• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Replacement float bowls to prevent hydrolock

John_Atkinson

Hello all,

Just saw these on eBay and wondering if they will work in place of the OEM Connie float bowls to prevent hydrolock? Looks like these are the ones for the Voyager XII / ZG1200B which, as I understand it, come with the overflow tubes already installed...

Also, would this be a straight swap of the OEM Concours bowls or would there be additional parts required?

Would very much appreciate any feedback from anyone with experience in this area as I have none.....

Thanks in advance,
JA

Hello all,

Just saw these on eBay and wondering if they will work in place of the OEM Connie float bowls to prevent hydrolock? Looks like these are the ones for the Voyager XII / ZG1200B which, as I understand it, come with the overflow tubes already installed...

Also, would this be a straight swap of the OEM Concours bowls or would there be additional parts required?

Would very much appreciate any feedback from anyone with experience in this area as I have none.....

Thanks in advance,
JA

I recall there are other models with the bowels you want. But, I would suggest looking for OEM parts.
I’ve bought some knock off carb parts like this on eBay, for dirt bikes etc
Not much good to say other than “good price”

I had Steve Sefsick install over flow tubes in mine at the same time he did a complete clean / rebuild and installed his “2 minute jet mod”
Holy cow what a difference.
My c10 is sooo much more rideable now.
Best Regards
Bob

Why not just use a manual fuel tap conversion kit, I'm so used to riding old bikes that it simply is never an issue for me to remember to turn off the fuel when I turn off the engine. Yes, Steve's work is outstanding, this is just an option to not having to remove your carbs.

Yes the ZG1200 Voyager XII bowls will fit and work and they do have OEM installed overflow tubes.

You might need new float bowl o-rings depending on condition of your current ones.

I've often heard that EPA regs are why the C10 didn't get overflow tubes.

I don't believe that to be the case as concurrent production for over 12 years had ZG1200's equipped with overflow tubes and ZG1000's without.

Yes the ZG1200 Voyager XII bowls will fit and work and they do have OEM installed overflow tubes.

You might need new float bowl o-rings depending on condition of your current ones.

I've often heard that EPA regs are why the C10 didn't get overflow tubes.

I don't believe that to be the case as concurrent production for over 12 years had ZG1200's equipped with overflow tubes and ZG1000's without.

Ya know, that IS a good question
The C10 did not have over flow tubes, while other concurrent models did.
Enquiring minds want to know. ( It's an old news paper add for the Cincinnati Enquirer)
Best
Bob

Might be that the ZG1200 was not intended to be sold in the European market ?
I don't know. We know the ZG1000 was sold in that market. It's an emissions thing.
Maybe ?

This might be an explanation? {maybe}

The ZG-1200 Voyager was built in Japan, and the ZG-1000 was built in the USA. (ie; Kansas)

Ride safe, Ted

The first 2 years of the voyager were made in Japan then built in Lincoln Nebraska after that. Thought all C10'S we're made in Japan.

Most (if not all) C-10's were assembled in USA.
BUT, yer rite; Voyager too, and Nebraska, not Kansas..

From the Kawasaki site; All in all, 36 models were made in Lincoln, including the KZ400, KZ900, ZX-11, ZX-6, Ninja 600R, ZG1200 Voyager, ZG1000 Concours, and maybe most famously of all, the KZ1000P.

Gloom <😢>
Another perfectly good theory. Shot to hell.
(Thanx Bud)

Ride safe, Ted

Last edited:
May not have the date correct....part of the Nationals in '05?? was a stop and tour of the Lincoln plant to see the C10 being built. Then everyone headed to CO for the rest of the National. Don't remember the city/area of Co headquarters were at. Dang, time flies by!

Thanks for the idea! Perhaps I will install overflow tubes in my float bowls once I find a replacement rod for the one I bent when my C10 hydro-locked!