• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Rear suspension

mchuey19629489

Can anyone recommend a good rear shock ( 2002 C10) without making modifications to the bike or the shock? I have searched far and wide, seems we have been forgotten in the suspension world. thank you,

I believe the Progressive (465?) Is no longer available . Other than that folks have used c14 or zzr 1200 shocks with modifications . Is your shock aired up enough ? And yes , changing the oil will help a bit .

Hopefully j box repair will fix you up . It's something that needs to be done anyway because failures are pretty common and don't always occur when the bike is at home . I carry a spare in my bag just in case .

Why do you say that?
I asked question because top shock mount bushings appear to be for r&L installation.
Were not appearing as mono mounts as required for a C10.
Picture is gone now so can not verify.
That was my surmise from first viewing image casually. Never hurts to ask.

Get a C14 shock and a lowering rocker and call it good. Would cost about half of that progressive shock and the ride quality would comparable. I've ridden both and any difference is hard to tell. HTH

I asked question because top shock mount bushings appear to be for r&L installation.
Were not appearing as mono mounts as required for a C10.
Picture is gone now so can not verify.
That was my surmise from first viewing image casually. Never hurts to ask.

Looked odd to me too and I wondered why there are 2 in the picture . Someone bought it so hopefully it's what it's supposed to be .

It's hard for my tight self to imagine buying a $500 shock for a C10. As an old car salesman I knew used to say, there's a butt for every seat!