• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Recommend service in the Twin Cities?

Rhoades

Bicycle
Since I only have one fob I want to get an immobilizer card programmed as a safe guard.

Local dealer wants $110 and 2 days to do it.....

Seems a bit excessive for simply plugging it into a computer.

Do you guys have anyone you recommend? I'm in the Mpls/St Paul area.

I would not do Cities Edge. Sadly that seems to be about the going rate. Shop rates are about $100.00 an hour and more when they have to hook it to a Computer.

Should be no more than 1/2 hour rate charged for this. It is a 5 minute deal if they know what they are doing.  Big IF!
Matt

Call up Gardy's in Stillwater.  I have no idea what they would charge, but they are a Kawasaki dealer and a quick phone call could give you some good information.

I have bought three bikes there starting in 2006. Always a good price and decent sales experience. But every time I have got service done it has been an unpleasant adventure.

st boni ain't very good either.  we are pretty screwed as far as quality Kawi dealers around the twin cities. 

FWIW, Leo's South quoted me $38 to program the passive FOB I bought from them last fall.  I ran out of snow-free days last year to bring the bike down for programming, but will report back after programming.  I am not sure if they meant $38/fob or $38 for all 3.

Sppd 796, let me know how it goes if you get your work done at Gardy's. I have not had any work done there, but it would be nice to know if they were good since the are so close to me.  LSGiant, would love to hear more about your unfortunate experiences there for future work.