276348.png

Nice bag setup information Brian.
Never thought about a micro bag but it looks like a good fit.
That bike looks very good too, 2nd generation silverdamit, lol.
Hope to see you on a future NE meet and greet.

An update: I did find a reference to the ZG1000 Concours for a SW-Motech Type 135 EVO Tank Ring on the Twisted Throttle website :

For a couple of reasons I was interested in the SW-Motech PRO Tank Bags instead of the EVO or ION bags (drilling, stock availability), so I emailed SW-Motech directly (since I couldn't get ahold of anyone at TT) to confirm that the Type 135 PRO Tank Ring would also fit my bike since there was no mention of a C10 in the application list for the PRO ring. They said that it should and if it didn't I could return the ring and bag and they would pay the return shipping. Well, they were right - I ordered the Type 135 PRO Tank Ring and a PRO Micro Bag:

Installation was a breeze - took about 15 minutes. This setup was a little pricey (what isn't these days) but these are high quality goods. The mount is solid and exact - bag is rigid and sits up off the tank about 3/8 of an inch all the way around. There is no interference with controls or the gas cap. It is exactly the size I was looking for.

Here are a couple pics:

Locking Tank Ring
View attachment 31998

Micro Bag
View attachment 32000
Excellent information, just what I wanted. Thanks.