• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Registration Open 26th Annual SPIDER RIDE--September 16 or 17 through September 19

G-Mazz

Registration is now open for the 26th annual Spider Ride, September 16th-19th, 2021. Rally Central will again be located at the Huzzah Valley Resort in
Steelville, MO. Tent camping, RV sites and Cabins are available through the resort. (www.huzzahvalley.com) or (1-800-367-4516).
Mention your with COG to get in our group camping area.

Please go to the link below for event details and registration.

The rally will have the same format as previous years. Thursday is an optional day and you are on your own for meals. Breakfast is provided Friday, Saturday and Sunday morning. Dinner is provided Friday and Saturday evenings. Soft drinks and water will be provided all weekend. The procedures and services will be designed to provide as safe and healthy an environment as possible for everyone attending. Please continue to monitor any potential Covid restrictions AND your HEALTH before you travel.

FOOD:
Friday Evening - Burgers & Brats, baked beans and fruit salad
Saturday Evening - Pork steaks, baked potato, corn on the cob, side salad, and apple cobbler
Friday, Saturday - Breakfast Omelets, coffee, juice, cold cereal, oatmeal
Sunday morning - Coffee, juice, bagels, pastries

Every attempt will be made to make this an event you don't want to miss. If you have any questions about the rally please email me (Gary Mazzola) at: gmazzola@sbcglobal.net or text/call at: 314-606-2233.

SEE YOU THERE!!

2 people already registered. Let's get this party started!! It should be another great event with riders from all over the country attending. I'm getting things planned and organized for a large group of attendees. Roads are in great condition, food will be great and the people you meet will be awesome. Don't miss it this year.
I hope to see you there,
Gary

I registered today. Looking forward to being at the Spider Ride again. I'll need some fun times by then.

August will be pretty ugly for me. I should be in decent shape by mid September.

Gary, let me know if you need help during the Rally. I'm happy to help out.

Jim I'm happy to see that you're registered to attend. I'll be sure to put you to work! If you need dietary or other requirements make sure you let me know. Delaine will kick my butt if we don't treat you right. Make sure you bring down that large group of Minnesota riders with you.🏍️🏍️🏍️
The more the merrier. Again looking forward to seeing you at the Spider.

Gary,
No special dietary requirements for me. I'm looking forward to the great Spider Ride array of foods and beverages. That what I need to maintain health. I expect to be in great shape and hope to have some good news in terms of my health. I'll have a full three weeks of recovery, so I'll be in need of some serious riding to restore my mental balance.

I'll do my best to drum up more riders from the North to make the pilgrimage. I missed last year. I'm not missing this year. Besides, Delaine will be ready to get rid of me for a few days. FYI, she would never kick your butt. She thinks the world of you. She would only kick mine, but it wouldn't do any good.

I'm really looking forward to this event. See you soon.

Just got registered. When do y'all usually arrive, Thurs or Fri? Is anyone interested in sharing a cabin? I will be getting a cabin. I gave up on camping a long time ago. Look forward to seeing everyone.

TCARS

ZGJIM
Generally about 50-60 people attend the Spider Ride. Approximately half arrive by Thursday evening with the remainder heading in throughout the day on Friday. Thursday meals are on you but the remainder of the weekend breakfast and dinner are included with your registration. With that said you arrive whenever you want. We'll keep the campfire on for you.

I'll probably come up on Thurs. Where is the evening campfire located? Would like to get a cabin that is in easy walking distance.
See you there.

When you arrive at Huzzah Valley check in at the store (large red barn style building). The staff will give you a map and show you where our campground area is located. The cabins are about 150 yards before the campground/campfire area. We will have a banner up to mark the camping area. Be sure to go to the website and look at your options for cabins. We make this pretty easy, you won’t have any difficulty finding us.

Let’s go folks, time to get registered!!

Likely in for this but having some drama with the RV, so not sure just yet.

As an aside, is there a place to get a rear tire mounted up somewhere around there? I will have one with me. I'll be burning off what's left of the current one at the RWTW.

Steve please keep me updated on your status to attend. I hope to see you there. You did a FANTASTIC JOB serving dinner last year and I’m counting on you to be with us this year. I can’t have an amateur take your place!!

What bike do plan to bring down?

I should have room in the truck to bring my tire changer. I have the adaptor to mount the tire changer to the receiver hitch on my truck. I’ll bring the correct tools and my balancer to make that happen.

Steve please keep me updated on your status to attend. I hope to see you there. You did a FANTASTIC JOB serving dinner last year and I’m counting on you to be with us this year. I can’t have an amateur take your place!!

What bike do plan to bring down?

I should have room in the truck to bring my tire changer. I have the adaptor to mount the tire changer to the receiver hitch on my truck. I’ll bring the correct tools and my balancer to make that happen.
Wow Gary, thanks for the offer. The parts showed up this morning for the RV(roof A/C) so assuming that goes to plan I'll be good to go.

I do carry the tools to R&R the tire, but no irons. The bike is the '15 650 Versys. The chain and sprockets only have about 1,000 miles on them so they will be good.

I'll know for sure in a couple of days(hopefully???). I know it would help you out a bunch if I make it so you won't have to deal with a rank amateur.(y)

All signed up. Both Joane and myself.

Steve, I have everything needed to change the tire except a balancer. I have been using the axle on a couple block method with good success. I do have stick on weights.

All signed up. Both Joane and myself.

Steve, I have everything needed to change the tire except a balancer. I have been using the axle on a couple block method with good success. I do have stick on weights.
Awesome. I'm getting delayed on mounting the new AC unit due to weather. Looking like Monday for the install. Assuming it works, I'll be good to go. When I usta mount them I balanced the same way.

Thank you again. It will be good to see the both of you and the rest of the NC contingent.

Great to see JoAnne and Jeff registered. Several more registrations this week. Let’s get more folks signed up.

Steve between Jeff and me you should have no worries about getting the tire mounted and balanced on site. The chow like needs your leadership….I’ll be looking for your registration notification real soon!

Is it bad to wish for a return to shutting down schools again so I can get free this year? Lol

I'll miss seeing you crazy kids. Be safe out there.

Judy and I will be there in our camper at site #104 on Thursday. Looking forward to get the Band back together. Tom, play hooky for a couple days!

It is good to see some additional registrations this past few days. Thanks to those who have already registered. The deadline to turn in my head count for dinner is quickly approaching so if you know others who said they plan to attend and haven't done so, please give then a gentle nudge to get registered.
We will once again take a serious approach to safety and cleanliness, so don't let that deter you from registering.

I started shopping today for food and gathering together all the equipment to make this happen. Just 17 days until opening day of the Spider Ride!! See you soon.

Good news Steve. I’ll plan to bring the tire changer and balancer unless you tell me you won’t need to change your tire. See you in a a couple of weeks.

Agreed, and thanks to all.

Bikerhawk, can't you skip school?:devilish:
If it weren't for Friday Night Sportsball, I would be there without question.

That being said, Lisa & I have discussed firing up the bus & heading over at first light Saturday for the afternoon/evening shenanigans...

The zip file attached contains Spider ride routes in three formats, .gpx for Basecamp and other programs, .gdb this is was the format used by Mapsource, .est this is the format used by Microsoft Streets & Trips

These have not been revised in many years if some folks would like to track their rides I could update these files.

Thanks

Attachments

• Routes.zip
    262.7 KB · Views: 169
I just have tire irons. Gary has the hitch mount No Mar changer. I can definitely spoon them but the changer is cool.

I just have tire irons. Gary has the hitch mount No Mar changer. I can definitely spoon them but the changer is cool.
I deleted my post from before. Gary if you can bring the "cool" changer that would be appreciated.

Scheduled departure is 7 Sept, travelling via Suches.

Steve the changer and mounting bar are on the list to pack and bring down. It shouldn't be an issue to get your tire mounted and balanced.

This looks like another nice size group. We are up to 32 registrants and I know others who are attending but haven't registered yet. If you plan to attend, please get registered soon. I will need to turn in a head count for both dinners and food purchases. Getting registered now will help considerably.

Steve the changer and mounting bar are on the list to pack and bring down. It shouldn't be an issue to get your tire mounted and balanced.

This looks like another nice size group. We are up to 32 registrants and I know others who are attending but haven't registered yet. If you plan to attend, please get registered soon. I will need to turn in a head count for both dinners and food purchases. Getting registered now will help considerably.
Already registered, likely arriving on Wed, maybe Thurs.

Awesome to see registration continuing to ramp up. We are at 37 attending and I'm sure many more to come. Get the word out to your friends and let's get at least 50 or more signed up.

We will take all the available precautions to maintain a safe environment like we did last year. I want everyone to feel safe and comfortable. So far we have riders from Nebraska, Illinois, Arkansas, Florida, Minnesota, Iowa, Kansas, Ohio, Kentucky, Missouri, Wisconsin, New Mexico, and Michigan.

See you soon.....

The weather forecast looks very good for the event; Low 80's and mostly sunny:cool: during the day and mid-60's or so for overnight temperatures. So far looks like super weather for riding and camping.
We are now at 42 registrations but I still hope to get the numbers up a little higher. I will send an email message explaining an overview of the event and a daily schedule to each person who registers.

I pick up the cargo trailer Saturday, shop for food on Sunday, and load the trailer on Monday. So if you have ideas on attending, PLEASE get registered by Sunday so I purchase plenty of food for everyone. You won't go hungry at the Spider Ride!!

Until then stay safe and healthy--see you soon,
Gary

Houston, we have a problem. I noticed after yesterday's ride that the bike has a bunch of shiny metal filings scattered on the rear rim. I suspect wheel bearing(s). So I'm out. I've been able to locate bearings but the seals seem to be on back order. Disassembly happens tomorrow.

Gary and Jeff, thanks for the support on tire replacement but will now not be needed.

Houston, we have a problem. I noticed after yesterday's ride that the bike has a bunch of shiny metal filings scattered on the rear rim. I suspect wheel bearing(s). So I'm out. I've been able to locate bearings but the seals seem to be on back order. Disassembly happens tomorrow.

Gary and Jeff, thanks for the support on tire replacement but will now not be needed.
Steve keep us posted on your progress. Hopefully you can remove the dust seals without damaging them and at least reuse them until new ones arrive. I have a set of blind bearing pullers if you want to tackle the job at the Spider.
I'll plan on bringing the tire changer and balancer until I hear otherwise.

Steve keep us posted on your progress. Hopefully you can remove the dust seals without damaging them and at least reuse them until new ones arrive. I have a set of blind bearing pullers if you want to tackle the job at the Spider.
I'll plan on bringing the tire changer and balancer until I hear otherwise.
Gary, don't bring the changer as I'll be a no show. Already back at the house. The seals were already on order as the old ones were getting bad, likely the cause of a bearing gone bad, assuming my suspicions are confirmed.

Bearings are already the sealed type. The "seals" are only dust guards. BTW almost any good parts store should be able to cross over your "seals" I got my last set at NAPA. Just bring your old seal and the part it rides on.

Just got home from the Spider Ride. Had a great weekend. Big THANKS to Gary and everyone else who made it happen. Looking forward to next year.

I made it home by 7:30 last night. Thanks to Gary and everyone else for putting on another fantastic event. I had a great time, even though I had to trailer the sport bike to Steelville.

I know I had fun because the the rear tire is finished on the CBR. It was flat by the time I got home. Seems me old body held up better than the tire.

Looking forward to next year's event.

Gary, just so you know, all your pre-work to put on the Spider worked. I want to also thank who ever else volunteered at the event and whomever helped to set it up. Thank you, Thank you.

I also want to send out my best wishes to Jack and Judy. I hope Judy has a speedy recovery.

Gary, thanks for letting slide in to attend the Spider, enjoyed hanging with the NC guys. All your efforts made for a smooth rally.
Was heading for Waco TX to visit with a bud but called him when I got to Steelville and he had contracted Covid. So I switched gears and headed to KC to visit with my sister in law and family. Will probably start meandering home on Wednesday or so. Again, thanks for a great rally.

Kurt [GA]