• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Radiator cleaner suggestions?

Offgar612

I have the radiator pulled off the C14 and would like to clean it up a bit. It’s got 34k miles on it and never had a radiator guard or a fender extender on it. Until now.
I’m looking for some kind of Foaming spray that will clean the fins as it sits. (Like the Scrubbing Bubbles!) Then lightly house it off from the engine side.

I have the radiator pulled off the C14 and would like to clean it up a bit. It’s got 34k miles on it and never had a radiator guard or a fender extender on it. Until now.
I’m looking for some kind of Foaming spray that will clean the fins as it sits. (Like the Scrubbing Bubbles!) Then lightly house it off from the engine side.

ST100 is what I've used for years. Spray it on. Hose it off.

Do you guys know about Hydrogen Peroxide and bugs? It dissolves them.
I had my radiator off this spring to replace a fan and mixed up some water and peroxide at about 30% Peroxide.
Sprayed it on a couple of time over a 1/2 hour and got a hose and toothbrush and the fins look like new.
Temp dropped one bar while cruising too.
I bet that ST100 works too, whatever that is
Nick
2014 C-14

Myler's Aluminum Radiator Repair from Utah has been an absolute godsend of radiator work for me for a dozen years or so. The mangled messes they can repair for a fraction of a new or even questionable used ones is amazing. I sent my ZX-10 rad to them for a refurbish, fin straightening and pressure test a couple of years ago. Amazed me how much more air passed through it afterwards after 14 years of road and track duty, even with running a protector most of that time. They super clean them and do a bunch of other stuff for a couple of hundred bones. RYMV. Great family run business.