• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Rear master cylinder parts source

cragantler

My rear master cylinder on my 2000 C-10 is in need of rebuild. Trying to source parts but wanted the wisdom of here first.
Unfortunately Murphs only has the front rebuild kit and wanted to find the best parts to do this.
If I can’t find anything decent I may just have to go to Partzilla for OEM parts.

Murph’s has them, you have to click on the options for the front and then select the rear set. I figured that out the other day.

This whole idea of "Chinese quality" is hilarious.
Reminds me of the 70s and 80s when people used to moan about jap-crap and tai-trash.
And yet here we are riding Japanese motorcycles that use Taiwanese electronics.
Just because it's Chinese doesn't mean it's crap. Plenty of what they make is excellent quality.
Conversely, Made in USA or Made in Britain is no guarantee it's not crap.
I just put a Chinese made rear master cylinder rebuild kit in a used ZX14 master cylinder and it works perfectly on my C14.

ive used Chinese brake stuff.. it boils down to who the reseller is and what standards they hold the manufacturer to. the rubber can be questionable, sometimes its good though, you are correct. In 10 years will be up to par across the industry i think.

I agree that they may be Chinese, but none the Ebay brake parts I listed indicate that they are made in China.
Why are you certain that they are?
I personally would order from Murph if he still carries them.

Emailed Murph and their kit is only for the front. Went to Partzilla and got a kit made by Nissin in Japan.