• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Recently mounted the Pilot Road 6GTs...

gilbysan

Coggers, Just got the new 6GTs mounted and now that I have them scrubbed in they seem to be working as expected. I have been using a TiRx tire changer for the last several tire changes and it works pretty well dis-mounting the old hoops and mounting the new rubber. The side walls seemed a bit stiffer than I recall from the Road5 GTs, but not enough to make any real difference in mounting. The tread design is very similar to the 5GTs although Michelin quotes that they offer better traction and wet performance plus more miles. We will see. The 5GTs I just took off gave me about 10K miles of riding enjoyment and I think there was probably another 500 or so miles left on them.

All in all, no complaints at all.

Cheers!

Gilbysan, aka Fat Ninja